Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-01-2006, 04:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 263/178/146

Height: 5' 4"

Default Help I Can't Stop Eating

I am addicted to food. I am single. I weigh 265 and have dieted every month and weigh the same as Jan 1 last year. My portions are too large even if they are low calorie. I am distracted to no end in the evening with wanting to eat. Does anyone else use food to fill some inner need like me?

How should I structure my meals? Eat one thing every hour
JORDEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 04:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

That's not such a bad idea. Lots of us eat something every couple of hours.
I had to clean my house out. The cookies are gone, the candy is gone. If I must eat, I must eat the good stuff that's left over.
Hang around and read lots Jordee, you'll find lots of sympatico folks and lots of help and good advice.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 06:10 PM   #3  
Whip It Good

Jordee - I have been a compulsive eater for years. like - all 39 of them apparently.

Look - here is what I have figured out: What does not work for me is a diet without structure. I need to eat at certain preplanned times... This is likely the biggest attraction of the 3hour diet (Jorge Cruise) to me - there is a forum here to learn more. I can not speak to the success ratio yet - but I can tell you that I feel more incontrol. I know when it is okay for me to eat next. 3 hours from the last time I ate. Easy. No anxiety - I know it is coming.

I have successfully done weight watchers in the past - but that was back when they had the exchange system. The Points system has never helped me. I suspect it is too flexible. Same problem with Dr. Phil's program and most of the others I have tried.

Anyway - You are so not alone. Many of us experience this same thing. Your additional challenge aprt from the one to actually physically lose the weight is to chage your relationship to food. You will need to reach out to others for the comfort and support now afforded to you from food. Oh - and a jounral is not a terrible idea either - I just bought a little notebook and journal my food choices there as well as emotions etc - plus I have a blog as well which I dare not post a link to as my language could offend the faint of heart.

In any event - you are off to a good start - you showed up... look into different options regarding a diet plan and then have at it!
DaisyBug08004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 10:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 263/178/146

Height: 5' 4"

Thanks ladies. Last night was terrible. I finally wound up eating 1/2 bag of popcorn and 2 peanut chew candies. If I am ever going to be successful I must keep in control. I am journaling too. I will get rid of all contraband today. I cannot be trusted with it in the house.
JORDEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 10:59 AM   #5  

Jordee... I am the same way... I have this guilt after I am done... Even if it wasn't THAT bad of a slip up. Like last ngiht.. We had pork and saurkraut. I had a small helping (probably a cup full including the pork) and I was satisfied... then a little later, I was hungry... I felt bad getting more saurkraut. I know the the portion I had wasn't going to hold me over until my next meal but that's all that I wanted at the time, thus I ate more.

At times, I will eat something and because it is good, I tend to overeat and I get full. Not actually giving myself time to "feel" full is my problem. I have never had a problem with will power until now... I just don't get it....
Deanna7272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 12:06 PM   #6  
Whip It Good

Eating more sauerkraut is not a problem. It is a veggie and a really good one - cabbage is the broom of the stomach - now had you gone back for more mashed taters - well - that would be different wouldn't it? LOL.

Don't beat yourself up over it. Just start again.
DaisyBug08004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 02:16 PM   #7  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

You need to figure out why your eating like this.
I did it many years because I was sad that I wasnt close with my mother, Bored and ate along with my characters on tv shows.
I just wanted to be accepted as I was and food never talks back.
And food was a form of comfort to me and also was a outlet as I would take comments and not speak my mind back about things that upset me.
Just emotionally no one there for me like the food was.
You need to figure out why you eat the way you do.
I had many reasons to turn to food. When I stopped and looked why I was turning to the food and actually looked at myself in the mirror completly naked and not a quick glance but really looked to see what that type of food was doing to my body I kind of woke up and exsperianced what can be called a awaking.
Looking at the rolls in the mirror really made me see what others see and what I didnt want to be around anymore.
Like so many others have said and I know its been said before. But eating right and moving more alot more is about as close as it comes to being what needs to be done to get where you want to get.
You can eat all the best foods in the book, but if your not moving and working out more its a waste.
It all comes back to you. Do you want it and how much are you willing to do to get it.
MorticiaAddams is offline   Reply With Quote