Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-28-2005, 01:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 366/359/175

Height: 5'8"

Default What is your (food) weakness and how do you overcome it?

What is your greatest weakness? The one thing you feel would challenge your willpower the most if it were put in front of you?

For me, it's bread. I buy high-quality FF bread fresh from a local bakery to be one of the small not-so-guilty indulgences I allow myself daily to keep myself from feeling deprived...and even though the bread is FF and low-cal I know I can't binge on it because of the refined carbs....and it's really hard not to! It's soooo good!

How do you overcome your greatest weaknesses?

Last edited by Solus; 05-28-2005 at 01:22 PM.
Solus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 01:27 PM   #2  

Good question! My weakness is dairy - cream, cheese all that sort of thing. I can't eat them in moderation at all, will power just does not exist. So I don't have them in the house. I really miss cheese!!! Once a month I buy some farmhouse creamy Lancashire and indulge. We have some good reduced fat cheese here, but I can't get portion control together, so I tend not to buy it.

Oh and chocolate of course. I still eat that, but in tiny quantities. If I buy small individually wrapped squares I can eat one and not the whole packet. I don't understand how I can do that with chocolate but not cheese etc, strange!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 04:15 PM   #3  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

Four words: French fries, onion rings. It's so bad that I can't even be around them without being sent into intense cravings. The smell drives me up the wall, and my mouth starts watering. THEY MUST BE MINE!!! ...er...um...excuse me...

I have not yet found a way to overcome the cravings. My only hope lies in avoidance.
Betani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 11:01 PM   #4  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

It's a four letter word called junk. That encompasses foods of many varieties, such as sweets, greasy foods, fattening foods of all kinds. I love french fries, potato chips, sweets of all types (donuts, candy, ice cream, etc.). I couldn't pick just one that has a bigger effect, but if I had to guess, chocolate might be just a hair trigger worse than others.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 03:42 PM   #5  

My biggest weakness is Chocolate...and ice cream... I try not to bring those things in my house unless it is lowfat..it is hard, the new Edys light and creamy is soooo good, but still 3 pts a half cup and I could easily eat 2 cups a sitting.
Donnaloses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 06:09 AM   #6  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

Pizza

And I overcome it by not going near it and not putting myself in the situation where I would be tempted.
another thing I try is I make variations of a pizza. Such as a BBQ chicken pizza made on a Wheat pita bread with bbq sauce and cooked chicken chunks and fat free cheese.
MorticiaAddams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 09:05 AM   #7  
Blonde Bimbo

Default Mrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorticiaAddams
another thing I try is I make variations of a pizza. Such as a BBQ chicken pizza made on a Wheat pita bread with bbq sauce and cooked chicken chunks and fat free cheese.
I did that and took one to work. It disappeared fast. Lot of health nuts at my office. I made one with the low carb wheat crust, veggie mozarella cheese, low sodium pizza sauce and veggie pepparoni, with mushrooms, peppers, onions, and black olives.
Old 05-31-2005, 01:37 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 217/207/135

Height: 5'3"

Cookies;.... i have found out if all my fave food was put in front of me I would not be able to say no to cookies or cheese... I dont see cheese as a demond since it is good for you (low cal, protein, and calcium) just high in fat. Cookies... I ahve not been able to overcome them yet, which is why the scale has not moved in two weeks. WELL IT WILL MOVE THIS WEEK! I will give up cookies.. I have to... (I will be looking into low calories cookies for my night snack - the only way I will be able to say NO to the huge freshly made ones that look at e everyday at work)
shennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 01:14 AM   #9  
LBTEPA

Pizza. We only have takeaway once a fortnight so I don't feel deprived but don't have it too often, and we get it from the shop that puts the least cheese on them. Also I put the pizza in the kitchen rather than on the table so it isn't sitting there looking at me saying 'go on... have another piece.....'
Chips - I just don't eat them. Not even one. If I start, I'm doomed!
Red wine.....ummm not very good at avoiding that
LBTEPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 01:16 AM   #10  
Chubbles

pizza!!! and cheeseburgers...and anything really cheesy
breakfastsurreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 07:58 PM   #11  

Default Nuts!

I love NUTS.. Pistachios most of all and Cashews, almonds, pecans,walnuts...

while they are allowed on SBD I don't eat them. I get a little nutty and wouldnt be able to hold to an oz or so...
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 08:51 PM   #12  
Blonde Bimbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzi
I love NUTS.. Pistachios most of all and Cashews, almonds, pecans,walnuts...

while they are allowed on SBD I don't eat them. I get a little nutty and wouldnt be able to hold to an oz or so...
I have the same problem with cashews, so I get them, but I keep the can away from me. I go get a handful, close it up and go back to the other room to eat them.