Protein Shakes & Protein Intake.

• Does any one drink them and have you found a good one of choice.
    Im currently using the Designer Whey Protein powder I like the strawberry flavor. I mix it with frozen strawberries,frozen bananas and some regualr oatmeal,walnuts,almonds,some honey,and some OJ.
    Im looking to getting more protein in my diet and I cant seem to get enough with just my food choices. Im taking in tuna and chicken and protein bars and also my shakes. Has anyone else found good choices in getting more protein in their diet.
  • Hi Morticia

I drink EAS shakes. You can buy it in powder form or as ready-made shakes. I love them! I also eat Instone High Protein Pudding which comes in vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, banana, and lemon flavors.

As for "real" foods, I eat low fat cottage cheese, hardboiled eggs, low fat string cheese, Quorn cutlets & nuggets, and Boca burgers.
  • I use the GNC Vanilla whey powder. GNC has several kinds and they all taste about the same, I used vanilla because I can add anything from fruits to chocolate coco powder and it's good. Taste in powders is a very personal thing, what may taste good to someone will taste awful for someone else... I do not use protein bars because they have hidden surgar, I know this because as soon as I eat one I want to sleep, it's like eating a chocolate bar! The protein in the bars is very low grade too. Other protein sources are eggwhites, tuna, salmon, chicken, beef, pork, ALL lean cuts of course....
  • I use SAN Anabolic Infusion Chocolate Peanut Butter or Caramel Vanilla Swirl for a straight protein shake daily (only way I can "eat" while working) and HDT ProBlend 55 Vanilla for baking my protein muffins.

As Ilene said, taste is very personal. I love the Anabolic Infusion, but I threw out two tubs of the EAS shakes. It was that or use it as paint for the kitchen

I also occaisionally have the Isotone protein pudding. I bought a case of it. I'm not thrilled with it, but it's not so bad that I want to throw it out.

Mel
  • I use Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey, Chocolate flavor that I got at GNC. When I bought it I thought I would have to worry it down but I actually like it. I mix 1 scoop with 1/2c 1% milk - stick it in the freezer for 1/2 hr and it's a lot like a Wendy's frosty. I use it almost as a treat and a way to stay away from the real chocolate.

Where do you get the choc/pb you use Mel? Sounds yummy.
  • I order it online from vitaglo.com. It's about the cheapest place I've found for it and shipping is quick and reliable. It's not an inexpensive protein powder, but it has exactly the blend of proteins, fats, carbs and other supplements that I want. Plus, it tastes good to me mixed with plain old water.

Mel
  • I use GNC brand. I buy the strawberry flavor and blend it with a few frozen trawberries. Tastes pretty good!
  • I use Fitness Labs WheyFit in chocolate and BSN Lean Dessert Protein in cinnamon roll. However I don't drink it in shakes, I always mix it in nonfat yogurt. Then I can eat it straight or spinkle granola on it or dip fruit in it. It seriously tastes like pudding, especially the chocolate. You can also mix the powder in baked goods, fat free pudding, etc to make any "splurge" a little healthier. Try www.nutritionexpress.com they have good prices.