3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   I was up and now I'm down... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/68154-i-up-now-im-down.html)

TamLynne 11-07-2005 01:32 PM

I was up and now I'm down...

I was so gung ho on losing weight and getting healthy and I don't know what happened. I did really good last week and I started feeling sick Friday and its just gone down hill since. I still want to lose weight and get healthy but I don't know.. I don't feel like putting the effort in to it. All I want to do is eat the past couple days and I feel yucky so I don't feel like working out. I just don't know what to do to get out of this slump. I'm really upset and bummed anymore. I just don't know what to do or where to turn. If I don't lose weight its gonna kill me one day I know that but I just want the weight off and I just don't have the patience or the will power to get it off. I probably make no sense its just been a rough day... Please help!!!

Tammy

Jen415 11-07-2005 02:08 PM

Tammy: Look at what you have accomplished! you are 60% of the way to your Thanksgiving goal! Don't give up!!!

LovesBassets 11-07-2005 02:15 PM

Hi Tam,

We all have days and weeks like that, sweetie -- you're not alone! And I know how hard it is when you're feeling so discouraged and just want the weight off now. All I can say to you is that you can do it! It's a tough, challenging thing, but you deserve to be happy and you deserve to live in a healthy body.

What you need to do (and I know it's hard) is take all that enthusiasm you had at the start and sort of ration it out over the next few months. This is a MARATHON, not a sprint. And it's FOR LIFE, right?

What kind of plan have you been following? I ask because sometimes people jump in 100% on the first day and try to change absolutely everything all at once. And I know -- for me at least -- this just doesn't work. I mean, if I handed you a Chinese language textbook, said "read this," and then expected you to speak nothing but Chinese starting the very next day, could you do it? That may sound like an extreme analogy, but learning to live in a healthier way takes A LOT of changes. And not only are you picking up new habits, but you're undoing years of OLD habits.

My advice is to forgive yourself, relax, and take baby steps. Change one thing a day. Or one thing a week. Whatever works for you. One of the first things I did was replace the sugar in my tea with Splenda. That's ALL I changed one week. If I had gone from eating Doritos, drinking 4 Cokes a day, and devouring whole large pizza by myself to the way I eat now in ONE DAY I never would have lasted.

I hope that helps. You can do it, Tam! :)

TamLynne 11-07-2005 09:09 PM

Thanks so much girls!

Kate.. thank you very much! I guess it just helps to have someone else put a different spin on things. And I did get off to a great start.. which might be the problem. I did the Richard Simmons blast off week. I did it once before and lost 10 lbs but this time I guess it was too drastic a cut back that I got really sick and just felt terrible all week. I think I need to start smaller. Like you said.. I just need to change 1 thing a day or a week.. I CAN DO IT!!

THanks so much girls! I'm going to get to my mini goal by Thanksgiving!!

flipafart 11-08-2005 12:46 AM

get up and do it you deserve the best