Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-19-2005, 03:44 PM   #1  
plucky clucky

S/C/G: 228/228/130 or less

Height: 5" 5'

Default blah

I will warn you all now this is going to ramble a tiny bit.
Ok I know I am doing great just to be getting up and walking and eating better and all but am I doing enough? I kind of shot myself in the foot on this whole thing because I found a book in the library and read it and now I am second-guessing myself and what I know to work for me. Anyone else ever do that? Well anyway I walk between 3 and 4 miles in 60 - 70 minutes on treadmill about 5 times a week (working on walking every day), have just started doing a Richard Simmons Tone and Sweat tape I enjoy doing, but I wonder if the tape is enough (it is supposed to have resistance bands with it but I use 5 pound weights instead), and I try to keep my calories between 1200 and 1500 a day. I feel like I am not doing enough of something (don’t ask me what, I have no idea what else to do) or should be losing faster or better or anything. I guess I am just hitting a tough spot and need a little encouragement from people going through this instead of my hubby who can literally eat a 2 gallon tub of dutch chocolate ice cream and lose 5 pounds
trying to “help“ me with it !!! GGGGRRRRRRR. (Sorry, had to rant about that for a second)
On one hand I am proud to say I make myself get on treadmill every day and even when I “binge” it isn’t for as much or as long cause I know I am going to have to write it down on my food journal, but on the other hand I just feel like nothing I am doing is making any difference so why bother. Oh well I guess I am just blah about everything but will keep plodding along.
I am not sure if I need a hug or a kick in the butt LOL Maybe meds being upped will get me out of this slump (I would ask if anyone else has a thyroid problem but I have lurked enough to know the answer to that ) Well I guess I have babbled for enough on here, should not even post this but I am going to anyway.
Bravelilchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 04:20 PM   #2  

You need a hug. You are doing all the right things. I know how you feel, I work real hard for a couple of days and if I don't lose a pound I get REEEAAALLL discouraged and binge. I am 1) going to weigh myself monthly instead of daily/weekly, and 2) exersize every day. The exersize seems to motivate me to eat better.
What works is consistency, so keep doing what you are doing.
chrmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 04:27 PM   #3  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

Yeah, I think you just need to be proud of yourself for what you are already doing. Remember, this should be a lifestyle change not a diet. You should be ready to put in this effort every day for the rest of your life, and appreciate just being healthier for it. The weight loss will come when your body is ready, and until then you just have to start looking at these things like part of your normal routine, and not extra chores for quicker results. Cheer up though, looks like you are doing great!
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 04:30 PM   #4  

You are doing GREAT!
the only thing i can suggest is this...
I have walked 5-6 times a week for the last 18 months! (4-5 miles)
at first i lost weight, then i slowed down.... then i started regaining....( i was not dieting at all!)
I think the body gets very good at adapting to what you do
but i wouldn't let that discourage you! maybe i would add something a little different every now and then! shake things up a little.
One day of the week get a little jog going on the treadmill ( maybe jog 1 minute and walk 5 min... and repeat!) enough just to get you out of the comfort zone! (when i started this, the jog was only barely faster that my walk)

You are doing wonderfully, just by keeping on going, and wanting to keep it going! even though you may not notice weight loss, your fitness and your health will be thanking you!!!!!!!!
Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
icedragon6669 is offline   Reply With Quote