Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-09-2006, 01:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 312/ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Default venting!!

I'm sorry I just need to Vent.
Tonight I started exercising to my tape and I probably look ridiculous but it still makes me feel good that doing something about my weight. Anyway my Husband starts laughing at me during one movement. I got a little angry and told him I didn't like it but when that part came up again he laughed again. Then he started make little coments which I could'nt hear if they were about me or not. Sometimes when he sees me getting upset and he thinks Im blowing it out of proportion he pushes more, JERK!! At first it bummed me out. I felt like quiting I just wasnt into it. But then I thought pi$$ on him. He's got 70 pounds on me and hes sitting on his butt doing nothing about it. So I started working double time. I was so angry I have never workout so hard in my life.
Sorry, but it really bothered me and I had to tell someone else about it. It is eating me up inside that he would be so thought less. Up until today he has always been very supportive.
Thanks for listening.
Kelly
babyfattimes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 01:52 AM   #2  

This is the very reason that I wait until there is no-one home and then I do my workout dvds. Good for you for not giving up! Don't let ANYONE sabotage your mission to lose weight. Remember why you are doing it - FOR YOU!!
digiscraptina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 01:58 AM   #3  

Sometimes they get jealous and fearful that if you lose weight and look fabulous you wont want them anymore.
You are exercising whihc is fantastic =)
I weigh similar to you and I got a brand new exercise bike for christmas and can barely manage 2 minutes on it. I find it so hard to get motivated to exercise.
Do your ankles hurt at your weight? I have found being this weight hurts my ankles
Ocean Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 02:03 AM   #4  

my husband is usually supportive as well but he has his moments where i would just love to smack him, but then i sit back and think that he, (whether it be consciously or not), wants me to fail at this because he likes things the way they are. i think he is afraid that if i lose the weight i will change or that things will be different. like you, i use any remark or chuckle he makes as motivation. dont let him get to you. you are on your way to a new, healthier, and happier you.
_MelissaLyn_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 02:10 AM   #5  

Thanks Tina and ocean girl!
I think what made me so mad is he has no room to criticize.

No I done have a problem with my ankles but my mom is 5 pounds lighter then me and complains about her ankles hurting when she exercises. I have an issue with my foot I hurt it about 9 months ago and it will not heal sometimes it makes exercise difficult.
Congrats on the pregnancy!!! When I was pregnant with my daughter I actually weighted 20 pounds less at 9 months then I did at 1 month because I walked alot for exercise. I was 292 and was worried about going over 300.
Kelly
Old 01-09-2006, 02:43 AM   #6  

Thanks everyone
Your right the more I tought about I understand better.
He is very jealous now I cant imagine how **** be when I lose the weight. Plus in the past he has been a diet sabatoger(sp) bring my favorite food weaknesses when he knows Im dieting.
Kelly
Old 01-09-2006, 05:54 AM   #7  

I think the other thing is, that some of those moves on the videos are pretty funny!!! I'm afraid I would have just smiled, sat down, and asked him to show me how to do it better and then just laughed at him!

I found the first rule of losing weight is you must be able to laugh at yourself and the situations that happen, otherwise it will drive you mad.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 10:22 AM   #8  

Everyone has made good points but I tend to agree with kykaree. I do understand where you are coming from, though. My husband has been awesome. He is my biggest supporter and cheerleader. There have been a couple of times recently when he made a sarcastic comment and it rubbed me the wrong way.

You handled the situation just right. Regardless of the intent of someone else's comments or actions you still have to bite the bullet and do what is right for YOU. And, you know what? It doesn't matter how silly you might of looked doing those moves - they were burning calories all the same. A lot more than sitting on the couch and snickering at someone else would have burned.
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 10:35 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 268(2003) 186/182/146

Height: 5'5"

Sorry that your hubby was such a jerk. Good for you though for finishing your workout. Don't let him sabotage you, keep up the good work!!
getncontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 10:45 AM   #10  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

My husband did the same thing to me...I got up and moved to another room. He now has to get up out of his chair to see where I am when I am gone so long....lol...Maybe with all the walking he is doing now he can shead a few pounds himself lol....

Keep working at it....Don't stop....He will be laughing out of the other side of his face when you are turing heads when yall walk down the street...
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 12:54 PM   #11  

Well, I have to admit that occasionally while doing my videos at home I have to laugh when I catch a glimps of my own reflection trying to get into certain positions

IMHO, working double time was EXACTLY the right thing to do.
racegirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote