3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Hi Im New (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/69305-hi-im-new.html)

ms_dreamy 11-29-2005 10:58 AM

Hi Im New

i wasnt sure where to post but i want to introduce myself.
im a singel mom 39 years old and i really want to lose weight
but i need help and i havent found it yet. and i was hoping to
help someone else too.

annk 11-29-2005 11:53 AM

Welcome!

:) Welcome to 3FC! This is a great site for sharing your struggles, ideas and successes. I'm fairly new, too, but you will find that many of the ladies here are experts on what does and doesn't work for losing weight and will give you tons of great tips and encouragement! Post often and visit often; reading other people's experiences and sharing your own will help you stay on track. Just make small, realistic changes you can stick to for life!

Ann :)

Tealeaf 11-29-2005 02:21 PM

Welcome to 3FC! I've gotten tons of good advice and information from this place. I think it really does help to be in touch with other people who are going throught the same sort of thing that you are. I look forward to seeing your posts!

born2star 11-29-2005 05:42 PM

Hey me too

JR'sGirl 11-29-2005 06:39 PM

Welcome. Everyone here is really nice and helpful and supportive. You should have lots of help here. Welcome

MorticiaAddams 11-30-2005 04:41 AM

I was a single mom at one time to.
You need to understand the two basic things to losing weight.
Eating better and moving more.
You want to learn what you should be eating learning what the labels mean.
As far as the ingrediants go.
Dont be closed to one diet plan. Diets dont work. Take things from many diffrent things that work for you. I even have taken ideas from my husbands Mens Healthy Abs diet, to South beach to Oprah, to the Biggest loser to countless books I have read at the library.
Drink water water water. Have a bottle with you at all times.
Take your snacks with you if your on the go.
Get more lean protein like Chicken, Extra Lean Turkey and if you love Fish then anything not battered will be a great choice for you.
Go thru your cupboards and toss all that bad stuff out. No need for it to be there neither you nor your child need it. Eat a nice healthy meal and go shopping.
If you drink pop or coffee give those up.
And if you do drink pop or coffe or have a lot of sweets , exspect your body to go thru withdrawls that will make you feel run down or just want to give up.
Keep a journal of how many calories your taking in watch the portion sizes, going over on the portions is where people take in to many calories.
You need to burn more then you take in to lose.
And remember your job is not a part of exersise its your normal routine and your body needs to do more then you normally do to lose weight.
Most of all exersising is the 2nd key to taking off weight.
Just know that no matter how good your eating you wont take it off unless you exersise.
The better you get at exersising the more you will love it.
And remember it takes time to make these changes. Make small changes and soon they will all add up to a more healthy you.
Welcome to the site and ask ask ask theres so many people who know what your going thru and can help or just understand what your feeling or going thru. Take Care of yourself love yourself enough to make changes and get to a more healthy you. ;)

ms_dreamy 11-30-2005 08:39 AM

thank you all i really have tried to lose weight in the past and i did for a while.
but i am stuck right now i started out weighing 204 now i weigh 185 and i cant seem to lose anymore. im not sure what to do. but thanks again i have found alot of go information on this site.