Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-29-2005, 07:57 AM   #1  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Default Munchie Attack!

Aaaaaargh! The Munchies are attacking! Get them off me!

Yesterday I was really hungry so munched before during and after dinner! On chocolate hob nobs!

Today, I am sitting in my electronics lab, my project has reached a tiny glitch, I'm scanning the barcode on a Cadbury's Dairy Milk chocolate bar, and I want to rip the thing open and stuff it in my face!

So I thought I'd post rather than do that!

Sometimes I fell like such a cos I just can't figure out this eating right thing!

But I'm doing ok so far. THe problem these last few days is I've been sooooo hungry! NOT FAIR!

Anyway, rant over, the chocolate bar just looks like a purple shiny thing now, not the way to solve all my electronics problems!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 09:52 AM   #2  
former PIC drop out

S/C/G: 310/277/140

Height: 5'4"

if you're hungry.. then EAT!!! but just make a smart decision.. last night I was dying for chocolate so I had a 100 calorie package of Nabisco Oreo crisps.. they are chocolate cookies, and I ate them with a banana.. it totaled like 2 grams of fat and 180 calories.. and it totally settled my sweet craving..
deerod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 10:04 AM   #3  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I keep things like Pria or Odwalla bars for chocolate cravings. If it's just a general sweet craving, sometimes fruit will even satisfy that. But if not, I also keep some "No Pudge" soy ice cream bars available. Or PB and fruit spread on whole wheat may even do the trick.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 12:28 PM   #4  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

I recently bought a package of Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches and Jello Sundae Toppers cups. I have dessert cravings just about every night, and these are both under 150 calories (if I remember correctly) and come in individual serving portions. For munchies during the day, dry cereal, raisins, and crackers are some of my faves, though I usually try to avoid having a bowl of something in front of me (I will munch even if I'm not hungry!). Drinking a lot of water can hold off the munchies sometimes too.

Good job avoiding that chocolate bar! (Of course, after reading that, now I want chocolate too!)
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 12:47 PM   #5  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

He he! I wrote a really REALLY long report about how chocolate's made.... Well I could taste chocolate everytime I read about the stuff! Oh what a trial to my willpower!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 05:01 PM   #6  

I know how you feel i totally hate having to eat SNACKS grrrr....im 167 pounds and want to be 120 HELP
sweetvanillagirl911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 12:56 AM   #7  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

Those Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches are very good, and they do a good job of quenching my munchies, too.

I also try to drink water with my snacks to help fill me up without it being all junk food.
Betani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 09:58 AM   #8  

I could not survive without skinny cow!!! We don't get the sandwiches here, but we do get the cookies and cream icecream sticks, and chocolate fudge icecream, have you tried them frus?? My corner store has them, as does Asda. But sometimes only chocolate will do. I am sure you are doing something right Miss Frus, you have lost loads!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 08:24 PM   #9  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

Bless me, Point-Tracker, for I have munched.

I never should have started. It was a rather frusterating day at work, so toward the end of the day, I thought I could really use a few of the dark chocolate peanut M&Ms that were sitting out in the department. I should have known that you can't stop at just one fistful!

Now I can't stop munching. I'm on my own food-wise because my husband had a tooth pulled and is on a liquid diet, and I can't remember how to eat by myself!
Betani is offline   Reply With Quote