Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-15-2005, 12:36 AM   #16  

Years ago when Phen-fen was all the rage, I wanted to copy a friend and try it. The phen-fen combo was not being prescribed in Canada, so my MD gave me Pondimin, the appetite suppressant half of the combo. It was the first and only time in my life when I was truly not very interested in food. It was wonderful, but without the wake-up half of the combo, I was so drowsy and slept so much that I decided to quit taking it. And soon the whole thing was banned.

I had no health problems as a result of the drug, and it was a revelation to find out what people who aren't obsessed with food feel like. Sad to say, that feeling is a dim memory. If I could find a new drug that would once again turn me into the person who didn't HAVE to finish the whole thing, I would jump on board so fast...

I firmly believe in exercise, and realize it's all a matter of calories in/out. But I'm sure not against chemical help to damp down the fires of my cravings!

Carla (who is going to ask her MD about prescribing Meridia...)
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 03:47 PM   #17  

Height: 5'5"

Thank You Familtbiggirl- I appreciate your support. I too was surprised that I was jumped on in such a manner. I have been a lurker on this site for a while and felt it was very open-minded and supportive. Needless to say, I was surprised at the manner in which I was "chastised."

Jennifer

p.s. Carla- good luck with the Meridia!
Chamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 11:54 PM   #18  
No pain, No gain...darn.

I just wanted to chime in and comment on a couple of things! I'm such a freaky worrier (which is probably a good thing) when it comes to diet pills (OTC or prescription). After trying two kinds in the past, I found out that my worries were valid.

Before Ephedra was illegal, I tried Xenadrine. WHOA!!!!! Aphil, you hit the nail on the head with your description of the feeling. WAY FAR OUT! The first night, I made the mistake of taking one at 10pm...and I stayed up exercising and cleaning until 5 freakin' o'clock the next morning!!! Needless to say...not good. Idiot me, I continued to take them for one day- big mistake...huge. I was like a crack-cocaine addict needing another hit (is that what they do...hits...?...whatever). I threw the rest of them away.

I also tried another one last year...can't remember the name of it...it comes in a very 'prescription-looking' bottle. I guess to give you the impression that it's official and will get the job done. I only took them one day also. They didn't have ephedra in them. They did make me kinda lightheaded. It scared me so I stopped taking them.

I have a friend who is currently 250-300 lbs. She has fluctuated over the years with her weight. In the past, she was able to lose with diet pills and the easier ways out. Now, she can't. She has a slow thyroid (which I think might have something to do with messing with her metabolism with diets, pills, etc.). So, now she doesn't have a choice but to exercise and do it the RIGHT way. If she'd done that in the first place, she probably wouldn't have struggled so much and it wouldn't be so hard now.

Familybiggirl...I looked into Zantrex3 the other day and I found out that it's nothing but loads and loads of caffeine...scary.
PrincessCherryJewel is offline   Reply With Quote