3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Weight Loss Support

Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

UNDER-Eaters Anonymous

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2005, 09:45 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
TMunday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: In the country.
Posts: 1,023

Default UNDER-Eaters Anonymous

Hi. I was just wondering if there was anyone else out there like me. Most diets speak of people (not being rude by no means!) who over-eat etc. I have yet to see a diet plan made for people who do not eat!

If you are like me what do you do for weight loss? And any other helpful information you can think of I would love to learn!
__________________
~* Tracy *~


~*~ Quit Smoking:... 5/16/05 ~*~
TMunday is offline  
Old 08-25-2005, 10:03 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario's West Coast
Posts: 14,065

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Default

I read your post a few minutes ago and have been kinda thinking about it while I was surfing .... I wonder if you'd try posting everything you do eat for a couple of days. Every drink, candy, bit of gum, lick of the spoon and the amounts ... if you're game. A few of us could have a look and see what we think??? Might be worth a shot?
__________________
... Susan
Eat good food. Move yourself. Lift something.

You'll be surprised how much you don't miss grain.
srmb60 is offline  
Old 08-25-2005, 10:11 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
TMunday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: In the country.
Posts: 1,023

Default

Ok... here is yesterday and today. All my eating is done at home cooked by us. I am trying to follow the 3 hour diet by eating every 3 hours (6 meals/snacks a day) so there is alot of food here. Normally I only eat dinner and a snack later.

yesterday:
cheerios and 2% milk (serving size)
2 fried (in I can't believe it's not butter spray) eggs
2 pc's. turkey bacon
english muffin w/ brummel and brown spread
coffee w/ splenda and powdered creamer throughout the morning
pork chop
salad (large)
water
1/2 of a pack of 100 cal. pack cheese nips
diet coke w/ splenda
2 OM hot dogs
2 buns
maybe 7 fries
diet coke w/ splenda
banana

today:
cherios and milk
coffee
oatmeal
1 pc. balogna on 2 pc's. wheat bread
peanut butter on 2 pc's. wheat bread
diet coke
1 1/2 small home made burgers 1 1/2 buns
10 fries
same diet coke as earlier
banana
__________________
~* Tracy *~


~*~ Quit Smoking:... 5/16/05 ~*~
TMunday is offline  
Old 08-25-2005, 10:51 PM   #4
Ilene the Bean
 
Ilene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 12,135

S/C/G: 165/149/140

Height: 5'3"

Default

Tmundy -- is it that you don't eat much and still gain, or that you're hungry

Here are my 2 cents on yesterday's menu:
cheerios -- maybe pick some higher fibre cereal, something more filling and unprocessed like oatmeal, I LOVE oatmeal I should make the commercials ...
2 fried (in I can't believe it's not butter spray) eggs -- Try one whole egg and 2-4 egg white for extra protein, will keep you fuller longer....
coffee w/ splenda and powdered creamer throughout the morning -- POWDERED CREAMER , people still use that? , if you think you are doing yourself a favour by using this...read here : http://www.vegparadise.com/news24.html
Quote:
The principal ingredients in all of these nondairy creamers are sugars and vegetable oils. The three brands contain partially hydrogenated oils loaded with trans fats. The Coffee-mate label indicates the oil could be any of the following: coconut, palm kernel, soybean, cottonseed, or safflower. The sugars are a combination of corn syrup, maltodextrin, and sugar.
OK, I'm off my soap box...
1/2 of a pack of 100 cal. pack cheese nips -- This would lead me to a binge because it is so not filling... Try having cottage cheese with a fruit, a whey protein shake with fruit...
diet coke w/ splenda
2 OM hot dogs
2 buns
maybe 7 fries
diet coke w/ splenda
-- Well I think we all know that hot dogs are as processed as they come some chicken, lean ground beef patties or steak even would be more filling and keep you fuller longer.... Fries , have a real potato or sweet potato or brown or white rice, much more filling again and healthier...

Today's menu also had french fries... and really I don't see where you are eating too little but I feel you are eating too processed if anything...

Hope this helps...
__________________
I l e n e
Falling down is not failure....Failure is staying down.

