Height Weight chart

• Does anyone know where I can find one online? Also do you think it is necssary to go by those alone or if you are comfy 5 pounds over do you stay there?

thanks
    Nikki
  • Here's a bunch of them: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...eight+chart%22

They give such a wide range that 5 pounds doesn't make a difference. For myself, I want to be at the low range of my scale. Had to wait til I got close to see where I was going to need to be. It may look different on someone else.
  • I don't pay much attention to height/weight charts. They are so general and don't take into account your overall fitness level. They can certainly give you an idea of what you may want to shoot for but stay flexible - once you are healthy (according to your doctor, not a chart) adjust your goal until you are happy with your overall appearance. For instance, I'd rather be toned and fit at 140 than give up the muscle I've built for the sake of reaching my current goal of 130. And, who knows, I may get to 130 and realize that 115-120 is more attractive for my height (I'm 5'2" too).
  • i agree with the last posting, weight does not at all give the whole picture, i am 5'2 and about 109 pounds, trying to eat healthy to put on some muscle weight right now...i want to be 115 pounds (on BMI this is more of a mid range for my height) but at 109, little err ok almost no tone, it does not look good at all, i think at my lowest under 100 i just looked sick and even 109 looks pretty bad...i think the lower ranges are for really smalled framed people or sort of the lowest you should ever go to maintain body function
  • I have to agree also. According to height/weight charts I'm obese. I don't post pictures of myself online but at 6 feet tall and 230 pounds, I know I'm overweight but I certainly don't look or feel obese. According to some of the charts, my goal weight is still too heavy and I know, since I was at that weight before, that I'm actually quite slender at 165 (I have a medium/average frame). I remember reading that most professional athletes measure at overweight or obese on the charts, because as the 2 previous posters mentioned, they don't account for muscle in the charts at all. If you are comfortable and healthy at 5 pounds over, stay there. The most important thing is that you are healthy.
  • Thank you all for your responses. I am aiming for 135 regardless of the charts and then I'll adjust as some of you said maybe I'll need to be lighter or a few pounds heavier
  • Just like BMI...weight charts are intended to define a group. They are not good tools for individual use.