Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-01-2006, 10:12 PM   #1  
Losing for Life!

Default Losing for April Fools! Wk 2, Jan 2,2006

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Losing for April Fools
Challenge Group!

We are a group of determined people who have set a goal to reach within the next 89 days (13 weeks).

Everyone is welcome to join in at anytime during the challenge. All you need to do is set a goal for yourself. It can be weight loss, exercise, or maintenance; whatever it is you need support and motivation for.

We are all here working hard to stay strong and motivated and supporting each other is the best way to do this. Come as often as you can, post as much as you can and make 2006 the year of health and happiness for you!

We will post a new thread each Monday.

It is a documented fact that people who set goals are the most successful. Goals give you long-term vision and short-term motivation. By setting sharp, clearly defined goals, you can measure and take pride in the achievement of those goals. You can see forward progress in what might previously have seemed a long pointless grind. By setting goals, you will also raise your self-confidence, as you recognize your ability and competence in achieving the goals that you have set.
(From Mind tools)

"Set your goals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.” Anonymous
Sheri~C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 10:34 PM   #2  
Losing for Life!

I am getting nervous about my weigh in on Tuesday, I know I have been on track and have not gone over my points but I have used a fair number on sugar and chip treats and they usually cause me some grief, oh well I guess it is the cost of the holidays...

Sonja: I am sure you will be one of the most fit recruits the force has ever seen! You are so strong and such great motivation!

dgpebbles: That sounds really good, even without cravings.

Malliorj: Welcome, another motivated goal getter! Let’s go!

Lookin for lean: 25 is a reasonable goal, 40 would be a major challenge. I know we can handle 1-2 pounds per week. Keep posting!

Sweet_Pea: You are doing great with the water, and ½ ounce of chocolate here and there is o.k. I like to set aside a day for my favorite treat each week. One week it is popcorn with butter, the next week I will have chocolate, the next Yorkshire pudding. I have found this to work really well at keeping the cravings away, if I know I can have the chocolate next week I don’t mind waiting.

Leigh: Are you getting enough food? Often we undereat and don’t get the right mix of carbs, protein and veggies and don’t forget the fat, we all need good fats to feel satiated and satisfied. What all do you eat in a day?

Amy: You are going to be a workout queen in no time and great job at the Outback all that grilled meat just has me salivating!

Im A Loser: That is great, we will do our best to help you reach your goal, post often and you will stay on track!

Tipsygypsy: Wonderful! 20 pounds is a great goal and reachable, I know if I put too much pressure on myself I get kinda itchy and want to do naughty things!
Sheri~C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 10:43 PM   #3  
Winning is losing

Thank-you Sheri for organizing this challenge

I'm excited to be a part of this challenge. People often say the last 25 or so pounds are the hardest to shed. I hope this isn't true although I know this time (I've lost before and gained it all back) I'm committed to doing this no matter how long it takes. I would love to be at my goal of 125 by the end of March but I think that's pushing myself too hard.

I have a wedding to go to on my ex-husbands side of the family. (strange situation) My nephew by my first marriage is getting married and I am invited. I'm so happy he invited me. I haven't seen "that side of the family" in about 8 years. The last time I saw most of them I was about 235 lbs. If I get to 130 by then I will strut my stuff and show my new self off -- because I can !!

Seriously though..I'm losing weight for me and no one else. I can't believe how much better I feel already. It's incredible. Now if I could just have a tummy tuck, liposuction, boob job and a butt raise I'll be all set. LOL - just kidding. I'm beautiful the way I am and my hubby doesn't mind the new me either ::wink wink::
Im A Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 10:58 PM   #4  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

Post my day of eating

Work day meals
B- cereal with whole milk
L-ckicken sandwich with white bread
S- what ever i cook

Today meals
B- small bowl of grits with chease
one sauage patty
L- turkey Black eyes peas
corn on the cobb
S- turkey with bread one slice

Snack- ham (was down so I eat some)

I only eat one servien of each....I at one time did not eat but one meal a day but now I make sure I eat three meals a day....

Is there something more I need to do?
I dont have the money to do WW or some other plan so I have to do this on my own....Tell me what you think and let me know what more I need to do..

Thanks so much
Leigh
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 11:02 PM   #5  

hey all. i'm having a wee wine and will soon pop out for a walk before it rains

leigh - have you added up the calories? you may not be eating enough. it doesn't look much from your account. try going to fitday.com and recording your daily intake. i would suggest adding snacks even if it is just a piece of vege to keep your metabolism stoked. what time of the day do you exercise?
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 11:09 PM   #6  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

I am glad to be starting this challenge. I really have been pigging out the last couple of days. It is funny how I try to convince myself that it is okay but now I am sitting her with a serious tummyache. It wasn't even worth it. The way I feel right now, come tomorrow, I will seriously be limiting my caloric intake. I have probably eaten more in the last couple of days calorie wise than I normally eat in a week. Or at least that's how I feel. But I won't let it keep me down. Usually this is when I would say, "I messed up. I'll never be able to do this so I'll just forget about it." Uh-uh, not doing it this time. Time to get back on track and hope the scale says something nice to me next week.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 11:10 PM   #7  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

yea i do i get about 1500 to 1700 a day I am a picky eater so its hard for me to add just anything I will have to try to find something to throw in there....
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 11:25 PM   #8  
At 5:00

