3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   I did it again... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/71812-i-did-again.html)

Altari 01-05-2006 01:00 PM

I did it again...

I got into this 'position' by having some extremely unhealthy atitudes towards food in high school. Whether you want to call it anorexia or food OCD, it doesn't matter.

It seems trying to eat heathfully has brought back those tendencies, and I'm at a loss for what to do. I'm watching what I eat, trying to avoid extremely unhealthy foods and controlling portions, but the it's making me preoccupied with food. So much so, that last night I felt so hungry that I binged. I don't remember exactly what I ate, or how much of it I ate. At the end of it all, it was just me, a buttered piece of bread and an obscene sugar headache.

All I can do it start over, but I still want to crawl into bed and hide.

cinnamonspice 01-05-2006 01:51 PM

Altari,
Don't feel so bad, we all make mistakes and do things we wish we could take back. :hug: I would try to concentrate on what happened last night to cause those feelings. What happened that you felt you needed to binge?
Today is a new day, that's the good thing about life. You always can have a fresh start if you want one. The next time you are feeling bad get on here and read some of the ladies stories, or start posting. You can pm me anytime for a pep talk :high: If you need a buddy I'll be more than happy to be here for you, I'm sure we would help each other.

penpal 01-05-2006 02:12 PM

Hey, we've all been there :hug:. The important thing is for you to remember how far you've already come in your weight loss journey.

Unfortunately, those of us who are "addicted" to food need to be preoccupied with food - but in a good way. I don't know how many calories you are allowing yourself, but perhaps you are eating too few if you often feel hungry.

Keeping a food diary helps me feel in control of the food instead of the other way around. I've also just started keeping a daily journal so I can record my feelings and progress (or lack of!)

Just think of how good it feels to be in control and you can be back on track as soon as the next meal. You can do it!

JayEll 01-06-2006 01:12 PM

I haven't had any anorexia that I know of . . . so I can't comment on that. But I do know that if I cut calories too much during the day, I want to "act out with food" at night. And then I go too far the other direction. So it may help for you to make sure you have eaten enough during the day, and then not eat anything in the evening, say, after 7 pm. I like to have decaf or herbal tea in the evening if I feel munchie.

Jay

emerald dragonfly 01-06-2006 10:56 PM

Hey, we've all "fallen of the ship" more than one time. I personaly done it more times than I can remember.

Start over by drinking water, lots of it, go for walks, try not to have any "goodies" in your home, (that's the hard part) and stay motivated! :) Portion your meals and snacks..eat your veggies & fruits! *pointing finger at you and shaking it*

emerald dragonfly