Ilene is offline  
Old 08-25-2005, 11:34 PM   #5
it's always something
 
Suzanne 3FC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 14,796

Default

I've read the 3 Hour Diet and this doesn't look like the kind of food Jorge Cruise recommends. Do you have the book, or are you basing your plan loosely on the idea of eating every 3 hours? The book has a lot of sample menus that look good, and our very friendly Jorge Cruise members post their menus and recipes, so that might help

Tracy, I've been in your shoes before. There was a time when I only ate dinner and a snack. I worked all day in an office out of town, spent a lot of time on the highway, was too rushed to eat breakfast, and wasn't hungry at lunch time so I didn't eat until dinner. Obviously my dinner choices weren't that good, and I didn't exercise at all. I was at my heaviest weight then, and didn't start losing until I paid more attention to my meals and made a point of eating 3 meals and 2 snacks daily, and added exercise to my routine.

You might want to consider paying closer attention to breakfast, in particular, since people that skip breakfast are more likely to be overweight. I know it's hard to break habits, but we can change how we eat. Keep a food log, follow a diet such as the 3 hour diet as closely to the written plan as possible, and you'll get used to it
__________________
...
Suzanne 3FC is offline  
Old 08-25-2005, 11:44 PM   #6
Ilene the Bean
 
Ilene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 12,135

S/C/G: 165/149/140

Height: 5'3"

Default

OOOPS TMundy I didn't realise you were on the Jorge Cruise plan...I have NO idea what that plan consists of...
__________________
I l e n e
Falling down is not failure....Failure is staying down.

Ilene is offline  
Old 08-26-2005, 12:26 AM   #7
All That's Left of Me
 
amandaholly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Michigan (South East, Lower)
Posts: 370

Default

I can totally relate. I'm not trying to lose weight the wrong way, and I am aware that I am definately developing an issue. As my signature states, I have been dieting since July 1st. I use the term dieting loosely...very loosely! I eat a lot of whole foods...tuna in the pouch, fresh fruit and vegetables, organic whole grain flax seed and bran cereal, skim milk...you know, real healthy stuff. I eat every 2-3 hours beginning about an hour after I get up, and stopping before bed. I'm never hungry...I supplement whey protein shakes (not as a meal, but rather added to my mini meals to up my protein intake. The problem is that when I get done at the end of the day, and I add up my calories, I rarely eat more than 900...and a lot of times I am disturbed to find that I have eaten a sickeningly low calorie level (like 400-500). I know how bad this is...I'm just NEVER hungry. Food has lost all appeal with me. I eat a lot of healthy food, how can I make my plan more healthy?

Amanda
__________________
AMANDA

In the Beginning: 07/01/05 - 211 lbs, Jeans: Lane Bryant Size 18/20

**Current Stats**: 12/18/05 - 154 lbs, Jeans: The Gap Size 10

Goal #1 : 25 lbs *GOAL MET*

Goal #2 : 50 lbs *GOAL MET*

Goal #3 : 60 lbs

Goal #4 : 70 lbs

Goal #5 : 80 lbs

Final Goal : Jean Size: 5/7


**My Personal WebSpace**


**My Food and Exercise Log**
amandaholly is offline  
Old 08-26-2005, 12:46 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
TMunday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: In the country.
Posts: 1,023

Default

Quote:
Tmundy -- is it that you don't eat much and still gain, or that you're hungry
It is normally that I do NOT eat at all except for dinner and a snack after that while watching tv. The last week I have been eating 4 to 6 meals/snacks in a day.

Hope this helps...
Quote:
Here are my 2 cents on yesterday's menu:
cheerios -- maybe pick some higher fibre cereal, something more filling and unprocessed like oatmeal, I LOVE oatmeal I should make the commercials ...
2 fried (in I can't believe it's not butter spray) eggs -- Try one whole egg and 2-4 egg white for extra protein, will keep you fuller longer....
coffee w/ splenda and powdered creamer throughout the morning -- POWDERED CREAMER , people still use that? , if you think you are doing yourself a favour by using this...read here : http://www.vegparadise.com/news24.html OK, I'm off my soap box...
1/2 of a pack of 100 cal. pack cheese nips -- This would lead me to a binge because it is so not filling... Try having cottage cheese with a fruit, a whey protein shake with fruit...
diet coke w/ splenda
2 OM hot dogs
2 buns
maybe 7 fries
diet coke w/ splenda
-- Well I think we all know that hot dogs are as processed as they come some chicken, lean ground beef patties or steak even would be more filling and keep you fuller longer.... Fries , have a real potato or sweet potato or brown or white rice, much more filling again and healthier...

