how much weight do you gain during that TOM?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • do I went for my weekly weigh in and *sigh* it's also the first day of my period and my weight jumped from 141 to 145 oh so upseting! so I'm wondering how much weight to you gain from that time of the month? maybe then I won't feel so bad cause I'm goin crazy hehe
  • Complety normal.. I go up myself at the time as well about 4 to 5 pounds. It will come back down after your period so just ride it out and hang in there ...
  • hehe thanks for some reason I thought 1 or 2 was normal but not 4! hehe *whew* feelin a little better
  • I don't gain. I've actually started losing again and TOM is due any day now.
  • I can gain anywhere between 2 and 8 pounds Watch your salt intake and sodium (from packaged foods especially) carefully the week before you are due to begin and you'll likely see an improvement.
  • I used to gain quite a bit too 5-7#... Now though TOM is not often so I don't get the fluctuations and when I do I don't know why because I don't know when TOM is coming around ... Ah the wonders of perimenopause ...It's not so bad I actually like it, PMS is rare now ...
  • I try not to weigh during the beginning of my period (which is now!) and weigh either in the middle or end (depending whether it is a two day wonder period or an eight day monster period from ****). Sometimes I gain, sometimes I lose, other times I stay the same. I never worry if I gain, my stomach feels like a bowl of wobbly jelly so I know it's just water retention.

I am soooooo looking forward to the menopause!!! Too bad I am only 33!!!!
  • I don't usually gain, I just stop losing, If there's any gain, it will be only 1lb, and it generally drops off after the first day. I have a lot of trouble losing in the two weeks leading up to my period though. I'm on BC though so my periods are very regulated. I'm sure if I was not on BC I would have it a lot worse!
  • I usually only gain 2 pounds but this time I have been eating and eating ... so I am sure it will be more.
  • I don't usually gain any weight that that tom, i either just don't lose that week, or lose less than usual. I think it all depends on the individual, I've never been one of those people you hear who complain about water weight gain and bloating.
  • Oh man, I gain during ovulation (may be 1-2 kg (2-5 lb) and then again at TTOM (up to 3kg - 6.5lb!!!) so my weight graph is a damn yoyo, v. hard to keep motivated . Evening Primrose oil is good for bloating as well as drinking all your water and avoiding sodium.
    So you're by no means strange, don't worry!!
  • thank you so much ladies! I went to the gym today (where I weigh in) and I jumped all the way up to 148! my goodness ... I can't wait till my period is over and maybe I can see the 130's ... Imma start prayin hehe
  • I am starting this week so I will let ya know. I weigh in everyday so I can monitor my fluxing weight during that TOM.
  • I don't remember how much weight I gained last TOM but I gained 6 inches in my belly. Two days later I had dropped 4 inches and I forgot to check it again.
  • i always gain about 4-6 lbs at my tom. i try to stay away from the scale. in fact, i wait 3 days after it's gone to weight myself again. LOL