Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-27-2005, 06:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Default proud of myself

I've been having a hard time getting myself motivated to exercise. I had been walking on my lunch break 3 days a week, about .7 miles to 1.5 miles depending on the day. But I couldn't get myself to wake up early and exercise to my DVD. Today I did woohooo!! I exercised in the morning, and then walked at lunch (.7 mile).

I feel really good today, so I just need to remember this, and make myself get up again tomorrow morning I had been doing ok with my WW diet, but I know to speed things up and to help myself feel and look better, I needed to add in exercise.

~Liz
Lizzyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 07:03 PM   #2  

Good Job!! I know that is one of my biggest challanges is finding time to excersize. The only thing that works for me too is getting up early and throwing in a dvd.. It is really hard to convince myself in the mornings though not to hit snooze .. Congrats!
dona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 07:07 PM   #3  
Alis Volat Propriis

Congratulations, Lizzy! Every day you make yourself do it is another day closer to it becoming second nature! I just started WW last week and haven't gotten around to exercising yet. But you know what.... to celebrate YOUR victory today, I'm going to at least work out with my hand weights at home. That's a promise! Yay for you!
Quite-a-Handful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 07:12 PM   #4  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I look at it differently. If it's that hard getting up to do it, and you feel you have to make yourself, it's not the right time. Because if you feel you have to make yourself do it, you're going to make excuses against it until you might finally find yourself pulling away from it. I'd say this is the perfect time to change your exercise time or routine to something that you don't feel you have to force yourself to do, but something that you look forward to doing.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 07:57 PM   #5  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

I exersised today to. It was a hot bike ride and I was dreading it the whole way out the door to get my bike out of the garage and on the way there I was telling myself im not going to run today it just to hot.
I always say these things to myself.
But I know if I dont do it I will keep putting it off and thats where my down slide comes.
Theres days when I say I cant wait to get to the gym , and theres been days when Im just pounting like a little brat saying I dont wanna go.
But I end up getting there and as soon as I get my heart rate up im good to go.
Working out is good and fun but its always the getting there that I hate.
Good going on getting a good workout in today. And keep it up.
MorticiaAddams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 06:44 PM   #6  

Thanks for the support!!

I didn't exercise today, my muscles were still a little sore, and besides, its my birthday lol

AH, I understand what you're saying, but right now, morning is the only time that I can really exercise. By the time I get home from work, I'm just so tired and don't feel like doing it, and will find every excuse to NOT exercise. I really liked how much more awake I felt yesterday morning after exercising, so I know that mornings right now would be the best time. I love sleeping late, so thats why I had a hard time convincing myself to get up in the morning. I hate getting up for work

Quite a handful... did ya work out with your weights??

MA
Quote:
But I end up getting there and as soon as I get my heart rate up im good to go.
I felt the same way yesterday, as soon as I got going, I was fine, and felt great!

Thanks again!! I will be getting up tomorrow morning!

~Liz
Old 06-29-2005, 08:47 AM   #7  
stbakd

:hp: '19' again. try your muscile will get better. glen
hefty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 09:02 AM   #8  
Alis Volat Propriis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzyg
Quite a handful... did ya work out with your weights??
Liz! I did! i have you to thank for that, since I made you a promise and HAD to keep it! LOL I did them Monday AND Tuesday nights. Very light, since I'm easing my wa back into it. But I did it -- and crunches as well. My goal is to get tot eh gym to use the treadmill three nights a week and then water aerobics the other two, and use my weights at home three nights. I did that for three months last year and lost 32 pounds. But then I went away on a business trip, slacked off and never got back into it. But... this is a fresh start. So thank you again for your motivation.. and for following up!
Quite-a-Handful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 09:10 AM   #9  

You should be proud of yourself, that is wonderful. When I make myself exercise I try not to think just of being thinner, but imagine your heart pumping, getting stronger, your body becoming healthier. Try it next time you begin exercising! It is great motivation (at least for me).
CA85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 03:36 PM   #10  
Blonde Bimbo

