3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   how much weight do you gain during that TOM? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/58315-how-much-weight-do-you-gain-during-tom.html)

icecreamjunkee 05-21-2005 08:04 PM

how much weight do you gain during that TOM?

do I went for my weekly weigh in and *sigh* it's also the first day of my period and my weight jumped from 141 to 145 :o oh so upseting! so I'm wondering how much weight to you gain from that time of the month? maybe then I won't feel so bad cause I'm goin crazy hehe :dizzy:

MorticiaAddams 05-21-2005 08:34 PM

Complety normal.. I go up myself at the time as well about 4 to 5 pounds. It will come back down after your period so just ride it out and hang in there ...

icecreamjunkee 05-21-2005 08:54 PM

hehe thanks for some reason I thought 1 or 2 was normal but not 4! hehe *whew* feelin a little better :D

josie4 05-21-2005 09:11 PM

I don't gain. I've actually started losing again and TOM is due any day now.

Vegan Vixen 05-21-2005 09:50 PM

I can gain anywhere between 2 and 8 pounds :o Watch your salt intake and sodium (from packaged foods especially) carefully the week before you are due to begin and you'll likely see an improvement.

Ilene 05-21-2005 10:32 PM

I used to gain quite a bit too 5-7#... Now though TOM is not often so I don't get the fluctuations and when I do I don't know why because I don't know when TOM is coming around :shrug:... Ah the wonders of perimenopause :D...It's not so bad I actually like it, PMS is rare now :D...

kykaree 05-22-2005 06:10 AM

I try not to weigh during the beginning of my period (which is now!) and weigh either in the middle or end (depending whether it is a two day wonder period or an eight day monster period from ****). Sometimes I gain, sometimes I lose, other times I stay the same. I never worry if I gain, my stomach feels like a bowl of wobbly jelly so I know it's just water retention.

I am soooooo looking forward to the menopause!!! Too bad I am only 33!!!!

paperclippy 05-22-2005 08:45 AM

I don't usually gain, I just stop losing, If there's any gain, it will be only 1lb, and it generally drops off after the first day. I have a lot of trouble losing in the two weeks leading up to my period though. I'm on BC though so my periods are very regulated. I'm sure if I was not on BC I would have it a lot worse! :lol:

DaisyMaisy 05-22-2005 05:40 PM

I usually only gain 2 pounds but this time I have been eating and eating ... so I am sure it will be more.

imsexydamnit 05-22-2005 07:24 PM

I don't usually gain any weight that that tom, i either just don't lose that week, or lose less than usual. I think it all depends on the individual, I've never been one of those people you hear who complain about water weight gain and bloating.

LBTEPA 05-22-2005 08:25 PM

Oh man, I gain during ovulation (may be 1-2 kg (2-5 lb) and then again at TTOM (up to 3kg - 6.5lb!!!) so my weight graph is a damn yoyo, v. hard to keep motivated :(. Evening Primrose oil is good for bloating as well as drinking all your water and avoiding sodium.
So you're by no means strange, don't worry!!

icecreamjunkee 05-23-2005 12:38 AM

thank you so much ladies! I went to the gym today (where I weigh in) and I jumped all the way up to 148! my goodness ... I can't wait till my period is over and maybe I can see the 130's ... Imma start prayin hehe

shennan 05-23-2005 09:02 AM

I am starting this week so I will let ya know. I weigh in everyday so I can monitor my fluxing weight during that TOM.

barbygirl43 05-23-2005 01:05 PM

I don't remember how much weight I gained last TOM but I gained 6 inches in my belly. Two days later I had dropped 4 inches and I forgot to check it again.

jessiekins 05-23-2005 01:12 PM

i always gain about 4-6 lbs at my tom. i try to stay away from the scale. in fact, i wait 3 days after it's gone to weight myself again. LOL