Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 09:09 PM   #151  

Default Hello from NewBrunswick

Hello Everyone!
I just realized that this thread is turning into a great Canadian Support system!! I thought I'd drop in and say hello again as I'd like to become active with other fellow Canadians! I just posted this in the success forum, but I will recopy it here to give you a bit of insight into where I am right now on my journey! I am happy to meet you all.
Marie
GOOD THINGS COME IN THREE'S (My Post from the Sucess Forum)
I have had some major successes lately and thought it was about time that I took a minute to share. First of all, I started my journey in Sept at a high of 214.5 lbs. I am now 178lbs. as of Mid Feb. I attribute this to my goal of joining the military and having something truly concrete to work towards. I am truly motivated to meet my goal and it is SMART this time: Specific, Measureable, Attainable, Realistic and
Tangible Just this week, many things have happened to make me realize I am on my way to success. First I am into the 170's... something that hasn't happened for 13 years since I had my first son. Second, I went shopping for a formal dress to go to a Mess Dinner in at my husband's work, and lo and behold, I fit into a Normal size 16 and some 14's... also the smallest plus size in Penningtons are getting too big!!! I'll soon be out of the plus sizes I think! The surprises kept coming.... At work, so many people are stopping me and commenting on how skinny I am looking and how slim my face is!!! Last night at my husband's dinner, I felt pretty for the first time in about 13 years dressed up. A new friend I met last night kept telling me that I am BEAUTIFUL!!
She went up to my husband and commented that she "hopes he knows how lucky he is to have me as he sure has a "Cutey" in me!!!"
It felt surreal to be called beautiful, cute, fun........... All words that I have not heard for so long. In my fitness, I feel I am getting stronger every day and that I am on the downward slope now!!! My goal is beginning to seem within reach for the first time, I am believing that maybe I will be ready to realize my dream of a military career in the Near Future! I want to be off to Basic Training by September if I can. These signs of success have made me more determined to up the ante and work extra hard to reach my strength and fitness goals within the next few months. The only thing I am impatiently waiting on is my upper body strength catching on so I can do those perfect male pushups I need for my fitness test!! I think I realistically could make those in the next few months if I just keep trying to do pushups every day, keep up working on my weight loss to lose the last 25lbs, and keep the consistant running and strength training up!!! Needless to say, I am honing in my radar vision and I refuse to stop now! I AM DETERMINED TO BE A MEMBER OF THE CANADIAN ARMED FORCES THIS YEAR!!! Many thanks to everyone for all the support and awesome advice This board has been a life line more than once!!!
I come here often for inspiration...
Your's in Health...
Marie
Old 02-19-2006, 12:37 AM   #152  

Welcome Trixie and Marie. Glad you're here.

Marie, congrats on your successes. It's great to hear of other's successes as it motivates us. You're an inspiration.

I slept for three hours today. I was exhausted and needed it. I'm feeling quite a bit better this evening, thank heaven. Not much happening here. We had salmon for supper tonight. Yummy. I've stayed below my point allowance today because I know I used extra points when we went out Thursday for supper so I'm compensating now. I also used less than my allotted points the three days before we went out. That way I can enjoy my meal out and be guilt free.

Tomorrow I plan to work on the re-write of my book. I'll eat below my allotted points again tomorrow. By Monday I'll be able to go back to regular points.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Old 02-19-2006, 08:35 AM   #153  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning everybody . . .

Wow, it is cold today. Walked down the driveway at 7 am to pick up this week's flyers and was chilled to the bone in under 2 minutes. The sun is trying to come out now and that would certainly help a little.

It's great to hear about all your victories both the the "scale" and the "non-scale" kind. Keep up the great work.

Have a great day. We'll see you soon.
Old 02-19-2006, 12:53 PM   #154  

Good Morning Everyone,

It's fairly mild here today but cloudy. Once I finish my posts here I'll be off to work on the re-write of my book. I plan to have a quiet day and stay OP. DH is working in our basement trying to get it finished.

Have a great day and eat healthy!
Old 02-19-2006, 02:26 PM   #155  
Learning To Fly...

S/C/G: 307/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Good morning everyone!

Thanks for the welcomes! The weather is pretty crappy here too, my bf actually didn't get into work on Friday b/c the roads were closed unfortunatly b/c we need the money, were saving up to move out from his parents house April or May 1. *Cant Wait* lol His parents drive me bonkers lol

Anyway I hope this weather clears up soon - In like a Lamb, Out Like A Lion...

I got one of those toning balls in my Special K cereal lol I personally don't see how a little ball can do much but I guess it is like using weights, maybe I will have to use it. I hope I get my Kathy Smith DVD's soon, I really want to try them out.

Well have a good week everyone!
Old 02-19-2006, 03:37 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

A few more of us and we can take over this site completly!! LOL!!! Hi! My name is Wendy and I'm from Winterpeg(Winnipeg)I see there is only 1 other from here and Susie Sunshine is pretty close!I'm glad to meet you all!

Weather here is pretty nice today,it's -11 so thats not to bad,huge improvement from the -45(with wind chill)we have been getting the past week.
I'm happy to find this thread!
W.
Old 02-19-2006, 05:12 PM   #157  
Something's gotta work

S/C/G: 246/244/160

Despite nearly being blown to Oz, we headed out yesterday to my bf's grand parents out near Salisbury. It was mostly open land, so the wind was vicious. Though I kind of think of it as a mini face lift because the wind was so cold it blew everything back and up and stayed put
Old 02-19-2006, 08:56 PM   #158  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

christina dawn that is funny,,,mini face lift. thinking you are a very positive person if you can find something good in cold weather.
The weather was great today, had to wash my dirty vehicle...

