Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-07-2005, 08:49 PM   #1  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Cool How do you get back in the "groove"?

I had a bit of a setback last weekend at a party and was on the verge of blowing it this week till I slapped myself upside the head and said "cut it out!"

The thing that got me back on track was journaling EVERYTHING in my on-line food diary . I was way over my daily calorie limit , but not as bad as I thought it would be. I told myself that all was not lost - in order to gain a pound I'd have to eat an extra 3,500 calories . I was tempted to NOT record the extra calories - just forget about it - but I needed to remind myself that I was on a journey where I will have ups and downs and need to face my weaknesses.

We're going to need all the help we can get with the holidays coming up. Do you have any tips on getting "psyched up" and back on track after a binge?
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 09:08 PM   #2  

I put on my favorite outfit - not the most comfortable one, the one I look the best in. The one that I feel the best in. Then I take a long look in the mirror. I point out to myself that the skirt is a size 8 and getting too big and that the sweater is a small. I pay attention to my curves and muscle - proof that my hard work is paying off.

It helps me put into perspective exactly what it is that I stand to lose if I don't pull myself together and get back on track. None of my new clothes are going to fit, I'm going to have to give up trendy clothes, but worst of all I'm going to lose my confidence. I'm not willing to give up how I feel right now for more food than need. Nothing tastes THAT good.
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 11:39 PM   #3  
hara hachi bu

Default Good Post!

I usually call someone I know who is supportive of my efforts, preferably someone who is also going through the same thing. I come to 3FC. I look at my menus planned for the next couple of days, and think of other things I might want to make.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 11:51 PM   #4  
Livin' La Vida Mocha

I weigh myself. I remind myself of what I want and don't want. I look at a pic that was taken over the summer.

One or all of the above usually does the trick!
TribeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 12:45 AM   #5  

I strip and look in the mirror and ask myself what is it I really want
flipafart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 03:56 PM   #6  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

jawsmom - Good idea! I have a new size 16 outfit that I love. I'm going to wear it today to remind me!

phantastica - The first thing I did after my splurge was to check out 3FC and read posts about getting back on track.

TribeFan - I have a photo somewhere of me wearing a blouse that was really tight about 6 months ago and I have one of me wearing the same blouse recently - no gaping buttons and my arms don't look like overstuffed sausages any more! I'm going to put them on the fridge!

flipafart - I still avoid looking at myself with no clothes on . I know my stomach is a lot flatter and my pants are a lot looser - but I've still got a long way to go.
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote