Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 11:46 PM   #76  

Talking

Hi all! I'm in Calgary, Alberta. Good to see so many Canadians aboard. Maybe we can motivate eachother a bit eh?

I am not on any real diet plan. I am working on portion control and a mixture of calorie counting and keeping my fat intake low, plus no carbs after 4 pm( I use FitDay daily and find a very useful tool in helping me make healthier choices). I am also trying to work out or walk 5-6x a week. I walk MOn, Wed & Sat. and I try to go to the Gym Tues., Thurs., and Friday. I just bought a walking DVD (not WOTP) It will do when we get too cold here I guess but the 'instructor' is more than a little annoying LOL.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:35 AM   #77  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Dragontush Ive been asking the family for a mp3 or ipod or even a walkman so I can cruise the neighbourhood on my walks. Well actually with the weather being as it is I don't wanna be outside right now...so I guess I can cruise the malls...lol
Old 02-02-2006, 09:58 AM   #78  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Happy Groundhog Day . . .

Most of our newbies for the past couple of days seem to be living in Alberta. Chem, however, we'll count as PEI . . . only NWT to go . . . opps I guess I forgot we need Nuniuvik (spelling?) too.

Actually, my oldest son and his family are in Alberta . . . Bonnyville/Cold Lake area.

We finally got a blizzard here in Nova Scotia yesterday, after an almost completely snowless January. Good grief, the grass was even trying to grow. It ended up leaving only about 35/40 cm. Still pretty scant by our usual standards, although I'm not too sure how they decide on the accumulation when it is anything but level out there. I hate it when it snows sideways. The long range forecast is calling for 10/11 degrees again for Saturday/Sunday. Absolutely crazy winter, this year. Anyway, this afternoon it's supposed to turn sunny and we all know that means another 6 weeks of whatever kind of winter it is. Here's hoping your local groundhog stays in the shade.

Have a great day, gang. See you soon. In the meantime, keep smiling. Makes them wonder what you're up to.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:46 AM   #79  
Give me strength

ha ha well I am orginally born and lived in NWT for 17 yrs before moving to Alberta. So we have it all covered.
Old 02-02-2006, 03:24 PM   #80  

da fat n da furious... I'd love to get an MP3 player or an IPOD too. I'm really enjoying my walks and think I'd go further with some tunes. My birthday isn't until Aug so maybe I'll have to ask for one for Mother's Day.
Old 02-02-2006, 04:06 PM   #81  
Onward and Downward

Yeah, Angie! Do you know anybody from Nuniuvik?
Old 02-02-2006, 08:13 PM   #82  
Give me strength

Linda I know someone from when I played sports and would have to travel all over the place and I stayed at this one family's home for weeks. Rankin Inlet.
But that was 20 yrs ago....

DragonTush...funny I was thinking the same thing that I would ask for one for Mother's day since my birthday isn't till Sept. Did I read that wrong that you have an instructor for walking? Where I live there are some fantastic walking paths and really want to make use of them. But I have to have a care with ice and such. Broke my foot back in June so Im still pretty tender.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:20 PM   #83  

Talking

No Angie...I dont' have an actual instructor..its a DVD and although it has a good workout....the person leading the "walk" is very annoying LOL. I'm pretty close to some fantastic pathways too but my hubby works long hours and I have small children that can't be left at home alone yet. I'd take them with me.......but way too slow going with them. A five yr. old and a three yr. old...they can't just walk. Have to stop and look at that leaf or grab that stick or "Oooooh look mommie.......what a cute puppyyyyy" and run away to pet it. I like to just walk...fast. Hence the workout walking DVD ....maybe I could ask for a nanny for Mother's Day too LOL.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:47 AM   #84  
Give me strength

I remember those days! And seriously I miss them. My boys are now 18 and 13 yrs old. My husband works long hours too,,,hardly see him.
Over a year ago I bought a CD pack from Costco, cardio music. Its ok,,,I had a friend once burn me a cd that was fantastic. Gonna go look for it.
Nice day today...sun is shining,,,doesn't seem all that cold. Not that its been all that cold.
Went to the movies last night,,,Movies are bad,,,there is popcorn there. I shared a huge bag of popcorn with my son,,,he ate the top part with the becal butter,,,and I ate the middle...which was dry,,,which when you think about it isn't all that great either,,,cause you have to wash it down. I had ice tea.
Well I should get myself out of the house,,,need to go and take a refresher course on computers.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:11 PM   #85  
I WILL Do This...

There are a lot of us Canadians here

I'm from Ontario...more specifically Whitby which is 30 minutes outside of Toronto.

I'm new here but not new to losing weight. My goal right now is to stay on plan for more than a week. I do great for a week, get a really good weigh in result and then fall apart the falling week. Why I have no idea but I need to do this and that's why I'm here.

Good luck everyone! Looking forward to getting to know everyone better as we all become smaller, healthier people.
Old 02-05-2006, 07:20 AM   #86  
Onward and Downward

A great big welcoming for you, Tiggs. I think we've all been along that road from time to time. When it happens to me it's usually one of two things -- a celebration ( hey, I did so well, I really don't have to try so hard) or disbelieve (hey, I couldn't possibly have done that well and I can prove it, see). Just pick yourself up and get back on the horse, kiddo. The only real failure is giving up altogether.

A great big good morning for everyone else. Hope your weekend is going well. Mine is at least a good strong mediocre and holding. It's about 7 degrees and drizzling. It was warm yesterday, too, so all the snow we got earlier in the week is just about gone again. This strange winter just keeps getting stranger.

See you later, gang. Keep on chugging along.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:43 AM   #87  
stbakd

hi all. it's snow and raining here. i'm going to a party today. the best way to avoid eating too much is eat a snack before going. glen
Old 02-07-2006, 10:04 AM   #88  
Give me strength

Good morning all what a beautiful morning here,,,I have to get up horribly early each Tuesday to drive my son to band practise...its harsh for a night owl like me to be up but I have to appreciate the beauty of the sunrise.

Anyone try those 33% less sugar instant oatmeals? Man Im addicted.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:47 AM   #89  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by da fat n da furious
Anyone try those 33% less sugar instant oatmeals? Man Im addicted.
You should try just old fashion oatmeal without the sugar and add Splenda or a touch of honey... I love my oatmeal mixed with soy milk, eggwhites and raisins with Splenda and vanilla, YUMMY ...
Old 02-07-2006, 12:12 PM   #90  
Onward and Downward

Nova Scotia checking in . . . another nice day here and all is fairly right with the world.

Hey, Da ... Furious I didn't even know they were making a reduced sugar instant oatmeal! On the other hand, I haven't been looking for one. I'm more in sync with Ilene. I think regular oatmeal is "instant" enough. Here's my favourite breakfast combo ---

1 part regular rolled oats; 1 part mixed grain cereal (Red River); 1 part oat bran; 1 part dried fruit (raisins, prunes, apricots, or combination of just about anything you like)

Premix a big batch when you've got some time and keep it in a covered container. In the morning mix about 1/2 cup with about 3/4 to 1 cup of water, microwave for 3 to 4 minutes, add a little skim milk and enjoy. If you'd like it a little sweeter, add some Splenda and a touch of cinnamon.

See you later, gang. Have a great day.
Closed Thread