Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-29-2005, 08:24 AM   #1  
I am doing it!

Default Back at the forum... an old newbie

A few years ago I lost about 35 pounds with the help of this forum, and then I met my husband, and we both started failing at working out, and then I got pregnant, and gained 49 pounds with that. Six weeks after having the baby, I have 25 baby pounds to lose, and at least 35 from the gaining my husband and I did together. If I think of them as different pockets of fat on my body, it makes it easier

My goal is to lose about 2 pounds a week, so by July 1st, to be down to my prebaby weight. Well, June 30th, July seems so far away!!

Since we got some spring here in Chicago, I took a nice long walk yesterday, cleaned the yard of dog poop (it's squatting! Um, I didn't mean that the way it could be taken, but hee!), and painted our bedroom. I also ate pretty well! Tonight, I'm trying a new recipe for my husband and I - for the first time I'm going to cook carrots. We need to work out and eat well together as much as possible!

I weigh 209 pounds right now. I don't have many clothes that fit and I have to go back to work in a month. I want my son (six weeks old, Lucas!) to grow up with a mommy he can be proud of, and I want him to grow up with an active healthy lifestyle. I want to feel attractive for my husband. And I remember when I weighed 147 pounds and could run 3 miles - I felt GOOD. And I still have those clothes. I'd like to wear them!!

So, that's me, I hope there are others to share and cheer on with!

Lori
Elisette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 08:32 AM   #2  

Hmmm...I never thought of having different pockets of fat!

I gained alot of weight when I was pregnant but gosh that was 12 years ago. However, I'm still fat - and just this year have decided to get it together once and for all and lose this weight.

My first goal is to reach 200 lbs. I know that sounds like a lot - but for me I would be ecstatic with that weight! I weighed that about 5 years ago and I looked pretty good I thought. My hope is that after I reach the 200 mark that it will just make me want to lose more!!

Do you still run? How many calories are you eating a day? Is your husband eating healthier with you? That makes a big difference to have support and not have to cook seperately.

Best of luck - you can do this!
lovtolaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 06:41 AM   #3  
I am doing it!

200 doesn't sound like that much to me! I can't focus that far ahead, though (55 pounds) or i'd get discouraged. So, 25 pounds away is all I'm looking!

I can't run yet, not in shape enough! I've been walking this week and my muscles are soooore!! Right now I'm just trying to listen to my body on working out. My husband will walk with me and eat healthier, too. I haven't started counting calories religiously either. When I'm in full on diet mode I count EVERYTHING! I'd say right now I'm in the 1500 - 2000 range.

Looking forward to sharing our successes! 16 pounds is a HUGE loss you have! I'm holding my ~12 pound son and you've lost more than a person!!
Elisette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 09:31 AM   #4  

Quote:
I'm holding my ~12 pound son and you've lost more than a person!!
Well gosh when you put it that way - it does sound like a lot huh?

I'm proud that I've lost 16lbs but on the other hand I get mad because I think I could have lost more if I would have done better this past month. But you can't turn back time and I think it's a big accomplishment when you "fall off the wagon" to get right back on it rather than my usual "just screw it" attitude.

I don't run either (I'm a smoker) so it would kill my lungs However, I do walk almost every day. I need to increase the amount of time that I walk but I'm still lazy when it comes to that. Maybe I should make that my goal for next week. Add at least 10 minutes to my walking. I'll start psyching myself up for that!!

You said you couldn't focus on losing 55lbs - well I don't really either. I mean gosh - I should weigh something like 145 or something and there is NO way I can even think about having to lose over 100 lbs - so I just take it one pound at a time. That has been the hardest obstacle for me to overcome - realizing that it's going to take awhile to drop the weight I need to.
lovtolaff is offline   Reply With Quote