Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-25-2005, 08:31 AM   #1  

Default Getting headaches

I've been on a diet for almost a week now and I'm getting headaches. I've been eating five times a day but I'm not really sure why this is happening. Even before when I used to go on a diet eating three meals a day I will get headaches. I also try to drink more than 12 glasses of water a day and exercise.

When I'm not on a diet I normally eat once or twice a day but I never get headaches. Can anyone help?

Thanks Beloved
Beloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 09:55 AM   #2  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Can you give anymore info? Like "what" are you eating, and how many calories, and how much exercise do you do a day? You may be eating too much of one thing and not enough of another (ie: too many carbs and not enough protein), or you may not be eating enough. Just because you eat 5 times, doesn't mean you're still taking in enough calories in comparison to your body weight and the amount of exercise you do.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 10:17 AM   #3  

Also, are you having the 12 glasses of water in place of caffinated drinks? Caffine is a stimulant and headaches are common if you suddenly cut it out of your diet all together. If you previously drank lots of coffee, tea, soda, etc. and then switched to nothing but water that may be the cause. If that is the case your body should adjust in a matter of days and the headaches will subside.
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 01:08 PM   #4  

In addition to caffeine withdrawal, you may also be going through a sugar withdrawal. People who consume lots of sugar sometimes experience headaches when they cut back dramatically. That, too, will pass.
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 05:09 AM   #5  

To all of you thanks for responding to my question.

I'm not a coffaeine addict but I'm definitely a sugar addict. Funniegrrl is on the mark! I love chocolates and sugar. I used to have more than four teaspoons in my coffee or tea. But since I've been on the diet I've cut it out completely. The only sugar I eat is from fruit. I believe that's the reason why I have this subtle headaches. Do you think they will end or what am I supposed to do?
Beloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 09:48 AM   #6  

I was also a sugar addict and the same thing happened to me when I started. I don't remember exactly how long it lasted but I know it wasn't any longer than a couple of weeks. Usually I just tried to ignore them but when they got bad I did take ibuprofen for it and it helped. The good news is...since the headaches have stopped I have hardly ever had a headache since, and I tended to get them quite often before I started losing weight.
KayElle is offline   Reply With Quote