Today's menu also had french fries... and really I don't see where you are eating too little but I feel you are eating too processed if anything...
These are not a typical days of eating so many meals/snacks in a day. We have had a couple of lazy meals because I have not had the energy. Normally we have good meals with lots of veggies. For example one dinner the other night was SBD recipe pork chops, steamed brocolli, steamed fresh green beans, salad, 1/2 cup mashed potatoes, with diet coke. That is a typical meal... most of the time one veggie and a salad though.

I am never hungry. That is why I am finding it hard to eat. The 100 cal. pack cheese nip things didn't make me hungry at all. I didn't hardly even eat them. I was not hungry.

I am going to have to check out what you said about powdered creamer. I usd to use milk but everyone said that was better.
__________________
~* Tracy *~


~*~ Quit Smoking:... 5/16/05 ~*~
TMunday is offline  
Old 08-26-2005, 12:55 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
TMunday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: In the country.
Posts: 1,023

Default

Quote:
I've read the 3 Hour Diet and this doesn't look like the kind of food Jorge Cruise recommends. Do you have the book, or are you basing your plan loosely on the idea of eating every 3 hours? The book has a lot of sample menus that look good, and our very friendly Jorge Cruise members post their menus and recipes, so that might help
I do have the book. It is just taking me some time to read it. I started trying to eat 6 meals/snacks a day before the book even arrived here. I am just eating this way based on what my doctor told me while I was pregnant (6 years ago) with gestational diabetes.... 3 meals and 3 snacks a day. That is basically what I am going by at this point. I am only on like page 58 in the 3 hour diet book. So I have tons to read yet on that.

Quote:
Tracy, I've been in your shoes before. There was a time when I only ate dinner and a snack. I worked all day in an office out of town, spent a lot of time on the highway, was too rushed to eat breakfast, and wasn't hungry at lunch time so I didn't eat until dinner. Obviously my dinner choices weren't that good, and I didn't exercise at all. I was at my heaviest weight then, and didn't start losing until I paid more attention to my meals and made a point of eating 3 meals and 2 snacks daily, and added exercise to my routine.

You might want to consider paying closer attention to breakfast, in particular, since people that skip breakfast are more likely to be overweight. I know it's hard to break habits, but we can change how we eat. Keep a food log, follow a diet such as the 3 hour diet as closely to the written plan as possible, and you'll get used to it
I thought my choices were healthy ones. (Not the ones above of course!!!) Most of my meals are from the SBD cookbook or WW cookbooks. (Look in my site link below) We have always been picky eaters. Brocolli cauliflower and stuff like that is kind of new to us still. But we are looking for healthier foods.

My husband is losing weight without much struggle! And we eat the same things! I just don't eat the amount he does.. but he is much bigger! I am 4 feet 11 and he is 6 feet 2! Lol.

I am trying to read eveything I can get my hands on so I can learn all there is to learn and find the plan best for me. I hope something gives soon.


My site: You can see some of the stuff I like to cook and eat... click on the page that says favorites... http://www.freewebs.com/tracym04/.
__________________
~* Tracy *~


~*~ Quit Smoking:... 5/16/05 ~*~
TMunday is offline  
Old 08-26-2005, 12:56 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
TMunday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: In the country.
Posts: 1,023

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene
OOOPS TMundy I didn't realise you were on the Jorge Cruise plan...I have NO idea what that plan consists of...
I am not fully on it yet. I have just started reading the book. I am just trying to eat several meals/snacks in a day until I read the whole book. I mentioned it in my other reply about this.
__________________
~* Tracy *~


~*~ Quit Smoking:... 5/16/05 ~*~
TMunday is offline  
Old 08-26-2005, 01:00 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
TMunday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: In the country.
Posts: 1,023

