Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-29-2005, 12:59 AM   #16  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

" a very large brick.." LOL Hi, Brick! Nice to meet ya. I'm the saggy baggy elephant. Gotta have a sense of humor, eh?

I was talking to my sister, and made a comment, "I wasn't invited to the bachelorette party because they don't want your fat older sister tagging along...?" Then I realized (to myself) that I am not "fat" anymore, and my sister is now heavier than me. Its so weird how the mental image of myself is so much stronger than reality.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 10:32 AM   #17  

Talking

Congratulations to all who are pursuing their goals and achieving them. This is an interesting thread and I just thought I would post a note because I too am re-learning how to shop.
Ladies repeat after me: I love my body. I am working hard to lose weight and heal myself. I promise to love my body and appreciate my curves. I know that continued success can only come through love of self, not criticisim. I am beautiful.
If necessary repeat this daily until you believe it
Now for some clothing suggestions.It is a good thing to invest in new clothing as you lose weight because baggy clothes actually make you look larger. There are a lot of pretty A-line skirts (very flattering ) out there for summer, and they are pretty cheap right now. Long layered skirts with a basic camisole tank top are also a good choice. Try not to invest too much money unless you plan to have your clothing tailored. Target has a decent selection of tops for summer. If you pick up a Marie Claire magazine they usually have a section where real women are dressed appropriately according to their figures. They also have a section where they suggest different blouses, pants, jeans etc. based on your figure. Good Luck!

Sub
subpremeprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 11:11 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 185/185/150

Height: 5'4"

Lane Bryant is a great place to shop. They specialize in clothes for women with a body. Unlike other places that are more interested in dressing the manequins, than the people. They are trendy, know to show off the beautiful legs of women.. Also, don't buy anything and wear it thinking that it will fit better in 5-10lbs.. tight clothes are the worst for telling the whole truth about our bodies.. it is better to look classy, than trendy. Trends come and go, but class is forever..
debi d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 12:13 PM   #19  
Haley

Have to disagree about Lane Bryant, I'm big and I don't even fit into their clothes, normall I'm a 16/18 in regular stores and I can't even fit into their smallest size.
haleys is offline   Reply With Quote