Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-21-2006, 12:22 PM   #31  
New mom to be

Wink

Well, mine was last year around May I think. A new store went into the mall that I work in, and there was about 100 ft of large glass windows. I had to walk past them every day to get to my store and the first time that I looked over and saw my reflection I almost died!!! I couldn't believe that I had gotten so big. I did not have a scale or a full length mirror at home and I didn't allow pics so I didn't really know what I looked like. It was a real eye opener. So, June 1st I started WW.

Valentine's goal:

Started WW June 1 '05 (long term goal):

to everyone!!! You can all do it!!! Let's get healthy!!
sassybrat25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 02:32 PM   #32  
I like jewelry.

Height: 5'7"

I was two pounds shy of obese, and nearly fifty pounds higher than the weight at which I feel the best.

I went from being the skinniest friend to the biggest by far.

I looked at my diet and realized that entire days went by without me eating any fruits or vegetables.
TBJ333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 02:42 PM   #33  
Gonna be skinny!

S/C/G: 240/224/140

Height: 5'5

I think my worst moment was after i had my 3rd baby, a year ago last week. I was at the drs office and had to go pee in a cup and in the stinkin bathroon they had one wall that was just mirror. Sooooo...when i stood up finished i looked over at myself and i swear i didnt leave that bathroom for 20 minutes cuz i was crying at what i saw. Its not like i didnt realize that i had gained weight but i had never reallllly looked at myself, kinda like what you dont see wont kill you. I tried several stupid fad diets over the past year never making it a week, but now that i realized i need a diet that fits me and my life and one i can maintain i think i can do it!!!! By the way...today marks my one week since i started and i am still pumped and excited about this diet...
ladypeacek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 02:46 PM   #34  
Mommy to two beast-ettes

i found a pic of myself from 5 years ago when i was 20, and thought i've had enough of this, i know i can get back down and fit into my skinny clothes.

and i used to think i was "fat" at 135. shame on me!
jas80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 04:06 PM   #35  
Learning to love myself

I got back from holiday in Australia, and the first thing that hit me was looking at the photos.... and thinking "god i AM fat"...

then I weighed myself to see if i'd lost any weight through all my walking in Australia - and no - i now weighed 105kg!!!!

THAT was the defining moment. After that I swore that I would lose this excess weight - for the good of my heart & health, and also to assist with TTC... I have PCOS, so am hoping that if.. no WHEN I lose the weight, my symptoms aren't going to be as severe
emjayah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 09:38 PM   #36  

i purposely sat on an exercise ball in front of a low mirror. i really really looked at the extra flab around my tummy. i thought to myself "why do i feel that i deserve to look like this?" "i don't wanna be mean to me anymore."
lovebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 11:19 AM   #37  

Last summer. Trying to go on a ride with my then 8 year old daughter in Dollywood. And, being asked to get off the ride because they could not put the lap bar down.

Sigh.
Loreebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 01:14 AM   #38  

I've always been around 180-185lbs from ages 18 to 23. then was able to get down to 170 just before getting pregnant. I had reached 200 the day I gave birth. Most of the weight came off right away but then came in the past year! I had slowly crept up to 194 just six pounds shy of what I was the day I had her. That was just too much of a eye opener..

2 weeks into my "lifestyle change" I've lost 8 pounds and am 1 away from my normal weight.. but not stopping there. Its finally dawned on me that I don't want to be a size 16 anymore and I can do something about it.

stephanie
sunstreeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 06:04 AM   #39  

I always thought I was huge, and was told I was. I remember being 154 pounds and feeling like I wouldn't get through doors! I got really depressed and ate loads.

Then one day I woke up and I really was fat (302 pounds). Self fulfilling prophesy you see.

So my message is that feeling disgusted with yourself makes you fat. Once you start loving yourself (and ignoring other people's comments as they are bizarre!) its much easier to get thinner.
coley144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 09:21 AM   #40  

Actually I've had several moments in my life, where I know I was FAT, and just didn't choose to do anything about it, but I started feeling sluggish and slow, didn't have any energy, and the fact that my 8 year old daughter one day at church, during Sunday School, she told me that I was fat! I never really thought of myself as "That Big"....and always told myself that I see people everyday that is "Bigger Than Me"...so whatever....All this and the fact that my 14 year old son weighs more than I weighed before I got pregnant with him, makes me wanna barf....before I had him I weighed in at 118 pounds....
DeeJae37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 09:00 PM   #41  

I was in the hospital for some surgery. I weighed 176. The chart said "obese white female" across the top. I felt hopeless so I gained some weight and pretended I didn't care and I was doomed to be fat. But that's changing now.
Laura
LauraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 09:53 PM   #42  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

As I think back on it, there have been quite a few, none of which have really stuck. The most recent, however, happened only a few days ago; after I had already decided I had to "get serious" again; and it has really scared me.

Anyway . . . there I am, down in the basement, just having finished cleaning the kitty litter (a daily event since I have 3 cats), I turned around and tripped over my own shoe, bounced into a wall and ended up flat on the floor. The "moment of truth" however, was when I discovered I could not get up!!!! and not because I was hurt, simply because there was too much of me to easily lever off the floor again. Too make a long story a little shorter, it took me about 15 minutes to haul myself back to a standing position. Really frightening experience and one I hope not to repeat. At least the cats found it entertaining.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 10:05 PM   #43  

I always try to hide my weight under baggy clothing, and big sweaters. It's hard looking at pictures, especially when I'm with my friends because they are all so skinny, and I look like a blimp next to them!

Also, I was trying on bridesmaid's dresses and of course we all knew that the dress sizes are way off, but i couldn't fit in any dresses at the store. None... I could pull some of them up, but they were no way close to being able to do up. I was really embarrased, and finally gave up, just having hte other girls try the dresses on.
Linds81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 11:56 PM   #44  
*The Mighty Power Piglet*

This picture, this is the day (oct. 31st) I married my wonderful husband. We planned to get married, then have the wedding in May of 07', so we would both be out of school (one of the gifts we are getting is a trip to Europe so my family there can meet him, and we want a month or two over there to experience everything, this will be my fourth trip and his first). But I got this picture back from the minister and almost died. There he is, looking so cute, and then I have the cankle effect going on (except its my chin blending into my 'other' chin which then blends into my neck). The dress I want to wear for the wedding itself is strapless and body forming, and I can't imagine how I'm supposed to wear this at the size I am now. I want to be beautiful for him, and for once (for the first time since we've been together), I want him to physically see the person he thinks is so beautiful, as beautiful. And I want to meet that person too.
Brytax is offline   Reply With Quote