Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-30-2005, 11:21 PM   #1  

Default Want To Join Me?? Post Daily Check-ins

Would love to have people to share daily or at least attempted daily check-ins. Report your frustrations, or achievments, exercise progress, weight loss, or whatever is on your mind. We are all on the same journey and I know for me these threads are a wonderful support mechanism.

Meecha
meecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 11:28 PM   #2  
My Motivator = Jillian!

You can count me in Meecha! I agree w/ you and it's nice to have a place to just babble & share and all that good stuff
SunnyKells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 11:45 PM   #3  

Default Posting weight check in

Hi,
I got lap banded over 2 years ago and haven't done so well...got a new lease on life and am ready to make this thing work. Hopefully, having someone to check in with will give me the boost I need. I have cheated without being aware of it...thought the band would do the work for me, turns out I still have to do the work myself.
madonnaweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 11:46 PM   #4  

Default Hi Kelli

Hi Kelli

Thank you for the post...it will be nice to start a thread and read the responses. I have tried in the past but wasn't too successful. They start but then seem to die off quickly. Hopefully this one will stay and progress.

I also post on the daily check in for menus. I hooked up the one for November already. I find that logging my intake of food and calories each day really helps. I had hit a 2 week stall and it was nice to go back to the weeks where I was losing and see what foods I was eating. I concentrated on those and the weight started coming off again. I do it twice actually, once in my own personal journal and on here. I also like to see what others eat and what works for them. You can also get good ideas of different things to try from it.

Well time to start wrapping up the night...I will log on again tomorrow.

Wish you continued success!!!!

Meecha
Old 10-30-2005, 11:55 PM   #5  

Default Welcome Madonna

Hi Madonna

These threads are a great way to be held accountable. I find that it is much easier on this road we are on. Question for you, what is lap band? Is it like stomach stapling? I have found that there is no quick fix for losing weight. Its all about dedication, being aware of what and how much you eat and exercising, which I have found makes the weight come off much faster and a plus is that it makes you feel good and a great way to work off any frustrations you may have that day.
We all have cheated you just have to pick yourself up and dust off and get right back on track. Guilt is a killer when you are trying to change your lifestyle and lose weight.
Sounds like you know what you have to do and it's a matter of just setting your mind to it and doing it. I know you can!!!!!!!!

Meecha
Old 10-31-2005, 02:48 AM   #6  
Haley

I hope it's alright if I join on to. I need a place where I can check in to keep myself accountable. I'll start with today!

I didn't eat very well today and didn't exercise. Tomorrow I am going to start my workout regime back up because I want to lose 9 pounds before I visit my family for Thanksgiving. I'm going to try to not let myself have any cheat days or meals, because I really want to lose the weight!

Good luck to you all!!!
haleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 06:00 PM   #7  

Default Checking in.....

First off, welcome Haley!!!!!

Whew what a day, definitely a Monday. But I love the week days because it is sooooo much easier to stick to my routine. Weekends can be hard when I am not at home.
Have night school tonight and one of my classes is weight training and I love it!!!! I can't make excuses not to workout, lol. Have the class 3 times a week. Haven't really got a cardio routine down yet but I am working on it. I maybe get 2, if I am lucky 3 days of that in a week, but not always.
Got on the scale this morning which I do every Monday, its hard not to be a slave to the scale. Anyway, 3.5 lbs of fat gone forever
My mini goal is 20 lost by the 7th so we will see if I can get this last 3 lbs gone by next Monday. Or should I say I CAN and I WILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Knowing that I have little goals that I set for myself helps me in my decisions on what and how much I eat. I HATE to dissapoint myself and I know that it is only me who I am hurting in the long run. Plus I am starting to feel really good. My 16 year old told me yesterday that he can see the difference in my tummy and that it is looking flatter....he's so sweet and it made me feel super good that someone who sees me every day can tell a difference already. Those little moments of praise and encouragement help so much.
Well I hope all of you are having a great start to what I know will be a successful week for all of us.
I will check in tomorrow and see how everyone is doing.

Meecha
Old 10-31-2005, 09:00 PM   #8  
My Motivator = Jillian!

Hi everyone!

You're right Meecha ... YOU CAN! and YOU WILL! awww you're son is so cute! Sometimes comments like that can give you the motivation to get through the day, the week or even longer!

Hey Haley, I hope you had a good day today! Hi Madonna!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!

Okay well today I did REALLY good until about 4pm and then I broke down and got the munchies and had to eat some gardetto's which we all know are NOT good for you!
Then I came home ... I worked out! I do the Jillian Michaels plan and so I have her workout DVDs and so I have done them Saturday, Sunday & Monday ... luckily I can report it's gettin a TINY drop easier (anyone who watched "The Biggest Loser" knows she kicks some major butt and is super tough) But then I cracked and ate a couple fun size butterfingers & some peanut m&ms .... BAD GIRL! But I figure, I worked out hard and if I would've denied myself I would just end up cracking later so ....

Anyway, hope you all had a fabulous day!
Old 11-01-2005, 01:09 AM   #9  

Default Hi

Hey Kelli...thanks for the words of encouragement.
My son is a sweetie and considering at 16 they can be brutally honest I loved him for his comment.
While taking a bath tonight I noticed while sitting there that I could look down and I am starting to see certain body parts that I haven't been able to see in quite some time. So I know all this hard work and dedication is paying off.
I loved watching The Biggest Loser, is the next season on already? And you are right Kelli, Jillian was worse than a drill sgt. Good for you on your workouts, keep it up.
It sounds like you aren't beating yourself up over your little slips today and thats good. Luckily for me I am not a candy eater, never have been so Halloween was easy for me. I did really good all day today...need to reach that first mini goal come Monday. Except I still have a really hard time with the water. I hate it and so its really difficult to get in all that I am supposed to. But I am working on it and hopefully will get better. They say that you are supposed to drink half your weight in oz of water a day. That would be fine and dandy if I weighed 115 lbs....
But at 220, that's A LOT of water!!!!!

