Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 02:41 PM   #46  

WOW all that sounds like a great meal....good luck at the Dr. I hope all goes well....I wish I could cook...I think that is a major problem..I am trying to learn and doing pretty good..I just feel sorry for my boyfriend I keep making him try everything..hehe type at ya later!
Old 11-02-2005, 03:59 PM   #47  
banned

haha! how funny....keep trying court thanks for asking. the dr was a bit streessful and im happy to be home. i have to go to another one on friday and another on monday and yet another next wed. sigh.....

do u like zucchini? i make it easy. i chop it and toss it w a bit of crushed tomatoes and some ragu no sugar added sauce and then i nuke it and sprinkle parmesan on it.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:26 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

Hello Ladies
I hope you are all well and happy!! I went to court today and managed to get supervised visits for about a year,that's good! Not exactly what I had in mind ,but it will have to do for now.
Tonight I am going out for chicken wings and 1 beer,I think I need that well deserved break tonight.I hope I don't go overboard lol See you all tomorrow
Wendy
Old 11-02-2005, 08:35 PM   #49  
getting healthier!

S/C/G: 195/165/150

Height: 5'6

hey ladies.....sorry about ur massage andrea- (i used to be a massage therapist FYI) lol. anyway......nothing really new to report.

try this its yummy- stir fry sauce: take 1 cup soy sauce or soy based teryaki sauce and add 1 tablespoon ( more or less depending on sweetness) of SPLENDA brown sugar sub. Its so good!!!!! i make it with tofu, broccoli baby corns water chestnts and bamboo shoots over brown rice.

so i wanted to try something new. how bout at the end of every night when we post, we write one thing that we are proud of for that day. I got the idea from the theme song to Biggest Loser "what have you done today to make you feel proud". so heres mine.

I am proud today b/c- i went to the gym at 7am and did the stairmaster. and i didnt binge on m+m's that were sitting on the desk at my job. woo hoo!!!!!
ur turn girlies!
Jen
Old 11-02-2005, 11:19 PM   #50  
banned

hi guys!
just sayin goodnight!
first giving(((((( ))))) to wendie-i know you went through **** today but join the club-so did me and kelli. enjoy yre dinner wendie!

jenn: hehe really? cool! thanks i was dissap. thanks for the recipe! and yea i was just thinkin of that!((( ))))

heres mine: i didnt binge after my drs appt(lord knows i wanted to!)

miss kelli: (((((( ))))) for you too. i hope tomm is better for all of us!
Old 11-02-2005, 11:38 PM   #51  
My Motivator = Jillian!

Hi girlies!

Andrea -- sorry about your massage woman I'm proud of you for not binging though, believe me I KNOW your pain today and that's all I wanted to do was binge ... but we were both good girls! ((( )))

Jen -- I like your idea girl ... and I love that theme song to BL ... it makes me feel happy lol yeah, I know, I'm a big dork Thanks for the recipe idea! Yum.

Wendy -- sorry for your bad day hon! (((((((((( ))))))))) lots of hugs for you!

Court -- Hey woman! Happy to see you posting in here!

Okay so today for me SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKED! I don't really know why, but well first of all, I was just grumpy ... the whole day wasn't SOOO bad though until this afternoon. So everyone here knows (I think I've said) there's a guy at work I dig ... well there's this gal at work who is MARRIED and 10 years older but so into him it's just wrong. Anyway, she's really thin (but really oddly porportioned and even though she says she works out all the time (I should say she BRAGS about it) she doesn't look all that great besides being a stick -- anyway, can you tell I don't like her? lol) so today she basically told me in more or less words that I was a big fat monster! Damn. We have a storage shed and Dave (the guy I like) and I reorganized it a few months ago and it was our project, well we need to do it again but this girl (Randi) was saying how "I know most storages are a tight fit" and she looked me up & down insinuating that I wouldn't fit ... OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you have no idea how bad I wanted to pull her hair out and poke her eyes in. You guys thought I was nice. LOL No but yeah, she's just really rude and insecure. She hates that Dave & I have a really strong friendship and she wants him bad so ... she's messed up though.

Anyway, on top of that I was just feeling kinda crappy about myself and where I am in life so ... it didn't help But I'm gonna get some good rest and have a better day tomorrow!

Here's my proud moment:
Even after a crappy day, all I wanted to do on my way home was stop and eat Taco Bell or something bad but I went home, exercised and ate right! YAY for no binging & no bad food
Old 11-03-2005, 08:25 AM   #52  

Good Morning ladies!!! I hope today goes better for ALL of you. Thanks Andrea for the Idea that sounds really good! I hope the Dr. goes better for you

Wendy I am glad court went well for you. that kind of thing is never a easy thing to deal with but it is great you are so positive about it!!

Jen..hey gurl...thanks for the yummy stir fry sauce!!!! I LOVE your idea too!!!

