Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-13-2005, 02:12 PM   #1  
Wiener Mom

Default Sick (and Tired)

I'm at it again. The end of my rope. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired... and I hate the thought that every single frikking thing I have to put in my mouth has to be judged, weighed, given points, or altered to fit a diet plan.

I'm tired of eating Healthy Choice frozen fish meals with broccoli.

I want real food.

I want to be thin and gorgeous and 25 again with ripped abs while eating 30-something flavors of Baskin Robbins...

But, instead, I have to sit around listening to my male friends yammer incessantly about how they are so attracted to babes in tiny bikinis... when I'm sitting next to them. Like I'm so much chopped liver.

So there's a quandry, eh ladies? Give up the food I love and be miserable so these flea bags can have some eye candy and I can get my abs back... or relive my Pamela Anderson days (hah, as if) while pretending to be happy munching on carrots and bean sprouts.

Guess I'm feeling out of sorts today. You don't have to agree with me or support my whining. I lost 20 pounds on Weight Watchers, but due to a switch in some medications, I gained it all back. Now, I'm back at the bottom of the mountain - looking upward again and thinking... you know, life just really really sucks sometimes when you're overweight.

Please, don't tell me to be peppy. Or to get off my whiney horse and start climbing the mountain again. I just wanted a place to say that I'm really really unhappy about the whole dang deal. And I wish Reubenesque figures were in.

-Joy (with about 40 pounds to go, but not ready to start today)
poetesstx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 02:44 PM   #2  
*squish*squish*

S/C/G: 276/ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

I know how you feel. I've been incredibly frustrated for about the past week. I'm sick of healthy food! I want some greasy fast food, doughnuts, and ice cream! I gave in for a day or 2 and went for a nice greasy pizza from Papa Johns and a brownie earthquake from Dairy Queen, but now I'm back on track. It's not easy to be peppy or to just get motivated and start climbing that mountain again. It's not easy to lose weight. Wouldn't be great if not eating caused us to gain weight and eating made us lose it?! That would be so awesome. Ahhh, wishful thinking..!
Just start when you feel ready
Good luck!
squishy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 05:34 PM   #3  

Yeah, we got dealt a pretty raw deal, ugh? And it sucks that there's not a damn thing we can do about our crappy genetics. So now what? Well, we pick ourselves up, and get back to it, cause what else can we do, ya know? Once I accepted the fact that I'm never gonna be a skinny minnie, parading around in little bikini, and eating all the crap I wanted while never gaining an ounce, I was able to let go of the dream, and get down to business. I'm never gonna have the body I wish I had and I will always have issues with food. But this is my life and I'm gonna live it the best, healthiest and happiest that I can, and forget about all the stuff that I don't have any control over. Just my 2 cents!

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 05:46 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiaby
Once I accepted the fact that I'm never gonna be a skinny minnie, parading around in little bikini, and eating all the crap I wanted while never gaining an ounce, I was able to let go of the dream, and get down to business. I'm never gonna have the body I wish I had and I will always have issues with food. But this is my life and I'm gonna live it the best, healthiest and happiest that I can, and forget about all the stuff that I don't have any control over.
What she said.

Another turning point I made was that I worked on seeing healthy food as desirable, as "real food" instead of a punishment or something that was second-rate. Sure, I'd still rather have Tropical Chocolate Happiness dessert at my favorite upscale restaurant than an apple. But, I LIKE apples a lot more than I used to because I made up my mind to learn to appreciate them.

I know exactly what you mean about being weary of the grind of counting things and thinking about the consequences of every bite. And, honestly, sometimes I take mini-vacations from it -- sometimes just a meal, sometimes a day, sometimes more. But I spent several years counting every bite first, and so now my reactions to food choices are fairly deeply ingrained. I went through a VERY long period where I was quite diligent. But, because I have that solid foundation under me, I am now able to enjoy "real food" as you put it, on occasion, in moderation.

I'm not gonna tell you to "cheer up" or "get back on the horse" or whatever. I know you were mostly venting, and that's good. But, I have to react to what you said because I used to feel exactly the same way on many counts. I have been very successful though (I've lost 165 pounds so far) because I made up my mind to (a) deal with the cards I had in my hand rather than wishing I (or the people around me) had different cards, and (b) learn to like a healthy lifestyle rather than pouting and mourning inactivity and unhealthy food and portion sizes.

You always have a choice -- go back to your old ways and be overweight and unhealthy, OR do what you need to do to make the best of the true gift your body is.

P.S. One of the best things I ever did was start to take yoga. And, I was 230 pounds or so when I started. In many ways it's taught me to appreciate my body for what it IS and what it CAN do rather than *****ing about what it isn't.
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 05:56 PM   #5  

funniegrrl - WOW!

I don't mean to threadjack here but I have to say that you should be congratulated on your weight loss. That is awesome! You give me encouragement to do what it is I need to do.

I like what you are saying. You are so right about either accept that you are overweight or try to do something about it.

Poet - I too get sick and tired of being "fat". Tired of thinking about what I'm eating and such. I'm not going to try to pep you up about it - just let you know that you're not alone. Best of luck!
lovtolaff is offline   Reply With Quote