Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-25-2005, 07:57 AM   #1  
Disney here I come!!!

Default Thank you does not begin to cover it!!!

First let me apologise for the lengthy post and if it is in the wrong spot. I am kind of new and this is my first post. I came across this site purely by accident and have not stopped reading since!

I am a 35 married mom of two beautiful girls and an incredible husband. My highest weight which was only a few weeks back was 290lbs. I have done everything that I am sure most of you have and as soon as I lose 60lbs its a magic trigger I eat and gain it back. (now I know I had issues with looking attractive and did not like the attention) This time its different! I feel it.

I remember asking people what was their *moment* when did they realise? Mine came two and a half weeks back. I booked a trip to Florida!! My kids and husband have never seen Disney and we are finally in a position where we can go in February. When I should have been excited I really inside was not. My first thought Oh my god!! I cant fit in the plane seat?? I DO NOT want to ask for an extension!!! And the rides??? How in the WORLD will I ever fit there?? My hips are huge and I fluctuate between a 24 and 22 depending on the maker of the clothing. If my luggage gets lost where can I buy decent PLUS size clothes?? All these thoughts instead of the pure excitement of actually going.

I am on no special diet and I do not limit if I want it. But I found what works best for me is to limit my portions and to keep having my bowl of ice cream in the evening. It has worked and I am going to keep that idea in my head.

Without many of you knowing, you have helped me to know that I am not alone and the thought of losing a person was terrifying..until now. I know with so many examples of support and encouragement that I CAN do this and I can reach out for help whenever I need it and not feel ashamed. Maybe I can even help someone along the way.

So that is my intro and huge thank you to everyone that have put their stories and support out there it helps even more than you know!

Id love a buddy and to be one so feel free to add me
motivated.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 08:10 AM   #2  
Determined

Good luck girl! Disney is a fantastic motivator!! I can not say enough great things about that place, it is truly amazing. I never got to go as a kid and I took my son this past December. It was wonderful!! I loved it and cannot wait to go back. I weighed 230 when I went and though I fit on all the rides, there was anxiety about that and that was no fun. Although I had an amazing time, I look forward to going back at a more "normal" weight. Have fun!!
happydaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 08:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 194/175.2/140

Height: 5'2"

Godd luck on your weightloss journey, and have fun at Disneyland. I was at Cedar Point about a month ago, and it was AWESOME!

I'm on the same eating plan as you are, and have lost almost 40 lbs in the past 9 months. I think it's a great plan to follow! Congrats on the weight you've already lost.
josie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 08:46 AM   #4  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

when i started this journey... again.. @ 3 yrs ago i lost 120 lbs the wrong way... phen fen and exercise and it all came back.. this time i took the time to really look at the way i was eating....

I never really over ate... BUT the things i was eating.. pasta, sugar, were putting the weight on me and getting heavier everyday.. I have found this time.. that a modified south beach works best for me... You get plenty of food.. but its similar to a diabetic diet.. when u eat sugar your body just wants more... thats when the cravings come...
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 11:11 AM   #5  
Disney here I come!!!

Default more questions!

curlylocks: I think that I do the same thing. Modify what I eat. I find by eating pastas etc I just want more of it but I also found if I have a mind set that I can NOT have that I will want it more. So I compromised and I have anything for dinner that I want brown rice, sweet potatoes, wheat pasta or sometimes a wrap and I am ok with that. Also for TOM I crave sweet and salty so I will eat Kettle Corn popcorn with added spray butter. I find that does it for me. It may not be the BEST choice but I think my little choices will hopefully add up to a big lifestyle change. What do you like the best about SBD? How does it make you feel compared to the other diets you tried? Does it feel not so hard?

Josie: That is awesome 40lbs in 9 months! Can you give me some examples of what you ate?? Also is cedar point near Disney??

Daisy: I am glad you feel my pain ..lol so you DID fit on the rides just fine???? We are staying in disney and I am trying to figure out what to do first with out getting tired out I bought the Fodors book and trying to see what they recommend.

I am not so great at exercise..I have been walking but I really secretly long to JOG!! I did for about oh..10 feet and about died not to mention my boobs nearly knocked me out?!?!?

I am sure there are exercises threads in here somewhere maybe I can check out some for some tips. What type of exercise do you all do?
Old 09-25-2005, 08:39 PM   #6  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Kettlecorn....mmmmmmm. ..now they come in lowfat snack size versions - 100 calories in a bag...as for ice cream - I, too am a confirmed addict...but now it's low fat slow churn (vanilla based flavors are better than chocolate IMO) in a small cone. Only like 150 calories if you don't pile it up too high..quite satisfying.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 12:33 AM   #7  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

IMO, I think you should reconsider the popcorn and SBD. Popcorn is ok...in moderation. But it can still trigger cravings. Whereas, an apple is less likely to trigger cravings. Pick healthy choices and consider popcorn, ice cream, and other processed items to be special treats...once-in-awhile tastes. If you do this, you won't NEED the SBD, or any other diet. If you can maintain a daily "diet" of healthy and mostly natural foods, with the occasional "treats" added in, you can lose weight.