Kelli..hey! Dont let that woman ruin your day...it sounds like she is a very unhappy person and just trying to make others unhappy...I can't stand people like that!!!! plus if that guy wants what she has then you don't need him anyway because what kind of guy would he be if he knows this chick is married and still hooks up with her? just a thought.....

Since I did not post lastnight here is my proud moment...I cooked a big pot of turnips and they tasted FANTASTIC!!!!!
Old 11-03-2005, 09:50 AM   #53  

You guys are very inspirational and for this reason, I have been reading your threads and finding some very useful advice in there.
I too am struggling with my weight. I have 13 or so lbs to lose in order to feel good about my body and believe me, it doesn't matter if one has 100 or 10 to lose, its just as difficult.
I had baby #2 9 mo ago and after gaining alot of weight(fat) during my pregnancy, I managed to shed 45 lbs so far but those pesky last ones just don't want to go anywhere.
I also recently noticed that it has gotten harder to shed pounds in comparison with my younger years~ the fact that I am turning 30 in 2 mo probably doesn't help either hu.

Anyway, that's me for now.thanks for reading and see ya
Old 11-03-2005, 11:22 AM   #54  
banned

good morning ladies!

(((( )))) kelli! ive come to the conclusion that some ppl are just downright a******es!! believe me i know the feeling bc ive been having my own run in this week w a person like that. i know its hard sweetie, but you cant let her get to you like that....youre doin awesome and youre worth it!!! im proud of both of us for not binging
hey jen!!((( ))) you did great too!
hi wendy! hope today goes better for ya!((( ))
sup courtney? thanks... i hope tomm dr goes ok im scared yet again (((( )))
hi ella!
Old 11-03-2005, 11:46 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

Good morning Girls!! Boy it sound like we have all had it pretty rough the past couple days I am so sorry Hey Andrea, how you doing now,are you getting any better?? Have you been able to start a slow and easy exersice program yet? I hope you get better soon.. Hi ,Jen,great job on the exresicing !! I think I am going to just start all over with mine it became pretty sparatic lately. Kelli, You know the skinny Randi ckick is just jealous!!! Work it girl!! If it were me I'd rwally have some fun with it!!! Welcome to Elle!!! I would give the big welcome sign but all I get is the popup blocker.

My proudest moment last night was to eat only 4 out of the 10 baked chicken wings!!Wow were they good!!!Lemon pepper!! Yummmm!!!!! And water instead of the beer!!
Until later ladies!!!
Hey Courtney, hi!! I didn't forget you hon.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:48 AM   #56  
banned

Emotions can drive you to overeat. So, too, can other triggers. Learn how to spot them, and you'll learn how to beat them.

Dim lighting: The dimmer the lighting, the higher the likelihood of overindulgence, says a study from the University of California at Irvine. Why? "Brighter lighting forces you to be more aware of what you're eating," says Joe Kasof, Ph.D., lead study author.Beat it by: Sitting outdoors or near windows, using brighter bulbs in your lamps, adding lighting to eating areas, or moving to a brighter room.Distractions: In another study, when women who normally watched what they ate listened to a taped detective story, they consumed more calories. Researchers suspect the story interfered with the women's focus on keeping calories in check.Beat it by: Clearing all distractions; let the enjoyment of the meal provide your focus.Low energy: "When your energy's low, you may look for food to pick you up," says Robert E. Thayer, Ph.D., professor of psychology at California State University at Long Beach. Unfortunately, most people reach for calorie-laden treats instead of an apple or banana.Beat it by: Identifying your low-energy times of day and substituting other activities for eating
Old 11-03-2005, 11:52 AM   #57  
banned

hi wendy!! you go girl!! thats awesome!!! thanks, but no on the exercise. the coughing is getting a little better, but i still am wheezing at times and last night had a **** of a time getting to sleep bc of the coughing. dunno wehat it is about nighttime but that seems to be when its worse at this point. i dont cough much during the day anymore.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:10 PM   #58  

YAYYYYYY to me for turning down a footlong hot dog from my all time favorite place!!!!!! I will stick with my fabulous turnips and some chicken that I have from home for lunch....awwwww andrea I am so sorry you still feel like crap my mom has been sick now for about a month and she is being hard headed so she will not go to the dr. HI wendy I am glad you did not forget me!
Old 11-03-2005, 12:58 PM   #59  
banned

yay courtney!!!!
thats awesome!!! i hate dogs, but i have to admit that if it were something that i really really loved, i woulda found a way to compromise cuz my willpower is so weak. you go girl! im having chicken for lunch also. its leftover chicken salad from day b/f yest. actually im having chicken for dinner too but at dinner im mixing it w pasta. that reminds me: great recipe!

mix pasta(i use wheat pasta or barilla plus) w chopped chicken and FF mayo and chill. add a salad and its soon filling!
Old 11-03-2005, 01:28 PM   #60  
banned

god im so stressed right now!!!!!
Closed Thread