Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-04-2005, 03:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 216/212/130

Height: 5-4

Default Help

<waves> Hello everyone. New to the forum. Been dieting since January. New Year's Resolution to eat better, lose weight and start exercising.
Was doing great until this week. Then came the big BINGE. I've hit the dieting wall. I don't know if its dieting stress, burn-out or what. Any advice to help get over the hump?
Traysea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 06:40 AM   #2  
Delicious Microwaved!

Hey there Traysea, welcome to the forum!

I'm a bit confused as to if you're upset because you fell off the wagon for a few days or if you're just plain sick of dieting altogether. Maybe it's a bit of both?

If you're kicking yourself around because you had few bad days where you didn't eat right (or ate everything in sight...if you're like me hehe) or didn't exercise, try to remember that what you did yesterday, the day before, the week before... it's all inconsequential. You can't change it now no matter what. When I fall off my plan I often feel like, "Well, now that I've royally messed my diet up by eating that cheese steak I might as well have the banana split too." Wrong! Everyone has slip-ups and bad days. The important thing is to get back on track as soon as you realize what you've done. It doesn't matter what you did yesterday, it matters what you do today and tomorrow!!!

If you're just plain sick of dieting, well, that's more than understandable. When I lose my motivation I try to imagine myself a year from now, at the exact same size/weight that I am now, unhappy and still wanting to lose the same pounds. When I think about it like that, I realize that the only way for me to be happy is to see this thing through and stick it out; if I don't--if I give up--then I'll just be kicking myself a year from now for not sticking with my plan.

I posted this site for someone else: http://www.100-weight-loss-tips.com/ It's mostly very basic tips, advice and motivational tricks. But, it's written in a lighthearted manner and I often look over it when I'm feeling down for a chuckle and a boost.

Best of luck to you! You've been on plan for 3 months! That's an awesome start and you CAN do it!
Luciole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 10:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 216/212/130

Height: 5-4

Thanks Luciole. Yes I think it’s been a bit of both. Sick of dieting and feeling guilty and beating myself up for several really, really bad days. Just fell off the dieting wagon, hit the road and rolled into the ditch. A major slip-up(s) on my part and I am being really hard on myself. I have a tendency to be all or nothing dieter. Obviously, the “all or nothing” method hasn't worked for me in the past, as I'm dieting... again.
I really do want to lose weight and stay healthy. Thanks for reminding me to re-focus on the goal and the long term. I appreciate the support. <Comes out of her sugar/fatty foods pity party and crawls back up on the road to catch another wagon>

Last edited by Traysea; 04-04-2005 at 10:48 AM.
Traysea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 12:49 PM   #4  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Sometimes you can catch yourself in a binge and count it all in! Maybe that's how we progress...

eg today I've binged on a bag fo doritos, a can of cherry coke, and a bag of sweets, I've counted them in, had a tiny dinner and phew it might just work out!

Maybe next time you eat something "naughty" count in the calories / carbs / whatever, it might fit into your plan!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 01:37 PM   #5  
Downsizing

Height: 5'7"

I got really burned out on working out early in February after a good seven months of working my butt off at the gym every day. One day, I simply stopped going. I was so burned out. I had overworked myself an not allowed myself enough time away from the gym.

Maybe the same thing applies to you with eating. Were you depriving yourself of your favorite foods entirely? Were you taking your diet to the extreme? Sometimes allowing yourself a treat here and there in moderation really pays off in the long run. You mentioned having an all of nothing mentality. So change that right now! Its not all or nothing. Its about math. Putting in less than your body is burning off over time. One treat doesn't erase the caloric deficit that you've created for yourself over time. So next time you eat something bad, remind yourself that you haven't creeped over to the other side of not-dieting. You've simply made a choice to borrow from your caloric deficit a little and that's ok.

Pull yourself out of the ditch while you aren't that deep in it! Stay strong.

Sincerely,
Meredith
MeredithP1 is offline   Reply With Quote