Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-16-2006, 09:42 PM   #31  
Losing for Life!

Sonja: 5 K = 3.11 miles for those Americans on board! Lol . So 34 minutes to do 3.11 miles is awesome. Right now I am doing .30 of a kilometer in 25 minutes. So maybe someday I will reach your level! Since you already journal how about weighing and measuring your food for a couple of days just to see if you are over or under estimating what you think you are serving.

Im A Loser: Good job! 2 pounds is great! Come more often and post a little bit about what you are doing for activity and what is working for you!

Lindystar: Great idea to write something positive you have to be proud of every day! I am going to start doing that too!

Sunshine: Good for you! You are moving right along and finding better choices for your smoothie is great! Exercise at the gym is great too!

Yukimfat: Another pizza success, someday I will get there too I hope! Keep up the journal and the exercise!

Dawn: I am glad you enjoyed your workout with the trainer and you are doing other exercise as well! You are strong!

Donna: It always shows at the scale sooner or later, good job! What is your total down now?

I have had a good week. I stayed dead on program until last night when I had an intense urge for some candy and used 10 flex points on jelly beans and other assorted junk. Oh well it had to happen sometime at least I was within my points.

On the positive side I made my son’s favorite food for his Birthday dinner tonight (weinersnitzel) and I only had 1- 4.5 ounce piece. I used to eat at least a pound of it along with oven roasted potatos or French Fries. So I have come a long way as it is also my favorite meat dish. And I only ate 3 ounces of the oven fries which were made with less than 1 tsp of oil for each person.

I will be back after WI tomorrow and will hopefully have a whole number this week. I am going to continue to eat on program and as clean as I can for this week. Stay Strong!
Sheri~C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 11:40 PM   #32  

Hi all. I've had a busy weekend so I've been away from the boards. DH turned 31 this weekend and we had a party for him on Saturday and then people "dropped by" on his birthday on Sunday and then again today so I have had three days of eating garbage. My home gym is on the fritz so for my workouts I am forced to use dumbbells only (which restricts me a lot) but I did go swimming today for an hour. There was a guy at the pool that had an mp3 player that attached to his goggles and he could hear his tunes while doing laps! I was amazed - I gotta get me one of those!
AnVy1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 09:29 AM   #33  
bigmamatita

I'm happy to report that I lost 2.2 lbs this past week! I've been eating great I just need to step it up on the workouts. Well I was also sick this weekend so I couldnt get any exercise in but I maintained my calorie intake between 1000-1200 so thats good. Hope to report back soon! Good Job Ladies you all are doing so wonderful, I'm so excited!
bigmamatita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 09:39 AM   #34  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

Gm all

I did good yesterday on my eating untill last night I cooked fried chicken for the kids and I could not stand it I had to have some I only ate one chicken leg and I did not get my snack last night. Oh well today is a new day and I am doing well so far
B Toast (whole wheat bread) 2
Milk 2 cups
Water 8oz

snack bar

I am going to eat out for lunck will have a salad with some grilled chicken on it..I not sure what I will have for supper it may be hambugers.

Will walk and do my workout so thats my day today..

I hope you all are well and have a great day

Leigh
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 12:33 PM   #35  
banned

AHHHH!!! I just typed a huge post and then the stupid server said it was too busy!! GRRRRR.

Well, here's what i said in a nutshell i guess...

I haven't posted here in a while, probably cuz I haven't been doing too great. This weekend was horrible...I totally binged...like REALLY bad. I had some personal relationship problems on Friday night, and then I binged all weekend cuz I was sad and mad...and just about every emotion. And I just wanted to drown myself in McDonald's and other fatty foods. Not to mention, my dad went out of town this weekend and my mom bought TONS of junk food, including mountain dew (my weakness)(and not just cans...the huge 24 oz. bottles)....even though she KNEW i was on a diet. It made me mad, but I still ate pretty much everything in sight. I'm afraid to even step on the scale.