Was eating really clean till about 8 pm last night when we had the whole family order in chinese food. After reading my WW book I am hanging my head in shame. I ate probably the whole days points plus my flex points. Not good.

I am having surgery on Wed. Not looking forward to it, but know its my only option. I haven't done any emotional eating, other then last week when it was TOM and I will naw my arm off if I could.

Im hoping I will hav etime to come back before I go in, if not I hopefully will be up and around some time next week.
till then, have a great week...
Old 02-19-2006, 09:38 PM   #159  
Something's gotta work

lol, well, on a normal basis, I try my best to be positive. I did a dance of joy with my two pound loss. Then I remembered that TOM just left, but it's still something in a week, so I'll take it for that.
And in Moncton, you've got to have some kind of thought on the weather that doesn't include wanting to strangle Mother Nature
Good luck on your surgery. And don't worry about the chineese food. After spending a couple of times in the hospital a few New Year's Eves ago, while on WW, I lost a few pounds of water and didn't have to worry about the spread I dug into the night before!
Old 02-20-2006, 02:22 AM   #160  

Hello everyone.

I've had a busy day today. My son had an early birthday party this afternoon. He will turn six on Tuesday. I kept to my plan pretty good, only had the grilled chicken and a side salad for supper at McDonalds and no cake at all.

We are all finally feeling better around here which means I get to go back to my exercises. I can't wait. Tomorrow, somehow, I am going for a long invigorating walk. I want to get 21 days of drinking all my water and exercising in. I get to start all over again on my counting. Yippee *** LOL. NOT. Oh well I can do this. Almost halfway to my first big goal. I hope I can still do it. If not well, I tried....and a loss is a loss no matter how much I lose...right?

I want to see a 2lb loss on Wed. I thinkI can still do that...we'll see.

Have a great day all and happy losing!
Old 02-20-2006, 08:15 AM   #161  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning from Nova Scotia . . .

The sun is shining again . . . covering up how cold it is. It is supposed to be warming up a bit today so I guess that is something to look forward to, except that then we may get some snow and its been so intermittent this year I'm now sure we know how to cope with it anymore.

Trixie . . . Wow, maybe they expect you to eat the ball? Definitely low-cal? And extremely filling? BTW, the Lion/Lamb thing is for March.

Hi there, Wide-in. Welcome to our little group We'll be looking forward to getting to know you better. I've been to Winterpeg, Manisnowba in the winter-time. One of those quick little business trips that are not a lot of fun in the best of weather and, guess what, it was snowing when we got there and it was still snowing when we left again.

Thanks Christina. I always knew there was a reason we all lived in this country. . . besides being born here, I mean. Now I know . . . it's the promise of free cosmetic surgery.

Angie, I will definitely keep my fingers (and toes) crossed for you to have a good surgery result. This is definitely not the time for you to be fretting over a little chinese food. We all know that it packs on water weight and that will go again quickly.

Good luck for Wednesday, Dragon, but no matter what that one day may bring, remember that you have the right attitude for the longer haul. Go girl

Have a great day, everybody. Keep smiling and moving (just like carrot-boy, here).
Old 02-20-2006, 09:13 AM   #162  

Good Monday morning.

Warm here today but supposed to get some snow flurries later. DH has gone to work so I'm on my own. I'll be spending most of the day with my ankle up again. If I'm up for long the darn thing swells and the cast gets tight. Will make an appointment for later this week to get a walking cast on. Hoping to have a visit with a pal later today.

Stayed on points over the weekend so I'm glad about that. Plan to stay OP again today too.

Hope everyone has a great day
Old 02-20-2006, 11:33 AM   #163  

S/C/G: 245/130/125

Smile

Hi all

Jeni - I look forward to hearing more about you. Lol about bf's parents. I know exactly how you feel.

Marie - Congrats on all your successKeep up the great work

Maggie - Good job keeping on track. Sorry to hear about your ankle. Btw we were born on the same day!!!

Wendy -

My first week of a new healthy lifestyle is over and I am proud to report that I am down 7lbs.

Good luck to all of you and have a great day.
Old 02-20-2006, 12:09 PM   #164  
Ilene the Bean

Hello Canuck Ladies

Wow, a whole bunch of Canadian newbies, I LUVS that ... Welcome all!!

es - angel -- :congrats: on the first week weight loss, you're well on your way...

Today I ran 7.64k, it was nice about -6C and not too much wind... Food is spot on too ....
Old 02-20-2006, 05:57 PM   #165  
Something's gotta work

ugh, what a long boring day at work. Not much to do in my new job, so every chance I got, I was up and walking, out of the building for a walk. I bought a bag of easter Eggies. Now I know how bad those are for me, but I love having a bit of a treat in the afternoon. So I'm giving myself ten eggies as long as I've spent my breaks going out for a walk.
Speaking of walk, it's a great night, but my walking buddie has called it off for tonight. Normally I'd take the time to just veg or read, but new thought, I'm going to....*gasp*.... do sit ups. Maybe not many. Maybe not quickly. But dang it, my goal is 25 for each night that I'm not out for my walk.
P.S. When is that early spring supposed to kick in? Dang groundhog.
Closed Thread