Hi Haley, Madonna....hope you two are doing well also!
Well it is an early rise in the morning so I am taking myself to bed.

Meecha
Old 11-02-2005, 11:19 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 208/173/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Hello all!

I would love to join this support group. I have been getting myself back into working out over the last couple of weeks. So far it's been going fairly well. I'm starting to feel a little more pep in my step! This week I've been really trying to focus on getting my eating under control. Next monday I'm officially going to start doing the Body for Life eating plan. I have been doing it the last couple of days and really feel full and satisfied. I'm going to make my weigh-in days Sunday morning. I'm going to try to post that here if that's ok. I really am looking forward to having somewhere to go to for support and encouragement. It helps to read what you gals have to say. It shows me I'm not the only one out here battleing this battle. I'm going to try very hard not to have the all or nothing attitude this time which is usually what ends up making me throw in the towel. This time its going to be the gradual changing of habits that is going to get me to my goal.

Meecha- congrats on the 3.5lb loss! That is so awesome!

Sunnykells- I bought Jillians book but have not gotten to her work outs yet. I should try to start week one next monday. From what I've read on BL thread it sounds like her work-outs kick butt. Do you do them off the book or the dvd's or both? I've thought about ordering her dvd's but haven't decided yet.

Hello Madonna and haleys! Here's to us losing lots of weight and getting healthy!
dancediva33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 11:43 PM   #11  
My Motivator = Jillian!

Hey Dancediva .... well, Jillian is a kickbutt girl ... her workouts are HARD on the DVD well dang the first time I popped the thing in, I don't even think I did 50% of it and I was about to die! LOL But it's getting better as my endurance builds up and my confidence (knowing the exercises and form) builds too! You should definitely check them out! her book freaking rocks! I am gonna try doing the exercies in the book starting Monday since I'm so addicted to her DVD's right now but I want to kinda change it up or something ... I don't know but I just love the woman, she makes me motivated

I will come tell you guys more later ... today was a bad day (not eating wise but just in general) but I ate & exercised like a good girl Talk to you soon!
Old 11-03-2005, 01:38 PM   #12  

Default Hi Ladies

So far I'm having a very good day. I got a 2 mile work out in on my treadmill. I jogged 1 consecutive mile of it. I feel really good when I jog. I hope I'm not killing my joints. I've been working out on the treadmill for about 2 weeks now. I'm also lifting weights but so far I'm getting into that slowly. I'm trying to make this process simple and not overwhelming.

How are you ladies doing?

Kelli- thanks for replying---I agree Jillian is awsome. I can't even believe she takes the time to respond to us on the BL thread. What a great person she is!

OK, got to go. I need to get some studying done Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Old 11-03-2005, 02:28 PM   #13  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

I have no energy. I eat mostly healthy but I can do way better then I have been. Cutting out the buns with my turkey burger and certain things like that.
But I work Midnights the last two weeks I have put in over 55 hours Normally I work 40 hours. I come home watch a dvd and then nod off to sleep.
I used to come home and go straight to bed. I have problems getting to sleep. But then when time comes , I feel over welmed at the things I need to do like cleaning, cooking clothes. And then I dont get to the gym.
This is really eating me up and I need to stop making excuses and get my self back to working out on a regular basis or Im going to still be over 200 pounds going into another new year. Some times I can sleep until my husband comes home from work which is like 5:30 ,cook,clean then I have 30 minutes to get ready for work and head out the door.
I know I need to do something. Which I will have the husband on me to be in bed and sleeping when I come home from work and head up to the gym no matter whats on my plate. I gotta get moving again. Nothing is going to happen if I dont. And I hate feeling like im sitting on the bench letting my life pass me by and not doing something about this.
MorticiaAddams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 09:36 AM   #14  

MorticiaAdams, I know where you're coming from. I work really funky hours too (nurse). It's really hard to make time for yourself but believe me if you do start working out you will have more energy. I started back at it again just 2 weeks ago and allready I feel a little more spark in me. I did not have anything magical to make me get going again other than I said to myself--you just have to get off your butt and do it! Every day I fight the urge to skip a workout but after I do it I feel so much better. Right now I'm just using my treadmill (which I had to dust off!). I also lift weights but just with my 5lb dumbells and nothing really formal. I just know I want to increase my strenght and indurance. I know if I make it too complicated I will get discouraged and quit. I'm not an extemely motivated person but right now I know I have to make some changes in my life or it will pass me by before I know it. I'm sorry if I'm rambling but I just wanted you to know you are not alone.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:48 PM   #15  

Default Hang in there....

Dancediva is right Morticia....just have to tell yourself..I WILL DO THIS NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!!!! Despite, work, kids, or anything else that makes our lives crazy...I think as moms, wives or whatever we tend to slip and forget that we are people too. And that means we need to make time for ourselves and improving what it is that we arent happy with. Its easy to neglect yourself but I know you will find a plan or routine that works for YOU. The hard part is just getting started...but once you do you will fell soooooo much better and as you see the weight come off that in itself is a total motivation to keep on going. So with that said, when you are feeling down or discouraged you just come here and vent and I know you will have lots of support when you do.

Meecha