Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-21-2005, 11:41 PM   #1  
"Print"cess Jenni

S/C/G: 247/226/149

Height: 5'6"

Default Day 4 ~ I'm miserable ~ HELP!

Day 4, I've lost 1 whole pound. Big wow, I know.... I wasn;t supposed to weigh til Monday but I did anyway. So, I'm tired and depressed and I want to eat a whole pizza and wash it down with a 2 liter of coca cola. I ate 2 pieces of thin crust and washed with 8 oz of cola... and I logged it in. Being good sucks.

Poo Poo.

Just had to vent, thanks for rreading!
~J
FlowerJenni1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 04:00 AM   #2  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Hey 1lb after day 4 is GREAT!

This week, this WHOLE WEEK, I have lost 3/4 of a pound! AND I have been working my lardy bum off at kickboxing classes and Legs Bums and Tums 4 times this week! And just 3/4 lb!

Maybe try going for a quick brisk walk to get all the endorphins flowing, and just think, if you lost 1lb every week for a year, you'd nearly be at goal!

The longest journey starts with a single step...
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 08:43 AM   #3  
IamIcanIoughtIwill

Flower, I know how you feel. But the first mistake is stepping on that scale before you are supposed to. I know, I also get tempted. There are many reasons why the weight loss may not be showing yet. It could be that eating salty food like pizza causes water retention, and in a couple more days, after the water weight is gone you may lose more. Please always keep those types of things in mind. Weight loss is not only found on the scale. The scale can become your worst enemy. Focus on what you are doing right, get out and walk and enjoy the nice weather and think about all the positive changes you are making. And no matter what don't quit. You can do it! Blessings!
IamIcanIoughtIwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 08:58 AM   #4  

Jenni,
You CAN do it!! Don't look back on your digressions, just look forward, and envision how wonderful you will look and feel when you meet your goal. Hey, 1# lost is better than no #'s lost!! Each # lost is bringing you closer and closer to your goal... Think positive!

edith
mom2twinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 12:02 PM   #5  
"Print"cess Jenni

Day 7 ~ I got on the scale again.... 3 pounds ! Ya'll were right, I should've waited til today and never got on Day4. Anyway, I thought I was supposed to weigh today so I did, but actually when I logged in it said my weigh day was Monday, so I'll wait til NEXT Monday and I'll log today's weight tomorrow.

I did great yesterday. It was my daughter's birthday party, and we grilled hot dogs and burgers... none of it was low fat, but I picked the hot dogs with the least amount and I ate it with no bun and only mustard. Also, the cake my mom made had no icing and I ate just a little piece. I've still got 12.5 points left this week on my WW Flex Plan, and it resets tomorrow. I'll try next week not to use any of the flex points though...
Thanks for encouragin me You all ROCK, and You are all Beautiful!!!
Love, Jenni
Old 04-24-2005, 03:37 PM   #6  

I've found it's also REALLY important to change my attitude about what foods mean to me. The more I talk to myself about healthy foods being PREFERABLE rather than a punishment, the easier it becomes to make good choices.

You DID do well in containing your slip, so you should be proud of that. But I would challenge you to not say things like, "Being good sucks" because you are reinforcing the idea that unhealthy habits are preferable to healthy ones. Try saying things like, "I know the old me would prefer greasy salty pizza and sugary Coke, but I the new me is learning to like healthier choices." I know it sounds dumb, but we believe what we hear, and the more you hear things like that -- even if you don't believe them right now -- the more your thinking will change for the better.
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 07:08 PM   #7  
"Print"cess Jenni

You are totally right funniegrrl! I was just feeling so yucky I wanted to whine and have a pity party.... But I will try and keep a healthy attitude along with my healthy eating from now on Thanx!
Old 04-26-2005, 08:27 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Okay...I have to ask why you are depressed-you lost a pound in four days!

A healthy rate of weight loss is 1/2 a pound up to 2 pounds per week-and you are right on schedule.

Bit of advice everyone should heed-you didn't gain 10/20/30+ pounds in two weeks...and you aren't going to take it off in two weeks either!!!
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 12:28 PM   #9  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

WTG Jenni!

You rock!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 11:18 PM   #10  
"Print"cess Jenni

Day 9 ~ I think? Anyway, it was family night tonight instead of Thursday because of schedules, etc. We had fried chicken but I restrained myself and ended up with only 1.5 points over my alotted amount, and that's out of the 35 extra for the week Woo Hoo!
~J