Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-04-2005, 01:57 PM   #1  
Jennifer

Default Going backwards

Hello everyone! I started my "new lifestyle" Oct. 15. I have been doing really well losing at least 2 lbs a week. Well, the last 2 weeks I have lost anything and have actually gained 2 lbs. I know it is my fault. I have been on leave from work and have been "grazing" more than I should. What do you all do to "get back on track"? Well, good luck to all of you!
AlaskaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 02:10 PM   #2  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

Hi .

Honestly? I just do it.

Seriously. When I screw up, I don't spend much time thinking about it because I know if I worry about it too much, it could lead to being discourgaged. And being discouraged could lead to giving up. So the cake, candy, chips, and ice cream I had over my birthday weekend in August? Monday morning "it never happened." Done. It's the only way I can keep on truckin' along, lead a "normal" life, and maintain my sanity.
LovesBassets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 02:24 PM   #3  

I wholeheartedly agree with Kate. I know some people feel better if they some how make up for it - more exercise, a few less calories the next day, etc. I don't even do that. It is easier for me to just accept that I made poor choices and start exactly where I left off. I take responsibility for my actions and then cut my losses. It is a done deal and I'm right back on plan.
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 03:49 PM   #4  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

Yeah same thing here I cant dwell on it otherwise I end up making myself feel even more misrable and then I will start talking myself into just giving in and heading over to a pizza place.
I think you know what you gave in and you had some bad stuff. Well its over with and this is a new meal or this is a new day and I cant change or think about what was. I can only do what I can now, and thats not give in to something I know I dont need and thats going to keep on making me feel even worse.
The key is to not to talk yourself into another situation but to talk yourself out of it. I mean 99% of the time we are the ones talking ourself in and out of things. So when the bad side wants to come out you simply talk it back and and tell it to take a hike you are in control now and thats the way its going to stay.
MorticiaAddams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 05:36 PM   #5  

I'm just barely coming out of 2 months of backwards steps. I'm trying to learn to "just let it go". They say to plan for back steps because they happen no matter what. Its our job to get passed it and get back on the horse. No pitty parties, no tears, no feeling like a failure. Its a LOT easier said then done. I'm battling this demon myself. Just look the the future and try not to glance at the back window.
numb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 02:14 PM   #6  
Jennifer

Thanks so much for the words of encouragement. I will take all of your advice and just let it go!!! I did good yesterday. So I am on my way. Thanks again.
AlaskaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 02:55 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 269/243/145

I hate to admit, but when I first started reading posts I didn't understand how someone could be doing so well, then slip up and put the weight, or part of it, back on. I mean if you work so hard why would you let it happen. Then I slipped up. It is alot easier than I thought. Well needless to say I felt bad and just couldn't get back on track. But hey, I pulled myself out of my self induced muck and I am back at it, I just have to reloose 8 pounds. I don't try to pretend that it didn't happen, that won't work for me, I just have to accept that I screwed up, I can't change it so I need to move on and work extra hard to keep it from happening again.
Good luck and I really hope things work for you again.
Jen
gingerjen is offline   Reply With Quote