End of first day...

• Wow. Thank you to the ladies who responded to my post. Thought I'd jump on and take a look, not expecting at all to see any replies and here there were 4!!! You made me smile, you made me feel good, you gave me hope for tomorrow. Today was okay, ya know. I danced and it was actually fun! I set my microwave timer for 30 minutes and I cranked the music and just jumped around and danced. You know the best part...watching my 2 year old and 6 year old just cracking up!!! It made my heart smile. They were having so much fun with their Mommy. I actually can't wait to do it again tomorrow. It really honestly didn't feel like exercising. Even though I sweated and was really jumping all over the place it was fun. I know some of you may not think it's enough but I'm MOVING!!! I'm not a big "in movement" kinda gal...unless it's walking from my couch to my computer haha

Had to eat a bit later tonight becuase we grocery shopped but I was done by 8:00 and as long as I don't eat again I'm happy. Both my husband and I did great at the store. No cookies, doughnuts, ice cream, candy, or sweet snacks. See I'm cool if it's not in my house, I won't crave it...but if it's here, I will eat 3+ portions of whatever it is in a day...sometimes an hour!!!

Now about the water. I picked up some Walmart water at the store and I'm quite happy about it. I love the stuff and it will fullfill my carbination craving. I actually had a glass of regular water with dinner and it was good. Still missing my pop though...gosh I love my pop.

Keep on keeping on everyone and HOLD ON...
    Em
  • Yay for the dancing! Of course that's movement!!!! When I first started it was just getting up and down more, or actually going upstairs instead of thinking about it. 30 min is a LOT for the first day (you may want to make sure you're ready for that)!

I agree with one of your posters earlier today that I just couldn't jump into it. I made small changes over time. Correction: I am STILL making small changes.

Congrats on the first day, and good luck!!
  • Hey, good work on day 1! In my own experience, eating after 7 didn't stop weight loss at all. I don't usually get home from work until 8:00 and don't usually eat dinner until 9 or 9:30. Didn't stop me from losing 61 lbs.

There are a lot of things to stress about when losing weight. Don't let eating dinner after 7 be one of them!!!

Keep up the good work.
  • Well done on your first day - dancing sounds like a blast! 30 mins of dancing is still 30 mins of cardio, whether it feels like exercise or not! Best if it doesn't feel like exercise in my opinion! Then if it's fun you'll keep doing it!

Try diet pop, like sprite zero or diet coke or something, they're ok to beat the cravings with!

I agree with you about the snack food, if it's not in the house, then I can't eat it! If all I have to eat is food that I have to cook/mix up/blend whatever, then I can't binge on it! It won't just go straight into my mouth and be gone!

Good luck with day 2!
  • Keep holding on, it's worth it!
  • Like 2frustrated, I agree that I won't eat it if it's not there! I used to buy even healthier snacks, like low-fat cheez its or reduced-calorie ice cream and think, hey, it's got fewer calories and less fat, so it's a good choice. However, I would then proceed to eat the ENTIRE container of whatever snack food I bought in a single day, so it added up to just as many calories as normal junk food!

Now, I don't normally buy any snacks. After months and months of not having any junk food in the house, I now buy single-serving size packages of some foods (like to 100-calorie snack packs of oreo crisps and such). that way, if I really NEED something, I can have just a single serving instead of sitting down with the whole container. I also am able to only have one single serving per day (whereas before, even if I bought single-serving packs, I would have had multiple!). I guess my point is that it will get easier over time as you get used to being in more control.

I also agree that maybe diet sodas would work? I just finished a can of Coca Cola Zero, and I like it SO much more than Diet Coke (which I don't really like much at all). Just a suggestion. Congrats on a great first day!!
  • When I first started out - I would buy "decent" snacks (lower calories) and I would bag them immediately into serving size portions. That way I would not be tempted to eat more and more. I even went as far as to mark the calories on the bag. I would even do this to my cereal. Now that my body is used to eating smaller portions, I can trust myself to just measure out a serving size when I want it as opposed to eating more than I should. My kids thought I had lost it - but what can I say, the proof is in the puddin!!
  • Quote: When I first started out - I would buy "decent" snacks (lower calories) and I would bag them immediately into serving size portions. That way I would not be tempted to eat more and more. I even went as far as to mark the calories on the bag.
    I did this exact same thing! I kept my black magic marker in the cabinet right next to my plastic baggies It worked great for packing snacks and meals for work, but once I got home, I would still eat more than one baggie of snacks, so I had to stop doing it. Now, though, I have much more control. I even have regular big bags of chips in the kitchen because my boyfriend eats them with his lunch every day, but I never ever eat them (unless as a side wth ameal like a sandwich, in which case I am careful to not have too many and NEVER take the whole bag, just put a few on my plate).
  • Quote: When I first started out - I would buy "decent" snacks (lower calories) and I would bag them immediately into serving size portions. That way I would not be tempted to eat more and more. I even went as far as to mark the calories on the bag.
    I did this exact same thing! I kept my black magic marker in the cabinet right next to my plastic baggies It worked great for packing snacks and meals for work, but once I got home, I would still eat more than one baggie of snacks, so I had to stop doing it. Now, though, I have much more control. I even have regular big bags of chips in the kitchen because my boyfriend eats them with his lunch every day, but I never ever eat them (unless as a side wth ameal like a sandwich, in which case I am careful to not have too many and NEVER take the whole bag, just put a few on my plate).