Mantra - What is yours?

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • I have been repeating in my head, "I am not a sausage" for some time now when I am about to do something bad - like buy a Cadbury bar.

I found a new one this week in WW magazine. In refering to eating your kids leftovers, it said to say to yourself, "I am not a garbage can."

I would like to hear what words other people use to motivate themselves and compile a list.
  • I usually say, 'Is this ______ (candy bar, brownie, etc) REALLY worth looking like THIS?'
  • I just keep telling myself it's not worth it to overeat or have a bad snack. I keep telling myself I've put to much effort into this to blow it!
  • When I'm on the rowing machine, and I'm feeling like I want to quit, I say to myself "I'm going to be a size 8, I'm going to be a size 8."
  • "Dripping water eats through stone."

Tiny little changes can have a huge effect.
  • "There will be more insert bad food here."

Whether it's totally abstaining or only taking a bite, reminding myself that I will, at some point, be in contact with the threatening food again is comforting.
  • I don't have a mantra per se. I have three daughters. All the motivation I need.
  • "I am an athlete!"
  • "I am losing weight"

Not I can, or I will but I am!
  • 85 85 85 85 85 85 85

It keeps me going on the treadmill, 85 kg being my first goal weight

or

size 16 size 16 size 16 size 16

Kathy
  • Mine is in my siggy, "Never trade what you want at the moment for what you want the most." Applies to pretty much anything, IMO.

Beverly
  • Right now my motivation is "Spring Bike Rally" in Myrtle Beach SC. It is in May and there is nothing more humiliating than riding down the strip with your guy on the back of a motorcycle having all your jiggling bits out in the open for all to see.

Amy
  • I've had several through this journey ... the first was what I found was a ubiquitous cliche, but it worked for me at the time: "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels." Another has been, "To get what you want, STOP doing what isn't working." (Dennis Weaver, of all people)
  • 'Whatever it takes.'
  • got mine in my sig too, "Never let what you can't do interfere with what you can do."