Ugh...and I already cracked open a mountain dew this morning. And Saturday night I had lots of drinks and got drunk with my friend. AND I haven't exercised. I exercised yesterday, but I couldn't even get through the whole video. I did Billy Blanks Cardio Circuit 1, and only got through 20 minutes of the 45 minute video. I know that's not so bad, but usually I can get through something like that. Now my back and abs are so sore today I can hardly move. So I'm not exercising AGAIN today. I DID get Jillian's "Winning by Losing" book yesterday, read through the whole thing, and I must say I am really excited to get started on the 12-week circuit training program.

Sorry to be such a downer. I have lost 2 pounds so far throughout this plan (I've only been on it about 2 1/2 weeks), and my clothes are starting to feel a little looser. And everyone is doing awesome on all the losses I just wish I had that much luck. Sometimes it's not very encouraging to see how much weight everyone else is losing, and i've only lost 2 pounds. But I know I'm not that much overweight so it'll take me a little longer. But keep up the great work everyone
Danzer5570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 02:22 PM   #36  
on my way to HOT !!!

S/C/G: 260/260/150

Height: 5'3

Talking

Hi Ladies

I know most of you don't know me, but I am a participant in this challenge. MY name is Elizabeth, I am 30 years old and am on The Diet Journey of 2006 ~ 3FC Style !!

I have lost an additional 2 lbs towards my weightloss.
Here are my stats:
SW: 274 (as of Jan 1st 2006
CW: 261
GW: 150

I am eating 1200 calories a day, cut out sodas, exercising and just being overall healthy !!

Congrats to you All and Keep up the Good Work !!
MommaAshley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 04:27 PM   #37  
Losing for Life!

Oh, Yeah! I did it! Finally I have some whole numbers to put up on my ticker! WI this am and I am down 4.4 pounds That means I am only 2.8 pounds away from a total of 50! WHOO HOO! I am feeling good and strong and I am ready to kick some butt!

After eating clean and being ever so careful to get in all my veggies, fruits and fiber last week, I know that I can do it again this week so I get that 50 pound magnet!

I am WOMAN hear me roar!:lol

AnVy1221: Good to hear you are finding alternate exercise. I have never seen an mp3 for the water! I need to look into that!

bigmamatita: Good job! 2.2 pounds is great! You keep it up and soon you will be feeling so good!

Leigh: I chicken leg is not that bad, you could have eaten more but you didn't. Find the positive and go on from there!

Heather: It is really important that when you are feeling bad and not staying on track that you come here! That is why we are all here so we can support and encourage each other. I am glad you finally came back and shared with us! You need to stop feeling like you are not doing as well as anyone else! 2 pounds is great and it is gone! You have to find a positive space to get back on track. Success builds on success and your first success is coming here and posting, now you can build on that. Your second success is reading Jillians book, now you have 2 positive things to build on. I know you can find more. Decide to not have anymore MD and find something that tastes good that is not calorie heavy. Like the new fruit flavored waters that are sweetened with sucralose. It is a good alternative to pop and 0 calories.

You can get on track and you can get into a groove where everything is working for you but you need support. You can do this and we can help!

Think of at least one thing that you did today that is positive, from parking the car farther away in the parking lot to saying no to a treat and write down what you are doing that is positive. Then write down all the negative things you have done and crunch that paper up in a ball and throw it out, that negative behaviour is gone and you are starting fresh!

Elizabeth: Glad you stopped in to post, You are doing great! You have a plan and it is working! That is such a great start to reaching your goal! We look forward to hearing more from you soon!
Sheri~C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 06:31 PM   #38  

Way to go Sheri C!! 4.4 pounds is awesome!!! You will be getting your 50 pound magnet before you know it - keep up the great work!