Quote:
AH, I understand what you're saying, but right now, morning is the only time that I can really exercise. By the time I get home from work, I'm just so tired and don't feel like doing it, and will find every excuse to NOT exercise. I really liked how much more awake I felt yesterday morning after exercising, so I know that mornings right now would be the best time. I love sleeping late, so thats why I had a hard time convincing myself to get up in the morning. I hate getting up for work
I went through the same spell. But I found myself getting up to go for my morning run/walk, looking outside and thinking "It's too dark", "It's raining/gonna rain", "I need more sleep, it's too early", and would ultimately talk myself out of it first occasionally, then more frequently. So I tried exercising after work. I'd get in the door and plop down at the computer. So I decided to utilize our health club and kept my gym bag in the car. No computer, no interruptions from home, straight from work to the gym. That one worked for me. If mornings just start becoming too difficult that you find yourself laying off exercise more often than you should, try various routines until you do find one that works really well for you.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:01 PM   #11  

Quote:
So I decided to utilize our health club and kept my gym bag in the car. No computer, no interruptions from home, straight from work to the gym. That one worked for me.
Thats great that you have a health club to use!! I know when I was doing curves a few years ago, I found too, that the best way for me to actually go, was to have the stuff in my car waiting, and not even go home first. That way, like you said, there weren't any interruptions and you went straight there. Hopefully when I get my car back, and we have 2 incomes coming in here, I'll be able to join back up at curves, and will most likely do the same thing

I got up again today!! woohoo!! It was easier today to get up and exercise. So hopefully each day it will get easier and easier to get up early. I also walked again at lunch, the .7 miles so that helped too!

Thank you again for your support here!!

~Liz

Last edited by Lizzyg; 06-29-2005 at 08:38 PM.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:28 PM   #12  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

Quote:
Hopefully when I get my car back, and we have 2 incomes coming in here, I'll be able to join back up at curves, and will most likely do the same thing
~Liz

Hey

Liz I had my car stolen while I was at work. Come to find out I dont live to far from our Community Center that was offering free Fitness Center because it was just built and I ride my bike up to work out. And the fees that they charged were not to bad. I got a family of four for one year at $150
Do they have one close to you in Jackson ?
MorticiaAddams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 08:34 PM   #13  

hmm... you know, I'm not too sure

My stupid car broke down a few months ago, so we are down to one car, and just one income right now. I hate, HATE not having my own car. My boyfriend has to drive me around everywhere because I cant drive his car. Well, I could if I knew how lol its a stick shift, and I cant seem to get the hang of it

I'll have to check into that, and see if there is something similar around here. I have no idea whats around Jackson, we moved here in September of last year, and I still don't know the city that much.

Thanks for the idea, I will have to ask around!

Where at in MI are you?

~Liz
Old 06-30-2005, 09:32 AM   #14  
Blonde Bimbo

Quote:
My boyfriend has to drive me around everywhere because I cant drive his car. Well, I could if I knew how lol its a stick shift, and I cant seem to get the hang of it
I must commiserate with your BF. I got so tired of hubby grinding my gears that I bought him an automatic. He's not allowed to drive my car either. LOL But I can drive his. Boy that's fun. My parents have actually bought a new car that is BOTH! Never saw one like that. But you can change it to manual and move the gearshift over to a new set of gears and drive it just like a stick...but without a clutch of course. Or switch it back to automatic. I shoulda bought one of those.

About my gym, we already had a clubhouse membership as it was part of our lease on our apartment complex. But I only used it for the hot tub on my bad back...a bad back which got better with weight loss BTW. So this was a perfect opportunity for me to actually get some use out of the rest of it.
Old 06-30-2005, 02:30 PM   #15  
Bye bye baby weight!!

S/C/G: 242/233/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Liz-Great job getting up in the morning. I get up every morning at 530 so that I can be at the gym from 6-7 and then I go to work. It is the only time that I will go without fail because there is nowhere else that I need to be at 6am . I definitely had a hard time at first getting up but now I wake up without my alarm clock!! That's awesome that it is getting easier for you too!! I think that as long as we make a habit of it and remember how good we feel when we are done, any time of day that we pick CAN work. Good luck!!
leannealise is offline   Reply With Quote