Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-21-2005, 02:52 PM   #1  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

Default Why don't we all pick ONE goal for Christmas Day?

I thought with all the negative food stuff this time of year, maybe we could focus on the positive and each make just ONE goal for Christmas Day -- something we can stick to that will make us all feel good about being marginally OP for that day.

Here's mine:

I will only eat TWO Yorkshire Puddings at Christmas dinner. That may sound like a lot, but I usually have at least four .
LovesBassets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 02:58 PM   #2  
Egy Kis Lany

Great idea!

My goal: to STOP EATING WHEN I AM FULL and, if things are going wonderfully for me, to EAT ONLY WHEN I'M HUNGRY!

(Also, I always get a little confused when people use acronyms here... FIL DH OP... Yikes! I've read that OP = "off plan," but I've seen other people using it as "on plan!" What a mess! Not a complaint, really, but I read this whole post wrong at first and had to go back and chuckle...)
PhysDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 03:04 PM   #3  

mine is to work out before christmas eve and christmas Day....no matter what I will get in a workout
angelshine90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 03:13 PM   #4  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysDom
(Also, I always get a little confused when people use acronyms here... FIL DH OP... Yikes! I've read that OP = "off plan," but I've seen other people using it as "on plan!" What a mess! Not a complaint, really, but I read this whole post wrong at first and had to go back and chuckle...)
hee hee...knowing me, I used it wrong and it really DOES mean "off plan." What I meant was, one goal may help us stay marginally "on plan," but I guess you figured that out.

A side note...my Mom seems to think "LOL" means "lots of love." She signs her e-mails "LOL, Mom."
LovesBassets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 03:32 PM   #5  
Egy Kis Lany

*lol*
Too funny.
PhysDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 03:58 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 194/175.2/140

Height: 5'2"

My goal- to not overeat and not completely stress over how many cals I'm eating.
josie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 04:01 PM   #7  
Cynical RedHead

That is a great idea Kate!

Hmm, can my goal to be to eat ALL of the homemade fudge without sharing any? Probably not - let's think of a healthier goal.

Okay - my goal will really be to not nibbly-snack all day. If I want to eat something, sit down and eat properly.
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 04:13 PM   #8  
Half Dome Hike 2006!

I think I'm adding to the trend: to not eat past the full point.

Or....as my sisters and I say...not to become a "beached whale". We have a LOT of beached whale males lying around the living room after holiday meals while the women (sleek seals? well, not all of us) clean up.
NowOrNever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 04:18 PM   #9  
LLV

My goal is the same I had at Thanksgiving - to enjoy myself and not worry about it.

Hey, that's a good goal too, right?!?!
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 04:52 PM   #10  
Half Dome Hike 2006!

That *is* LLV. I guess that's the way I'm thinking too. I mean, I'll go home and write down what I ate, but I'm not counting calories for the day. My main thing is that I *do* want to avoid that horrible stuffed feeling. I'm actually going to a friends' house and bless her heart (not that she knows), but her menu includes several items that I'm rather ho-hum about as far as liking them. In the past, I'd have probably had some of each thing "just because" but this year, I'll pass on the things I don't REALLY like, and concentrate on enjoying the foods that I love--with some sense of decorum about the whole affair
NowOrNever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 05:16 PM   #11  

You crack me up, Kate! My Dad still insists on typing e-mails in ALL CAPS even though I have told him this is the e-mail equivalent of yelling!

Hmmmm, my pre-Christmas goal was to not eat all the goodies piling up in our office and I have done remarkably well on that one; I just ate two of the cookies I brought in (but only once!). On Christmas, I think I will let myself eat what I want but I am going to try to take two walks. We always have a family walk on the holidays. Our Boston terrier, Max, is not exactly the outdoorsy type and prefers to stay inside on someone's lap but I'm putting on his Christmas sweater and taking him with me!

Good luck to everyone!

Ann
annk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 05:53 PM   #12  
dgpebbles

hey ladies

being this is my first week of starting to diet...my goal for this week is to stick to my goal of no sugars and drink more water...and for xmas day my goal is to keep my plate size small...It never fails on holidays we always eat to much and then we are stuff and dont want to move...I can already tell that my energy is coming back some and i'm only on day 3

Donna
dgpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 05:59 PM   #13  
Sick of Fat

S/C/G: 240/183/150

hmm... I think I'll probably go with the majority and stop eating when I'm full! Usually I'm like OH MAN its so good.. I want more! haha Oh and I will definately drink loads of water while I enjoy myself!!
sabriena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 06:01 PM   #14  

My goal is to not let the social anxiety and stress of being around my family cause me to eat uncontrollably or mindlessly. Each food I put into my mouth, like every other day, will be a conscious choice - and I will enjoy every bite!
Hibiscus8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 06:21 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibiscus8
My goal is to not let the social anxiety and stress of being around my family cause me to eat uncontrollably or mindlessly. Each food I put into my mouth, like every other day, will be a conscious choice - and I will enjoy every bite!
DITTO!!! I am not looking forward to family stress and just want to remain mindful!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote