I can't believe I ate that, and that, AND THAT!

• Hi ladies !
    I don't know what has gotten into me. I've eaten like crazy for the last two days. I'm losing my determination. I ate more candy than I care to admit and an entire bag of lime tostidos (the huge bag) in a matter of two days. Holy salt and carbs!! I just chowed right out of the bag nonstop.

I know in my mind I just have to forget it and move on, start new today and do better. I'm just seriously dissappointed that I did it so easily without caring. I knew what I was doing and just didn't care. I'm going to start over today but I just don't feel the enthusiasm I had been feeling. Today this whole lifestyle change feels more like a pain in the butt rather than a good thing which scares me cuz these words are sounding a lot like quitting words and I really don't want to quit this time. Any advice?
  • Sounds like your body was craving sweets and salt. You have to answer those cravings. Maybe not to so much extreme but answer them nonetheless. Anyway, move on and go forward! Good luck
  • Eddie, good advice...I have been really learnign a lot about this and planning for an occasional "treat" that is modified to be on program has been helpful. Personally, potato chips, actually ANY chips are my weakness. I simply don't have them in the house. No one else needs to eat them either! They aren't healthy! If someone else in the house wants chips, buy single serving sized ones for that one occasion and let them have them, while keeping yourself safely away from them!

You CAN do this. Just get right back on program! There's no reason to delay and every reason to move forward. You have the desire and the strength to put your health first! You wouldn't be here is you didn't! Just do it, I know you can!
  • It happens
    HI, Eddie is right. Pick up, dust off, throw away any guilt and move on. Your 6 lb loss so far is a great start!
    Avoid the scale this week because any weight gain will just make you feel discouraged. Sounds like you know it was a bad move and that is what is important. We all fall off the wagon every now and then. The trick is to climb right back on. Maybe do a little more exercising this week, evn just a couple of good brisk walks. I do this when I start to feel like I want to lose control of my eating. I direct my attention somewhere else and usually end up feeling better than if I had given in to temptation.
    Good luck, I know you can do it!

Meecha
  • If you're starting to feel like it's a pain in the butt, I can think of a couple of things:

1 -- remind yourself of why you started in the first place, and then ask if those reasons have changed.

2 -- maybe you're getting bored with your food choices and aren't adequately satisfying the cravings. If so, can you find new foods that do satisfy but that you can eat a more reasonable quantity of? I let myself indulge in a craving every day, but it's controlled and on plan. In the evening, I might get myself some cheese popcorn or cheez-its or something. I weigh them out, and then put the bag away. Nearly always, I am satisfied with this. If not, I do let myself get more, but I weigh out a portion again. I have so far never needed to go back for thirds, and have surprised myself by how satisfied I can be with what I would have thought was a small amount of food! Perhaps because I let myself indulge frequently, I am satisfied? I don't know, but it does work for me. I think I wouldn't be able to do it with some other foods -- like cookies!!

Good luck!! This is a long road and there will be bumps along the way!
  • Yeah, I can't have chips in the house without eating them. Don't buy it? You can't eat what's not there. If you have other people you share your home with, ask them to keep their salty crunchy goodness in their own "snack boxes" in their respective rooms. (A small, none see-through plastic tote from Wal-Mart works great for that purpose) Out of sight, out of mind.
  • I have found that buying single serving packages of chips, cookies and other snack type foods that it works much better for me. They cost a bit more that way, but it's worth it to me not to be tempted by a huge bag of chips or cookies.
  • Thanks for all your support. I've done well these past two days and have a better attitude again. You all are wonderful for helping through my slump!!