Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-27-2005, 12:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/185/140

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs down i need support ladies

i am only 19 years old and i weigh 180lbs. thats already after losing 10lbs. my husband and i took pictures of me in my bra and underwear so i could see what i really look like! OH NO! i didn't know it was THAT bad!!! so i have decided to do a low carb diet!! and maybe lose the weight fast! plus i am toning up with carmen electras strip tease videos! it's almost new years and i don't think i even want to leave my house. i'll probably just saty home with the kids and watch movies! i really need help! anyone got fast tips to lose weight

lindsey
lindsey_zamarripa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 01:10 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Lindsey, have you thought about the South Beach diet? It's "good carb", you can lose weight fairly quickly to start with, and it's a healthy way of eating.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=110
Good luck, girl!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 01:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

There's fast weight loss and then there's permanent weight loss - which one do you want?
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 02:10 PM   #4  
iwillmakeit

S/C/G: 205/173/110

Height: 5'4

Hang in there Lindsey. I know how you feel because I've been there. Here is what I think. Don't worry about losing it fast, just think about it losing it permanently. I think you should focus on eating healthier and add some exercises to your daily routine. I never tried low carb diet before so I don't really know how it works, or if its permanent loss or not... etc. Its all about calories in and out. So, I usually balance my calorie intake and calories burned through out the day, therefore I don't really restrict carbs... etc. Well, good luck to you, and I know you can do it.
tsots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 02:21 PM   #5  
Whip It Good

Lindsay - You need to have as your goal health and peace. You can not abuse your body with a crash diet and expect that to end well.

The South Beach Diet is definitely something you can look into - understand this - your body needs all the food groups - just not necessarily in the proportions we are all used to. As I understand it South Beach helps you learn to choose the kinds of good whole carbs that your body needs for energy and to feel satiated.

There is no easy fast solution. Ever. Anything worth having is worht working for. Be kind to yourself - remember - your body hears everything you think.

Hugs to you - and good luck...
DaisyBug08004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 03:16 PM   #6  

Height: 5'5"

Girl, you are braver than me, that's for sure. We're always so critical of ourselves that even at the weight I am now seeing a picture like that would bring me down.

I know you're probably anxious to get the weight off, but I'd use that motivation to make changes that I knew I could stick with long-term. Losing weight too fast can be a bad thing, too. It takes a lot of adjustment to learn new ways of eating and dealing with being thinner.

Go out and have fun on New Years! Look at that picture and notice the good things about it, the things that you like about yourself. It's a starting point, that's all. Don't let it effect how you live in the meantime.
JoyfulVegGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 03:29 PM   #7  

There is no easy fast solution. Ever. Anything worth having is worht working for. Be kind to yourself - remember - your body hears everything you think.

She is sooooo right about your body remembering all the thoughts that we have. It is so hard not to looking at ourselves and feel disapointment, frustration and despair when we are carring excess weight. But you will not always look like this 6 months from now. We are forever changing. Why not try to look at this from a whole health perspective of wanting to improve not only weight but cardiovasular, cholestrol and a whole long list of health problems associated with being overweight. Try to imagine a whole new you that has more energy, more self esteem, courage to be a guiding light for others that are unsure to take those first brave steps at weight loss. The power to change is already inside of you, are you ready to unleash it???
yogachick30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 11:29 PM   #8  

Oh, there is no such thing as "losing weight fast." Well, there is if you want to feel sick and have health issues down the road.
Trust everyone here. We've been there, done that; you name a diet, someone's done it at least once.
Honey, time and patience, motivation & inspiration are the key to success. Always remember you're not alone and we are here for you.

emerald dragonfly
emerald dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 11:45 PM   #9  
iwillmakeit

S/C/G: 205/173/110

Height: 5'4

Girl, just go out and have fun on the new years. Just think of it is celebration of a new start, and new you!!! You can do it, just think positive.
tsots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 08:36 AM   #10  

I will join you in support lindsey - I just registered today - and need the help with support also!
I am going to take one day at a time.

Dee
Dee2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 08:46 AM   #11  
willysgirl

Default Support here too

They are all right! take it from someone who knows. I have tried all the diets and drugs to lose weight and now I am paying for it dearly. I have MS and other health problems and it is due to the way I have treated my body for the last 40 years. So dont be so hard on your self and realize that it didnt get like this over night and it wont get different over night. One day at a time. And sometimes you can just do one minute at a time. Put it in God's hands and he will help you too. I am at 238 and want to go to 145 but I know that with my health the way it is it will take me quite a while to get there. I just want to be able to enjoy my grandchildren for a long time.
willysgirljan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 10:07 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 247/230/140

Height: 5'1"

Hi, Lindsey! Don't postpone enjoying life "until I lose ___ pounds"! Been-there-done-that-burned-the-T-shirt!

Losing weight is a wonderful gift to give myself, but life has so many other gifts for me during the weight-loss process, and I don't want to miss a single one! You'd better believe I'm out there grabbing all the fun I can!

Also, losing weight is darned hard work. Rather than beat ourselves up because we're overweight, it makes more sense to reward ourselves (in non-food ways) for all the effort we're making.

Take care!
cynnymynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 01:01 PM   #13  

Hey Girls! I too am 19 years old married with a wegith problem! (180lbs)! Ever since I got married 15 months ago I agained 40lbs and seems not able to lose weight at all! I just sign up today but I am trying to worried about it one day at a time! I too tried pills and lost couple of lbs and went right back to what I was on the scale! My main problem is to eat as habit, and not because I am hungry! With hubby working 70hrs weekly and me going to school and working full time its hard not to just come home and eat anything that I find on the fridge!

Lets just try to think positive, work out 60 mins daily and eat healthy!!!

We'll get there Lindsey!!!
Rebeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 01:04 PM   #14  

Oh... THe worst thing you can do is to stay at home and be depressed... then you will eat because you are bored! Get out of the house, have a good time, go dancing or for a movie (skip the popcorn, its too expensive anyways!)!!!
The more you get out there the more energized you will fell to lose the weight!
Rebeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 03:19 PM   #15  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

Yup fast will not cut it like the girls have said.
To trully see yourself in a pic or to really look in the mirror is a eye opener.
To many of us glance at the mirror and think , I look presentable and move on with our day.
You will need to make many changes in your lifestyle to lose the weight, and keep it off.
Change in the foods that you keep in your home and the foods you allow yourself to eat while out at a resturant. Also the amount of exersise you do each and every week for the rest of your life. Food never changes in the content we only change by how much of it we eat.
Get the fast out of your mind first because we would all love to lose it fast I can tell you that.
You can do it you can make changes and be where you want to be. The main thing is to be realistic with yourself.
MorticiaAddams is offline   Reply With Quote