Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-14-2005, 09:17 PM   #1  
I admit it..I'm a "Loser"

Default ~WATER~ any tips are greatly appreciated.

I understand the importance of drinking alot of water throughout the day, however I am having a hard time convincing my hand to reach for my water bottle lol.
UUUggg...I am only getting in perhap around 25 fl. oz a day of just plain old H2O.
I prepare my water bottles at night, and throw them in the freezer so that they are nice and icy cold the next morning, but never manage to get drink more than 1 1/2 of my 16.9 oz bottles.
It's thought that perhaps adding crystal light to my water might help me to increase my intake...but I really don't like any of the flavors I have tried so far.
I have completely cut out soda, all kinds. (I don't drink diet soda cause I hate that nasty after taste)
I WAS, before Sept 1st..drinking nearly a 12 pack of regular Coke or Pepsi a day.
I actually don't miss drinking soda AT ALL and I am saving a lot of money lol

Anyway's I welcome any idea's that you might have that will help me drink more water.
DesertDustBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 09:39 PM   #2  

WOW!! That is a lot of pop in a day! It normally takes me a whole day to drink one or two cans. I am a slow drinker lol. There is always an open can in my fridge because I can never even finish 1 can lol.

Have you tried tea? Iced or sun? I found a couple crystal lites that wasn't bad but I can't remember what they were. It has been awhile.

What about flavored waters? I am not sure what the calories or anything are. It has been forever since I have bought them. But I do remember they taste pretty good.

Ice water with a lemon rubbed on the mouth area and then dropped into the water? Or a lime?

I don't know about anything else. But I will be watching to see what others say! I could always use some tips on this too! Great topic Lisa!
TMunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 09:46 PM   #3  

Well, I tried the Walmart flavored water...and got the aftertaste lol

But....I haven't tried squeezing lemon or lime in my water...sounds quite refreshing lol. will try that and see how it goes.

I may just have to get the old duct tape out and tape the water bottle to my lips LMAO..perhaps a permanent H2O IV line right into my veins haha.
I am having a vision of me going on my walks each morning with the dog/leash in one hand and wheeling my IV pole with the other.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:52 PM   #4  

LMAO!!! Sounds like a plan to me! I will join ya with an identicle IV lol. I never can get the water in either. I can't stand water much.

The walmart brand was ok. We tended to buy it more then the crystal light brand because it was cheaper. Both of them I beleive did have an aftertaste though.

Hey... another thought is throwing a few peices of pineapple in the water too! Maybe even grapefruit or a peach? Not sure.. this is something to think about now lol.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Well I'm having trouble drinking alot of water as well...I just don't like the taste of our tap water.

I've been watering down kool-aid with very LITTLE sugar in it. Its the only way I can make sure I get the water in until we get those new water filters put in.
SillyFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 10:04 PM   #6  

Our water is really good...lol compared to city water. We have a well on our property, everyone does out here in in the boonies lol, so our water comes straight from the ground...no added "stuff" to it. No water bills either lol.
I could probably bottle it and make a bomb selling it lol. MMMMmmmm

I do drink "hot" tea every day in fact...I was born and raised in Scotland (I'm a Scotty) so cold tea or "ice" tea...well...eeewwwww lol. when my tea gets cold..it goes down the sink hahaha

ohhh and I make a great cup of tea but i am not usre if you can count that toward your water intake because of it having caffiene in it.

Anyone know if you can or not??

oh and I drink coffee too (lol, I gave up soda (for the sugar reason) but never said anything about giving up caffiene lol)
Old 09-14-2005, 10:10 PM   #7  

Lisa lol.... I don't think it matters... to an extent of course. I was told to watch the calories (I am a calorie counter) because those will add up after awhile. I was told also that caffiene free would be a better choice.

I am the biggest coffee addict lol. I drink coffee like you used to drink pop!! However, I have cut back a lot. I use to make over 6 pots a day and drink them! Now I might make 4, but I share them!! Lol. And now my cup is smaller and I have less splenda in them (as of 2 days ago) lol. So I am still trying to cut back olol.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Sillyfluff.... not a bad idea!
Old 09-14-2005, 10:28 PM   #8  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

I make unsweetened Kool Aid - but I use splenda in place of the sugar....I'm a big fan of splenda - it doesn't have that nasty aftertaste the other sweeteners have.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 10:32 PM   #9  

LMAO Tracy...I was reading your post...and then had to re-read it...I first thought you said you drank 6 CUPS of coffee a day...I was going to say that I drink about that much too...then I re-read your post and seen it was 6 POTS, lol
YIKES....if I drank that much coffee...I would be peeing like a race horse. 6 cups makes me pee like a donkey as it is hahahaha...
Good luck to you on cutting back on the coffee...
mabey we can make a weekly goals up on the other thread.....me..increase my water intake slowly until I reach a good intake amount and you can slowly decrease your pots of coffee....how about it???
Old 09-14-2005, 10:41 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

I love water.. but it has to be ice cold (meaning with lots of ice) and a straw. I seem to be able to drink more of it down that way.

good luck!
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 10:46 PM   #11  

WOW cherie...
I think you may have the solution I need. STRAWS...you know seriously, I do drink more if I have a straw. If I go out to a resturant, I won't drink the glasses of water they offer or even the soda unless they provide straws.
I never even thought of straws....I'm going to run over to my neighbors and see if she has any and if not...will take a ride into town tomorrow and buy some.

thankyou....I think your idea..may work!!
Old 09-14-2005, 11:11 PM   #12  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

Crystal Light Peach Iced Tea... its like crack. its SO good. i think it actually makes the water colder too. it tastes SOOO good... yum.. why does mine have to be at work . i just dump a little into the bottle and shake. i make it a little stronger than it should be, i make one little pot last for 3 12oz bottles. SO good. So SO good
princesspuffypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 12:17 AM   #13  

I used to write on the side of my water jugs with permanent markers. I would have messages on the top, middle, and bottom... like "almost done", "just a little more" ... lol. It's seems a little bit silly, but it worked for me for a while... then just became a habit.
UntilMOMMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 12:55 AM   #14  

Talking

Thanks guys for your suggestions...

ummm..princess..LOL your reply kinda shocked me a little...Crystal Light Peach Iced Tea... its like crack. its SO good. (actually reading this made me choke and spit out my coffee LMAO)...I'm sure that was a....ummm..... typo?? Right??

anyway's...thnks again...lot's of good idea's.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:57 AM   #15  

Lisa, Lol... that is how my hubby is too! One sip and it is time to go to the bathroom lol. I could drink 3 pots and then finally use the bathroom haha. I have a well trained bladder lol. I never use public bathrooms either!!! I have been that way since I can remember. My family hates it. But I think it is nasty! I don't care if I am sick as a dog and don't have a choice... I will not use it haha.

~~~~~~~~

Straws is a good idea too! I may need to check that out too!

~~~~~~~~

UntilMOMMI.... that is cute! Lol. It might sound silly but it sounds like positive reanforcment (sp?) to me!! That is awesome! I might try that too!