S/C/G: 207/195/120

Height: 5'3''

This challenge (my very first ) has me very motivated. I love the feeling of being motivated like this. I've had about a year long plateau at the spot I am at now, and with a boost, I'm ready to achieve my ultimate goal. . This week I lost 3 pounds. Which is very impressive for me. I'm proud and I can't wait to be at my goal! 15 for April Fool's; 25 for July. I think I can do it.

I've been exercising every day and eating my meals according to the DV% on the side of the containers. I've been staying within 50-75% instead of 100% and spacing out my meals nicely.

However, today my family requested I make my *famous* Fettucine Alfredo for dinner which is mostly fat. I used fat-free cream cheese, though. And that's a major step. I shall do well...
wednesdaymorning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 12:25 AM   #9  

lady - 1500-1700 calories should be ok if you do light exercise. maybe slightly more if you are doing vigorous exercise. have you been to your doc to check out any health conditions that could affect weight loss
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 12:45 AM   #10  

Default Happy New Year

Hi All,
Restating my goals (I just signed on with this challenge last night):

My goal is to lose 28 lbs. by April 1st.

I'm planning on keeping my calorie count between 1400 and 2000. I use fitday.com to track my food. It's really helpful to know exactly where the calories are coming from and whether I am having a healthy, balanced diet or just 1500 worth of buttered popcorn.

I'm planning to start exercising on a regular basis-yoga, water aerobics and weight training. I'm also doing 8 minutes in the morning ABs. I really do look like I'm pregnant and I feel so much better when I exercise my tummy muscles.

So far today, I've had lots of water and I'm not finished eating so I won't list my calories. I haven't had any sweets today, though.

I've done 30 minutes of calesthenics.

I'm really excited about having a concrete goal.

Thanks for setting this up, Sheri.

Roll

Last edited by rollmdl; 01-02-2006 at 02:59 AM.
rollmdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 01:49 AM   #11  
2006 Resolution~Drink H20

Talking

Hi all! Wonderful start to the new year: the thread sure is hoppin!

Leigh, I was wondering if you might try changing the type of exercise you do. If you walk, try aerobics (or vice versa), ect... Also, I don't know if you like milk or not, but you may want to add a daily glass of milk as well as increasing your water intake. Hope this helps... I was stuck on a plateau a few years ago and these "tricks" helped me. Unfortunately, I gained a large amount of my weight back so I get to do all these fun tricks again! ha!

See ya lighter,
I'm off to drink mo' water!

... Nona
Arizona Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 01:57 AM   #12  

I would love to join this challenge! I am new to 3fatchicks and started my journey to a healthier me last week. A visit to my doctor revealed that I was at my highest weight ever. I am taking the no sugar/no white flour approach, as these are the thing I crave the most. Have had a few days of killer headaches but I am feeling much better now.
Good luck to all!

Jeana
freckles-n-frills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 02:39 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 191/176/143

Well after starting this year off well.
I had a trip away today and no control over what I could eat.
I'm actually looking forward to going back to work next week and getting back into the normal routine.
It's Summer here and really hot so I need to change around my exercise routine to make sure that I get it done before the day gets too hot.
chaarli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 03:10 AM   #14  

Default End of Day Calorie Count

I ended up with a count of 1350 a little less than my lower limit but I checked my vitamin intake and general nutritional goals and I came out
okay so I think I'd better turn in before my "special thinking" kicks in and I'm raiding the refridgerator.

Thanks,

Roll

rollmdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 04:31 AM   #15  
1 Day, 1 Choice @ a time

Good morning all!
I'm hoppin' on the train too! Thanks sweetpea for the link and simplifying my life a tad.
My APRIL FOOL'S Goal will be to reach 210: That's a loss of 28 pounds. I piddled around in 2005, with the same 5-7 pounds and I am done with that.

Since we will be doing a weekly thread...I will post weekly goals......Thanks Sheri for the start up!..and to all of you here who will be the light for the way and a "support system" for one another! What a great group! I'm hanging out over at the Christian Encouragers too and I can say the same for them. Wonderful folks here at 3FC!! Woohoo!

My Goals for Jan 2-7:
Weight: shed 3 pounds=235
Food: NO PM binges
~~~~NO sugar
Exercise: 4 days this week on purpose:for 15 minutes or more
cardio glide/dance/video /walking/weights

Tracey! You are an inspiration! Eating out and choosing well is a victory!! Roll! we have the same goal! Twenty-eight pounds down!
Let's boogy ya'll! I'll go back and "meet" some more of you along the way.....I am glad to be here and blessed to be a part of this challenge!
Bren
Blondee51 is offline   Reply With Quote