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaholly
I can totally relate. I'm not trying to lose weight the wrong way, and I am aware that I am definately developing an issue. As my signature states, I have been dieting since July 1st. I use the term dieting loosely...very loosely! I eat a lot of whole foods...tuna in the pouch, fresh fruit and vegetables, organic whole grain flax seed and bran cereal, skim milk...you know, real healthy stuff. I eat every 2-3 hours beginning about an hour after I get up, and stopping before bed. I'm never hungry...I supplement whey protein shakes (not as a meal, but rather added to my mini meals to up my protein intake. The problem is that when I get done at the end of the day, and I add up my calories, I rarely eat more than 900...and a lot of times I am disturbed to find that I have eaten a sickeningly low calorie level (like 400-500). I know how bad this is...I'm just NEVER hungry. Food has lost all appeal with me. I eat a lot of healthy food, how can I make my plan more healthy?

Amanda
Boy are we kind of on the same page! Except I cannot afford those good foods. I have to make the best out of the cheaper healthy foods. We are low income so we have to spend very wisely. But I am never hungry either!!! I can literally have a hershey bar on my desk for over a year!!! I did this once!!! My hubby couldn't be it!! I wish I could figure this out for the both of us!
__________________
~* Tracy *~


~*~ Quit Smoking:... 5/16/05 ~*~
TMunday is offline  
Old 08-26-2005, 01:50 AM   #12
Member
 
AllieNVegas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 74

S/C/G: 298/288/175

Default

Tracy,

I am a big fan of Leslie Sansone dvds. Which WATP ones do you do? I am still on the 2 mile.
__________________
I'm In it to Win It!

Allie in Vegas
AllieNVegas is offline  
Old 08-26-2005, 08:23 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
TMunday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: In the country.
Posts: 1,023

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieNVegas
Tracy,

I am a big fan of Leslie Sansone dvds. Which WATP ones do you do? I am still on the 2 mile.
Good morning. I have tons that I do! Here is the list.... the one's marked with the * are my favorites


1 mile express
2 mile express
2 mile walk strong express *
3 mile express
4 mile super challenge express ***
1 mile w/ abs belt
2 mile w/ abs belt
3 mile w/ ebs belt
Walk Strong
Walk Diet
Leslie's You Can Do Yoga
Leslie's You Can Do Pilates

I have a very hard time doing the "you can do" videos. I had the you can do with the ball but I sold it because it hurt my back way to much. I also have some denise austin and tae bo videos. But I prefer Leslie over any and all exercises.

I currently have not been doing any exercising. My back has been out and bothering me so I have not been able to do much of anything. But I am hoping to get that together very soon.
__________________
~* Tracy *~


~*~ Quit Smoking:... 5/16/05 ~*~
TMunday is offline  
Old 08-26-2005, 09:24 AM   #14
Ilene the Bean
 
Ilene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 12,135

S/C/G: 165/149/140

Height: 5'3"

Default

Have you had your thyroid checked recently?
Ilene is offline  
Old 08-26-2005, 09:27 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario's West Coast
Posts: 14,065

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Default

4'11" and 6'2" ! My husband isn't that much taller than me but he loses easier than I do too. More muscle those darned men!

You're very smart, doing all that reading. I'm finding that a lot of successful slimmers, read everything they can get their hands on and then sort of make up what works for them.

I can relate with the needing to be frugal with the grocery money thing. I love diet coke. So 'we're' on the same page there. That's the thing I like about 3fc, there's always someone to relate to.

Now, the food ... I think the SBD dinners you're talking about sound great. Even what you listed at the top there could be tweaked to be much healthier (and cheaper). Simply watch the fats you added, salad dressing, egg yolks, bacon, try lower fat milk .... try leaner proteins like egg whites, tuna, fish, chicken, no fat cottage cheese ... you already know about the vegetables.
For instance that one dinner of hamburgers ... if you had just the patties, a vegetable and salad? It'd be much bigger and really good for you.

That's fun ... I wish more people would post their ordinary diet and let us fool with it. Thanks Tracy.
__________________
... Susan
Eat good food. Move yourself. Lift something.

You'll be surprised how much you don't miss grain.
srmb60 is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:20 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2