Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-27-2005, 01:40 PM   #1  

Height: 5"4

Angry I made the nurse weigh me twice!!!!

Hello everyone, this is my first post here. I started trying to lose weight 2 days ago. What made me decide I had to do this is a regular visit to my doctor. That little skinny nurse told me I weighed 260. I told her there had to be a mistake. Guess what? No mistake

I have gained about 50 pounds within 2 years. When I got married 10 years ago I weighed 130. *sigh* I am so unhappy. Sorry to ramble everyone. Just wanted to say hello and "I'm here!)
cinnamonspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 01:50 PM   #2  
Whip It Good

Hugs to you CinnamonSpice... what a slap in the face, eh? I know how you feel. In my wildest imagination I didn't dare believe I would ever weigh over 200 lbs - And yet - here I am.

I am new too as you can see by my post count... Maybe we can keep track of each other along the way. Hang in there and just keep your chin up... Mistakes WILL be made - count on it... and when it happens just shrug it off. The worst thing you can do is be too hard on yourself. Learn from it and carry on soldier!

Take care!
DaisyBug08004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 02:24 PM   #3  

Welcome! I started at 260, too; boy, that's hard to believe we got that high, isn't it?! You are in the right place, though, hon. It's hard work but you will find lots of support here and so many people who know exactly what you're going through and feeling. Look forward to seeing you on the boards!

Ann
annk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 02:28 PM   #4  

Oh yes, that happened to me. The guy at the gym (who has been exercising since the day he was conceived) weighed me 12 months ago and I was 262lbs. Holey moley!!!

But nearly a year on and I'm 207 now.

But as wise gym guy said to me when I nearly broke down in tears, it's just a number, and as time goes on that number will change........it's just temporary.

Keep in touch, let us know how you get on, and holler if you need anything!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 02:40 PM   #5  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Oh, I have been there. I feel your pain. But you just keep doing what you're doing and that number won't be there for long.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 02:45 PM   #6  

Height: 5"4

Thank you all so much. It is so nice to hear encouraging words for a change. It has been rough lately. My supervisor at work (who told me she weighs a whopping 105) would constantly tease me about my weight. Thank God I've moved on in the company and don't work with her anymore! It's just so hard to know that I got myself into this shape. I get so mad at myself. But, I am trying to look on the bright side and look ahead at how proud I will be when I get myself out of this spot too.

I've been reading all day the success stories here for motivation. You guys and gals should be so proud of yourselves. Hopefully one day I can post on that board
cinnamonspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 03:03 PM   #7  
charliekay

S/C/G: 260/246/199

hi, i am brand new here, i feel the same way.i used to weigh 130 pounds now i am 260.its unbelivable! i need help!
charliekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 03:37 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 200/175/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliekay
hi, i am brand new here, i feel the same way.i used to weigh 130 pounds now i am 260.its unbelivable! i need help!

Joining here was a step in the right direction. We can sweat and laugh ourselves skinny.
BeatlesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 03:45 PM   #9  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

I started around 260 too, I couldn't believe the number when I got back on the scale after a year or two off. I imagined I was about 50 lbs lighter. I know that feeling of shock oh too well.

Just take it one week (and day!) at a time. I'm glad you found this place, I've found it really useful.
Tani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 03:51 PM   #10  

Tani - How did you lose your weight? I was looking at your fitness joyrnal - you look great.....way to go!

cinnamonspice - Welcome, your starting at a good place......I stated at 216 and right now (post-op) am not really sure becuz haven't weighed since mid December but maybe 170.......I guess there isn't really a bad place to start....

Hugs...
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 03:59 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamonspice
Hello everyone, this is my first post here. I started trying to lose weight 2 days ago. What made me decide I had to do this is a regular visit to my doctor. That little skinny nurse told me I weighed 260. I told her there had to be a mistake. Guess what? No mistake

I have gained about 50 pounds within 2 years. When I got married 10 years ago I weighed 130. *sigh* I am so unhappy. Sorry to ramble everyone. Just wanted to say hello and "I'm here!)
It's a good thing that this "trigger" happened. My trigger - sitting down in a public bathroom stall and cutting the outside of my thigh on a metal trash receptacle. I bled and I cried and cried that I was "too fat" for a normal public bathroom stall.

I let those feelings motivate me. I started that day and haven't stopped since. Good luck to you!

Last edited by Glory87; 12-27-2005 at 04:43 PM.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 06:07 PM   #12  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

Star: just calorie counting and lots of exercise

Glory: Ouch! that makes my encounter with the scale seem far less traumatic. I can definitely relate to the restroom size issue, though. I'm amazed at how roomy stalls seem now.
Tani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 11:03 PM   #13  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

I had the exact same thing happen. I had gained 100 pounds with my first pregnancy (putting me at 280). I left the hospital at 260. Between then and my second pregnancy, I dropped to 220, and stayed there. When I got pregnant for a third time, the nurse weighed me and said 'Oh, we've been cheating on our diet?' I was back up at 250, and had no idea how I got there! My clothes still fit the same and I thought I had been doing better...

We just gotta stick to it. I'm determined to see the other side of 200 by my daughter's 4th birthday in July.
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 11:12 PM   #14  

Cinnamonspice: I feel your pain. I don't know how it happens, but that weight really does sneak up on us if we're not careful. I gained most of my weight while I was pregnant and, darn those elastic maternity pants, I thought it was "baby weight" and not fat. It wasn't until I left the hospital at 242 that I realized it was fat and that I had done it to myself. I beat myself up about it for a while too but that really didn't do a whole lot of good. It's hard to motivate yourself to exercise and eat right when you are beating yourself into a depressed funk. I just had to let the guilt and anger at getting myself into such terrible shape go and start with a clean slate. I still slip up, but whenever I do I find myself here at the forum reading other people's stories for motivation. This is a fabulous place to be - you are moving in the right direction, I promise!
AnVy1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 11:45 PM   #15  

I remember one time, a nurse weighed me but she didn't wait until the scale stopped moving so she weighed me heavier. Thank God I had to come back the next day to do a blood fasting. I weighed myself in front of my doctor and I weighed 6 pounds lighter. I told her what the nurse did the day before. She says she'll have to talk to her about it. LOL!!

Now They got those new scales that you just step on and it weighs you exactly. Like 150.8 I like these scales better than the old "sliding" ones!

emerald dragonfly
emerald dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote