Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-13-2006, 01:59 PM   #1  

Default Weird question.

I don’t know what is going on here. For the last 4 days or so, I have been getting dressed in the morning and feeling really slim. My pants seem to button easier and it just feels good! But, by the end of the day, I am busting out of my pants. I feel painfully bloated and it sucks. I cannot figure out any hormonal correlation. And I don’t think it is food related because I haven’t really had the problem before. What do you think is going on.

Thank you
Saffron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 02:01 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

You are retaining water as the day goes on. Better check it out with your doc. You may need a diuretic.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 02:04 PM   #3  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Saffron - I have had some trouble with bloating and mostly mine had to do with salt intake. Extra salt can really make you retain water and puff up. My doctor suggested I try to keep it around 2000mg but I find that pretty hard to do. I try to keep it as low as possible and I can definitely tell the difference when I have had too much. Processed foods, especially soups contain a lot of sodium. If it is really painful, you might want to see your doctor. Good luck and hope you feel better.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 02:11 PM   #4  

Thanks for the responses! So quick too!!
I doubt I am retaining fluid or eating too much sodium. I try to only eat whole unprocessed foods. And I drink a ton of water during the day and I am in the bathroom at least once an hour. (I think it annoys my boss! LOL Oh well!!) I don’t know what happened. 4 years ago, when I weighed 228lbs, I don’t ever remember having so many stomach issues and problems. I could (and did) eat what ever I wanted to. I just find it so weird how I wake up feeling so good, and come home feeling like a whale. It doesn’t make sense to me.
Saffron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 02:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Don't totally reject the idea of it being food related. Your body can develope food sensitivies as you age. I have to be very careful of dairy and potatos

There's lots of important innards in your abdomen. It could be several things. I'd like to hear what your doctor says too. Ya know he/she is gonna ask about your bowels
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 03:05 PM   #6  

Default Just a thought...

Saffron:

If you eat a lot of unprocessed food then I assume that you have a fairly high intake of fiber. I have some problems with bloating when I eat a lot of high fiber foods. Maybe you should take a look at the amount of fiber in your diet... Good luck!
yogachick30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 03:58 PM   #7  
Under construction

I don't know if you've been having any trouble with your "bathroom habits", but a friend of mine has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, and she has a real problem with bloating throughout the day.
tipsygypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 04:03 PM   #8  
I like jewelry.

Height: 5'7"

Also when your belly is smaller, filling it up with food and water probably creates a more noticeable change than it did when you weighed 228.
TBJ333 is offline   Reply With Quote