Stress Out Single Mom Wants to drop lbs!

• Hi,
    This site looks wonderful! Are there any other single moms that want to buddy up? I would love to lose 30lbs or so and 10-12 before Valentine's Day if that is possible ---- need all the support/ideas that are out there. When my boys are acting up, the first thing I reach for is several cookies! I have to get away from the emotional eating -- any ideas/success stories to movitate me?

Good luck to everyone!
  • Though I'm not a single mom (or even a married mom), I can help you out a bit with the cookie thing. Clean out your house. Rid it of everything that is "bad". Of course, you can have cookies and such in the house, but not a lot. Read around, learn about the best foods to have around and, no matter what, you'll always be reaching for something decent. You should do fine if you want to. Now you've got this site, and everyone here is very nice and will help you out a lot. Good luck! Oh, and it is possible to loose 10-12 pounds by Valentine's day. Just make sure you do it the healthy way. No starving yourself or things as such.
  • I am not single mom either, but I know about emotional eating. I used to reach for cookie or chocolate when my son gets sick or when I have argument with my husband... etc. Once, I realized I need to stop and lose some weight, then I actually stocked my fridge with carrot sticks, or celery... etc. Whenever I felt eating, I grabbed those veggies or piece of fruit. And I agree with wednesdaymorning that you can lose 10-12lbs by valentine's day!
  • If the cookies aren't there - you can't eat them. Get rid of them. It won't kill your boys to do without them either. Get them more interested in healthy snacks. They will be better off in the long run as well.
  • Single Mom
    I'm a single mom & completely understand the stress/emotional eating. I think having a buddy would help me tremendously. I understand about getting the junk food out of the house, but with kids (5 & 10) that's harder to do than before I had kids. Maybe we could email daily & try to help each other.