Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-12-2005, 09:54 PM   #1  

Talking Back At The Gym Yeah

Went Yesterday And Going Again Tomorrow.also I Found A Partner Sort Of She Is My Ex-mother-in-law And She Lives About 150 Miles Away But We E-mail Each Other Everyday Almost. She Has Been Struggling Too I Told Her About This Site And How It Has Kept Me Motivated So I Hope To See Her Here And We Have Set A Goal Of About 10 Lbs A Month.that Sounds Do Able To Me.anyone Think This Is Too Much Or Does It Sound About Right.let Me Know And I'll Tell Her If We Need To Try For Less. Good Luck To Everyone And Thanks To Everone For All The Support
AMMBTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 06:37 AM   #2  
Delicious Microwaved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMMBTM
...We Have Set A Goal Of About 10 Lbs A Month.that Sounds Do Able To Me.anyone Think This Is Too Much Or Does It Sound About Right.let Me Know And I'll Tell Her If We Need To Try For Less...
Do you mean 10 lbs a month for each of you? If so, I think that sounds just a bit too high--although it's great to see that you're so motivated !

Over the years I've found that dieting is one of the places where the tried and true convential wisdom is often right on. Most doctors, nutritionists, etc. recommend 1-2 lbs per week maximum loss. Any faster than that and it's likely you're stressing your body out, not eating enough, or doing something else similarly unhealthy to the good ol' bod. Remeber that your body needs time to adjust to all of these changes!

I think a range of 4-8 lbs per month may be more reasonable. Honestly, I think the best advice is to just keep in mind what your long or short term goals are (165 and 135 in your case), keep plugging away towards the finish line, and not really set up too many time frame goals. As long as you're staying on plan, exercising, be healthy... you will get there! Saying "I want to lose X amount of weight by X time" can be dangerous because it's sometimes all the more frustrating when you hit a plateau.

Anyway, you're doing great and congratulations on making it back to the gym! It's great that you have someone close (even if not in distance) to you who you can work towards goal with! Keep up the good work... it sounds like you're doing very well!

Best of luck and keep us posted!
Luciole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 09:45 PM   #3  

Thanks And Yes I Did Mean A Peace On The Lbs. I'll Tell Her That,that Goal May Be A Bit To Much To Aim For. I Think 4-6 Lbs Sounds A Little More Realistic But Hey If We Hit The 10 Lb Mark I'll Not Complain Lol. I Personaly Just Hope To Be Able To Fit Into A Size 14 In A Couple Of Months Or At Least Be Close To That. I'll Tell Her Though And See What She Says.that May Be Why She Has Struggled So Much In The Past Trying To Get To A Certain Size In X Amount Of Time. Thanks Again
AMMBTM is offline   Reply With Quote