I am doing much better today. I got my exercise in, I've been drinking my water and eating my veggies (mmmm fiber!) and I am 100% back on program with my eating.
AnVy1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 07:25 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 184/C/145

I went to WW tonight, and I lost 5.2 pounds!!! I am pumped! Thats all tonight girls!
jenn_mullett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 07:28 PM   #40  

Lindystar, I find Kinetic enjoyable! but it does not really work me hard! I use it to warm down from a weights session. But on its 12 week program it starts off with only 20 minutes 3-4 times a week, and builds up to 40-60 min 5 times a week. It breaks each session up into. a warm up, then a cardio game, then a yoga type game (slow but rythmic), then you choice an optional 10 min routine, then a stretch. (But i cheat and only like the games !)
The games are fun! I do not have a lot of space? but it is ok (in metric my lounge room floor space is only like a 3m square, i think that is about 3.5 yards square) I thought it would be more of a complete excercise program though! and i wish i could up the times of the sessions, one cardio session is 10 minutes! I would happily put it up the 20! but you cannot.
There is only 2 different trainers, And so far using the same trainer it is the same warm up every time, which sux, and only 2 different sound tracks to pick for each game. Very limited?
For the money i would only rate it 5 out of 10.
And it will not work in dim light (DH got up early the other morning and could not use it! in dawn light even with all our lights on!), but it has an option for dim light? but i have never used that option, so you could not do it at night!
Generally I am not too impressed in it! But i have it and will continue to use it.

Sheri - nearly at 50 pounds! wow that is great! you should be proud! And funny you say about measuring and weighing food!!! I have been looking into getting some digital scales, as i only estimate when it comes to food portions, and that was next on my list to buy! LOL! I actually think i over count my calories to make sure they are all counted for! So if i have a 1500 day, it might in reality be only 1350-1400!

Heather - put it behind you, work out your plan of attack! and stay positive!
I too am an emotional eater, but i found the best way to deal with it was to go for a walk! and then by the time i got back, i had calmed down enough not to binge! It is tough! It took me knowing what set off the eating, and putting some other habits in that place! I had a list on my fridge of things to do instead of binging! like - take a long bath, read a book, watch a movie, go for a walk, go for a swim, visit a friend..... You may have had a bad day but you are back!
icedragon6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 09:46 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 184/C/145

Default congrats everyone:)

I just wanted to mention that at the gym I go to it has different fitness classes (step, yoga, belly dancing, ect..), and they are really fun alternatives rather then going on the dreaded treadmill. I also find It works me alot harder!

I have noticed that people are having some very good results so congrats to you all. I know that this road aint easy, and we all cave into our cravings at some point. I read here some place some one said if you 'think' you are hungrey have a salad (or something really healthy), and if you dont want it then you are not hungry at all. Another thing to remember is that the weight is not going to disappear over night. I tell myself I did not get this big over night, so I am not going to loose it all over night. Loosing weight is a slow process, and it is a lifestyle change! So those who have been a little off track dont get too down on yourself, tomorrow is a new day A good time to change.

jenn
jenn_mullett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 12:57 AM   #42  
banned

i'd just like to thank everyone for the great support! i love it here. and sheri, i'll definitely post more often!! you're right...it's not a good idea to stop posting when i'm having a hard time. i'm going to make it a point to post every day...even if i'm falling off the wagon, cuz the support here is amazing.

thanks again!!
Old 01-18-2006, 12:59 AM   #43  
banned

hey, where's my signature?
Old 01-18-2006, 08:40 AM   #44  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

GM
I am doing well so far I have to go shopping so today will be alittle off cause I dont have my reg lunch stuff..I am working on getting more protein in and still walking and working out. I have got my app with the boob doc .
I will be going on the 30th to take "the girls" to see what he says.. I will keep all of you up to date on whats going on with that..I am ready to fine out what he will say..

If any one of you have yahoo and need a one on one buddy to work with message me...I need a buddy to push me and be a friend..I love chat and do it all the time. I need a g/f to hang with and share the ups and downs of the weight loss thing..I am big into yahoo...Just let me know..

Leigh
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 10:15 AM   #45  

Default Overeating

hi ladies, sorry, i know i am a horrible poster.......

so the inevitable has happened, i went home last night and pigged out. i ate on program, lol, but i ATE. felt gross and bloated after, ate 500 calories over my limit.

okay, heres what amazed me the most though. i still didnt eat what my body burns in a day. i wasnt over enough to eat more than i burned. so now i am wondering truthfully, HOW MUCH WAS I EATING BEFORE TO GET ME TO THIS POINT? what an eye opening experience. i dont think i realized how much food i was actually consuming in a day, and what junk it was........
Jailene is offline   Reply With Quote