As for exercise, ANY exercise is always better than none. Start with something simple, like walking and build up from there. Work up to running, or start some aerobics videos or classes. Lift a bit of weights a few days a week to tone up. Don't rely on just one exercise, but multiple variations. Find ones you like and are more apt to stick with, then mix them up throughout the week so that you work different muscle groups, which will benefit your body more.

Yup, airline seats are an excellent motivator. One day you'll discover that they finally "widened" them and you'll be sooooo pleased.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 07:08 AM   #8  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I'm about 5'5 and was on an airplane just a few weeks ago at about 285 pounds (I flew Southwest Airline), and I had absolutely no trouble fitting in the seat with the armrests down or using the seatbelt without an extender As for the rides at Disney, I have a cousin who is slightly larger than me, and she went a couple of years ago with a bunch of family. One of her younger nephews asked her to go on a ride with him, and she was very hesitant, and like it was nothing (what a great little guy), he said, "Oh, don't worry. All of the belts on these rides just push down as far as they can and click so you can go on no matter what size you are." She said it was true, too--the restraints were the kind that click as you push them down, so they just *clicked* right on her lap, no matter how high her lap was! I'm sure that's not true on every single ride, but at least the major ones

This is one of my biggest fears, too, so I know how you feel. Heck, I'm only 23 years old, and I LOVE roller coasters, but I'm not sur eIcan even fit in one anymore! I bought tickets to a theme park near here (King's Dominion), and they expire at the end of this season, but I don't think I have lost enough weight to be confident enough to go Now I've let down both myself and my boyfriend (who wanted to go to Six Flags back in June, and I told him no because I didn't think I would fit). I've never not fit on a ride before, butit has been a few years since I last went, and I know I am bigger now than I was then. *sigh* I wish you much better luck and more confidence than I've got!

Last edited by jillybean720; 01-18-2006 at 10:47 AM.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 07:17 AM   #9  

Hi motivated one! What do I eat? Well, I've cut back on junk food and greasy/fried food, but other than that I eat whatever I want. I just eat less. It's so easy.

Cedar Point is a big amusement park in Ohio. It's got the most roller coasters in the world! I went on all the rides I had time to go on, and had a blast. I would recommend it.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:38 AM   #10  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

Quote:
Originally Posted by motivated.one
[COLOR=Indigo]
I am not so great at exercise..I have been walking but I really secretly long to JOG!! I did for about oh..10 feet and about died not to mention my boobs nearly knocked me out?!?!? [COLOR]

Been there and feel your pain !!!
Whats also cool is the boobs shrink to. Yup Ive gone down 2 bra sizes and im glad because it makes running and walking so much easier.
You will work up to it. I to was a closet runner wanna be. Im not running a full mile yet but I walk run walk run. And I just keep working on my time and try to better each time. And running does give me a good sweat.
MorticiaAddams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 08:08 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 174.2/148.6/145

Height: 5'7"

Default Oh I love Disney!!

When we lived in Florida we had passes and went ALL the time. Now we live in Ohio so no Disney.

That is a GREAT Modivator. I'm sorry that your excitement is down because of the weight issues, but I know you can do it!! Imagine how much more energy you will have too!

Hugs,
diamond_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 08:16 AM   #12  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

WOW, I just checked out the Cedar Point website I LOVE roller coasters, so now I think I will use a trip to Cedar Point as my reward for getting to/under 200 pounds. I have quite a way to go, but MAN I want to go on some coasters I would save it for my reqard when I reach my ultimate goal, but once I get below 200, I don't know what my final goal will be since I haven't weighed under 200 pounds since junior high
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 11:01 AM   #13  

It was so fun, you should go! Did you read about Top Thrill Dragster and Millenium Force on the site? They are... very thrilling..
Old 09-27-2005, 06:52 AM   #14  
Disney here I come!!!

Default wow!

I can't believe that you all feel the same way. I thought I was obsessively freaking out and now that I know it is justified I feel TONS better!

diamond girl: thank you for the encouragement!!

Morticia: You know something, I was psyched to read that your boob size went down. My friends would think Im nuts but **** Id love to feel what its like to actually lay down and not have to shimmy them outta my armpits That is also a great idea walking and running.

Josie: I found the same. I stopped eating what I KNOW I am not suppose to and just being sensible I found I still think about food 24/7 what meal is next type of thing. I wonder if that will ever go away?!?

Almostheaven: Imagine if they actually widened the seats on airplanes! I swear I would be floored! As for exercise I know that little is better than none. I tend to throw myself into things and then get discouraged when I cant do as much. But I think you are right..to mix it up a bit it wont seem so bad!

chick: ooooo ice cream cone!! Good idea?! Any brand you like best?

thank you everyone for the motivation and tips!!
Old 09-27-2005, 10:33 AM   #15  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by motivated.one
Almostheaven: Imagine if they actually widened the seats on airplanes! I swear I would be floored!
You mean they didn't? The first time I got on an airplane after losing a chunk of my weight, it was soooo comfortable. No armrests digging into my rather wide expanse of rearend, no squirming in a sit molded to fit my body, no feeling like a trapped rat everytime I needed to reach under the seat to pull something from my bag when my body was blocking the whole seat area, no fear of sticking my butt in people's faces while trying to navigate the small aisle to the bathroom, no fear of being too large to turn around to actually USE the bathroom. It was a liberating experience.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote