Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-06-2005, 08:44 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

The best kind would be an apple that is a little bit tart when raw...Red Delicious apples are great for eating raw, but a little more tart one (like Gala, Granny Smith, or other apple that is good in a pie or cobbler) would work great for this.
It does not "have" to be covered, but you can cover it. The best thing to do is to make sure and check it so you do not overcook it and dry it out.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 08:02 PM   #17  

Wow.. Aphil.. I'm trying that Apple trick too!
dona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 03:14 PM   #18  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA85 View Post
My suggestion...get sugar free pudding and cool whip free. It's about 75 calories combined, and is still yummy. Other than that, you can find sugar free fudgesicles and creamsicles, or snack on a few tootsie rolls....low in fat and calories.

If you'd rather not have that kind of stuff, try strawberries and Cool Whip Free. That should satisfy a sweet tooth!

Wonderful suggestions!!
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 04:23 PM   #19  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Personally, I disagree with the recommendations that you can have anything, only in smaller portions. I have eliminated most flour based products from my diet and those that are left are strictly whole wheat with a fairly decent amount of protein. I watch the labels like a hawk - grocery shopping takes me a long time because I always compare, compare, compare and try to make the best possible choices.
Carbs are evil and the more you eat them the more cravings for carbs you will have. And the sugar free pudding and cool whip are not really sugar free. The sugar free stuff most likely contains artificial sweeteners and cool whip is full of chemicals ...yuck.
It doesn't mean that I don't eat bagels, for example. But I buy President's Choice cinnamon raisin bagels, each is 140 calories and 5 g of protein. With a lick of peanut butter, they are a delicious snack that is not only a snack but a mini-meal. Ice cream - for the first time in my life, I got some Skinny Cow ice cream bars last night. The caramel ones are 100 calories each but I don't recall other details. I was surprised how good the ice cream bar was. But that is only a very exceptional treat for me. Most of my carbs are compled ones and the siimple ones come from fruit. I stick to an extremely clean diet.

(P.S.
RockinRobin - thanks for teaching me to eat spinach, blueberries and orange every single day!)

Oooops - I am sorry - I think I made a mistake- I think it was Glory87 who posted about Super Foods?

Last edited by Tomato; 07-03-2009 at 04:25 PM.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote