Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-13-2005, 08:42 PM   #1  
On my way!

Red face support please!

I stumbled onto this site by happy accident. I need some help getting healthy, and losing weight...I read a post about a girl who went to the doctor and got on the scale...That's me too! I went last week and was shocked to learn I've pushed it to 160.5 lbs. EEEEK! So I've decided to lose. I've upped my water consumption (less soda!) I've been to the grocery store and bought fruits and veggies. I've decided to cut back my meat consumption. I've implemented running and some weight training since that fateful day last week. (I am always open to anymore healthy suggestions that anyone else has.) I think I know how to get healthy I really just want to share the experience with people who are doing the same thing. I have some friends on a fad diet-maybe some of you have researched the blood type thing. It doesn't appeal to me. I just want to get myself healthy, and in that process I'll lose weight I'm sure! (30 pounds hopefully) The biggest problem when you lose without fads: it takes soooo long! That's where the support comes in...In truth-

I don't want to be the chubby girl anymore!!!

I wish you all the best. Lets all stick together and maybe we can do this.
notthechubbygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 08:55 PM   #2  

Wink DiabeticFatty

Honey, 160 lbs. You ain't too chubby. I am 5 ft. 2" and weigh 165.00
Yuck! I could use a little cheer for Weight Watchers. I don't know what to do to stop wanting to drink delicious beer. Food is not my enemy. Beer is. I love the feeling and the taste! HHHHHHEEEEELLLPPPP
TDRapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 09:39 PM   #3  
On my way!

I'm so here for you! I'm 5'3 and 160.5. I only have an inch on you! We can do this. Where do you want to be in a few months?

Start: 160.5
Goal: 130

This is my lofty goal. I'm trying to do it with posts on this site as my support. If you need a cheerleader for WW I'm here. I've seen one of my friends go down almost 60 pounds in the last year with that.

Truth be told...I'm light in the wallet and doing it on my own because I can't afford a gym membership, or membership to anything else for that matter. I'm hoping this will work!

Last edited by notthechubbygirl; 06-13-2005 at 09:43 PM.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:50 PM   #4  

It will work! I am 5'2" and 170 and damn proud to be here. I started at 244! My goal is also 130, it doesn't seem far now with how much I have lost. Though, I can't remember the last time I weighed that much - probably Jr. High! I know you can do it. You don't need money either! Especially because it is summer you can find plenty to do for exercise. I ride my bike every day at lunch for about 25 minutes. I highly recommend planning your food out the day before and using a website like fitday.com, it really helps to understand what you consuming. Good luck!
sherpamelissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 05:49 PM   #5  

Yeah for you! Losing 10 pounds is easier than having to lose 20. Losing 20 is easier than having to lose 40, etc. etc. Some people tell me - oh, you're not so fat! (about 15 pounds overweight right now) - RIGHT! I'm losing this 15 now so it's not 30 later!
YOU CAN DO IT!! You DON'T have to have a gym membership or anything else. There's LOTS of information on the internet (and common sense) that can help you get those pounds off. Most important - someone to check up on you and CARE how you are doing. Welcome to the site!
Laura Y
MexicoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 01:50 AM   #6  
On my way!

Smile Thanks!

Thanks for your replies!

Sherpamelissa-(hope I spelled that right!) Thanks for the fitday.com tip. That's a great site!

Mexicomom-I wanted to say thanks for sharing. My family cares for me I know, but all they say is "You are beautiful no matter what you weigh." Yes, but I am not happy with myself, I want to be happy. That's why I joined this site, in hopes I could talk with some people like myself. Thanks again!

I have been exercising almost everyday for the past two weeks and am finally squeezing in those fruits and veggies instead of chips and crackers. Anyone have any tips about making eating healthy more enjoyable? I got one tip about making a dip for the veggies out of non-fat plain yogurt and half a packet of ranch dressing. Its pretty yummy and not too bad for the thighs. Makes all those crunchy veggies more bearable and you get the yogurt! I think yogurt is miracle food for women!