Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-24-2005, 10:25 PM   #1  

Lightbulb virtual model

Usually I can picture how I will look when I reach my goal, the clothes I will be able to wear, etc. I was having a hard time keeping my "eye" on my goal until I found LLBean's website and used their virtual model. First I put in my start weight, then my current weight, then my first goal weight, and then my ultimate goal weight with each of the models wearing the same bathing suit.
It really gave me a different perspective. To actually see a picture that is pretty close to what I will look like when I reach each goal. It also helped to see how far I've come! I would suggest anyone check it out if they need some motivation!
aweighstogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 02:28 PM   #2  

where did you find the virtual model on LLBean? I went to the website and searched a bit, but came up empty....Would you share the link?

maggie2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 08:21 PM   #3  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

http://www.llbean.com/myVirtualModel/
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 12:40 AM   #4  

Default Google then giggle

If you put in "virtual model" in Google, you'll get quite a few choices to choose from... some of them dress the model in THEIR clothes (in case you aren't an LLBean fan) and some put you in (gasp) a black bikini. (Of course the model is all waxed, shaved and cellulite free, so even the 'before" looks better than I do.) Courage!
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 04:40 AM   #5  
Delicious Microwaved!

Hey, thanks aweighstogo!

I never saw one of these before. That LL Bean one is neato (haven't had the chance yet to search for the others as PainterWoman suggests)!

My virtual model looks waaaaaaaaaay better than I would in that outfit though; there should be an option for adding wrinkles, dimples, and scars

Really cool though... Thanks for posting the link. I'm going to have fun with this
Luciole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 04:51 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 156/135/119

does any one find their model looks skinnier than they do? i alwasy +1 on the build and i still think she looks skinnier than me
mia
x
cosmogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 08:43 AM   #7  
Blonde Bimbo

I think there's an unrealistic outlook on overweight. I had to +1 mine quite a bit. I set up a model a few years ago trying to find a one piece bathing suit. It took awhile to get the model to look quite as plump as I really was...when I wasn't fooling my own self. LOL But after I saw this thread yesterday, I went back and redid my model with the new measurements and didn't need to plus or minus anything. It came out pretty close on target just by putting in the weight, height and body type. And what a huge difference between the old and the new.

However, I think it's just the outlook. Whomever designed the model program didn't see say 240 pounds as exactly what it might be. We don't all get overweight evenly either. 240 on one might vary from 240 on another...one may have larger thighs, while another has a larger stomach and smaller thighs.

It's kinda like shopping for clothing in the plus section, and was part of my renewed interest in losing weight. Everytime I tried to find something to wear, I spent more time complaining about the makers of plus sizes than in realizing that only I had the power to do something about it...lose the weight and not shop in plus size anymore. ;-) The last pair of shorts I tried buying in plus...I was just so aggravated over the elephant leg style. My thighs weren't huge, my stomach was. So I kept thinking why is it they think that because I need a larger waist that my thighs must be the same size as my waist and they make shorts in my size to look like a skirt? That's when one overweight sales lady suggested doing what she does...buy my shorts in the men's section. For some reason, clothing manufacturers view overweight men as having regular sized legs and overweight women as having humongous cellulite flabs for thighs.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:00 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/159/140

My virtual model is pretty much on target (minus the cottage cheese legs and stretch marks) Those cute outfits don't look so cute on MY model...but they will
FrugalChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 10:33 AM   #9  

I thought it was relatively accurate, minus the excess skin. I so wish I could wear shorts and a bathing suit this year. I suppose I could, if I just didnt care how I look - but alas, I always care.
KTna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 07:56 PM   #10  
Blonde Bimbo

Where is the excess skin KTna? You can always try and find ways to work around it if it's an embarrassment. It was for me as well, and my problem areas were my thighs and lower stomach. I found that a bikini with a high waist skirted bottom worked just fine. The skirt hid the thigh area and the high waist took care of the lower stomach.
Old 04-03-2005, 03:02 AM   #11  

So cool! Thanks, I could spend hours playing with this.
Ms.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 12:33 PM   #12  

Thanks for this website. I've been looking for a virtual model for a little while now.
kayemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 09:31 AM   #13  

The excess skin is in the upper arm, stomach and inner thigh area. I used to try the shorts bottom bikini, which works pretty well - but does nothing for the arms.
I have never really liked to wear shorts though, I just don't like how I look in them (large legs), so I tend to stick with the capri.
KTna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 11:11 AM   #14  

Wink

I just had to check this out and loved the virtual model!! Hee hee what fun
mom of 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 07:30 AM   #15  

Default I need a plus size virtual model

Can someone help me? The virtual models I've found so far will not show a 250 lb model.
puddums is offline   Reply With Quote