3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   virtual model (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/55364-virtual-model.html)

aweighstogo 03-24-2005 10:25 PM

virtual model

Usually I can picture how I will look when I reach my goal, the clothes I will be able to wear, etc. I was having a hard time keeping my "eye" on my goal until I found LLBean's website and used their virtual model. First I put in my start weight, then my current weight, then my first goal weight, and then my ultimate goal weight with each of the models wearing the same bathing suit.
It really gave me a different perspective. To actually see a picture that is pretty close to what I will look like when I reach each goal. It also helped to see how far I've come! I would suggest anyone check it out if they need some motivation! :)

maggie2005 03-28-2005 02:28 PM

where did you find the virtual model on LLBean? I went to the website and searched a bit, but came up empty....Would you share the link?

almostheaven 03-28-2005 08:21 PM

http://www.llbean.com/myVirtualModel/

PainterWoman 03-29-2005 12:40 AM

Google then giggle

If you put in "virtual model" in Google, you'll get quite a few choices to choose from... some of them dress the model in THEIR clothes (in case you aren't an LLBean fan) and some put you in (gasp) a black bikini. (Of course the model is all waxed, shaved and cellulite free, so even the 'before" looks better than I do.) Courage!

Luciole 03-29-2005 04:40 AM

Hey, thanks aweighstogo!

I never saw one of these before. That LL Bean one is neato (haven't had the chance yet to search for the others as PainterWoman suggests)!

My virtual model looks waaaaaaaaaay better than I would in that outfit though; there should be an option for adding wrinkles, dimples, and scars :p

Really cool though... Thanks for posting the link. I'm going to have fun with this :)

cosmogirl 03-29-2005 04:51 AM

does any one find their model looks skinnier than they do? i alwasy +1 on the build and i still think she looks skinnier than me
mia
x

almostheaven 03-29-2005 08:43 AM

I think there's an unrealistic outlook on overweight. I had to +1 mine quite a bit. I set up a model a few years ago trying to find a one piece bathing suit. It took awhile to get the model to look quite as plump as I really was...when I wasn't fooling my own self. LOL But after I saw this thread yesterday, I went back and redid my model with the new measurements and didn't need to plus or minus anything. It came out pretty close on target just by putting in the weight, height and body type. And what a huge difference between the old and the new.

However, I think it's just the outlook. Whomever designed the model program didn't see say 240 pounds as exactly what it might be. We don't all get overweight evenly either. 240 on one might vary from 240 on another...one may have larger thighs, while another has a larger stomach and smaller thighs.

It's kinda like shopping for clothing in the plus section, and was part of my renewed interest in losing weight. Everytime I tried to find something to wear, I spent more time complaining about the makers of plus sizes than in realizing that only I had the power to do something about it...lose the weight and not shop in plus size anymore. ;-) The last pair of shorts I tried buying in plus...I was just so aggravated over the elephant leg style. My thighs weren't huge, my stomach was. So I kept thinking why is it they think that because I need a larger waist that my thighs must be the same size as my waist and they make shorts in my size to look like a skirt? That's when one overweight sales lady suggested doing what she does...buy my shorts in the men's section. For some reason, clothing manufacturers view overweight men as having regular sized legs and overweight women as having humongous cellulite flabs for thighs.

FrugalChick 03-30-2005 08:00 PM

My virtual model is pretty much on target (minus the cottage cheese legs and stretch marks) Those cute outfits don't look so cute on MY model...but they will :)

KTna 04-01-2005 10:33 AM

I thought it was relatively accurate, minus the excess skin. I so wish I could wear shorts and a bathing suit this year. I suppose I could, if I just didnt care how I look - but alas, I always care.

almostheaven 04-01-2005 07:56 PM

Where is the excess skin KTna? You can always try and find ways to work around it if it's an embarrassment. It was for me as well, and my problem areas were my thighs and lower stomach. I found that a bikini with a high waist skirted bottom worked just fine. The skirt hid the thigh area and the high waist took care of the lower stomach.

Ms.K 04-03-2005 03:02 AM

So cool! Thanks, I could spend hours playing with this.

kayemu 04-03-2005 12:33 PM

Thanks for this website. I've been looking for a virtual model for a little while now.

KTna 04-04-2005 09:31 AM

The excess skin is in the upper arm, stomach and inner thigh area. I used to try the shorts bottom bikini, which works pretty well - but does nothing for the arms.
I have never really liked to wear shorts though, I just don't like how I look in them (large legs), so I tend to stick with the capri.

mom of 3 04-04-2005 11:11 AM

I just had to check this out and loved the virtual model!! Hee hee what fun :lol:

puddums 10-31-2005 07:30 AM

I need a plus size virtual model

Can someone help me? The virtual models I've found so far will not show a 250 lb model.

Niecey 10-31-2005 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puddums
Can someone help me? The virtual models I've found so far will not show a 250 lb model.

puddums, I went to myvirtualmodel.com and I was able to change the weight all the way up to 350. After that, it wouldn't save so I'm guessing that's the cutoff.

I believe all virtual models are through the same site. You are able to go to any store that has the virtual model feature using your same model all the time.

9cbl 03-01-2006 08:09 PM

Hi

Where can I find a virtual model that I can put my face on?

GreatBigMonsterMomma 03-01-2006 08:20 PM

I don't think you can put your face on an mVM. I've been playing with them for a couple of years now. Niecey is right more or less; it's all the same program. I haven't tried LL Bean, but I know the Land's End MVM allows you to input your measurements, so it'll give you a more accurate one. (It does not, however, seem to work so well when it comes to the bust; the one I did looked just the same at 38H as it did at 38D.)

FL_Chickie 03-01-2006 11:23 PM

I was playing with the Land's End one and taking the weight down every 10 lbs to see what changes could happen -- apparently between 145 and 135, the model thinks I'll lose my boobs! That was the only change at those weights -- the chest went from large to flat! LOL

Shalynn 03-02-2006 02:33 AM

That was just way too cool. My first time seeing something like this as well. I'll tell ya one thing my VM was missing - the "battle scars" from child labor, and the kangaroo like pouch I have :( lol..

As I was looking at my model, having put in my weight - I was in denial, I said to myself, "self, you don't look THAT big" :rolleyes: Who am I kidding? Well it's time to up my game.

Thanks for sharing.

lumifan4ever 03-02-2006 10:33 AM

my model looked great at 179 double chin or fat face, the belly was nice and firm allthough it stuck out as far as my boobs, the bottom half of my belly didn't hang down like mine does in real life, there were no fat rolls on the back of the outfits.....if only i could look as good as my virtual me, i'd be happy at my weight. :(

la3y_un1c0rn_37 03-02-2006 10:46 AM

I got to get me one of these!!!!! lol I will have to check into it later....got to work now...lol they wont pay me for looking at sites...i dont know why

Lunula 03-02-2006 03:12 PM

Very cool - apparently in 10 more pounds, I'll lose my developing double-chin! :carrot:

jillybean720 03-02-2006 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niecey
I went to myvirtualmodel.com and I was able to change the weight all the way up to 350.

I went to this site, but when I tried to make a model, it just gave me a list of retailers' sites to go to to make my model. Which one did you chose that let you make one with a higher weight?

GreatBigMonsterMomma 03-02-2006 07:09 PM

They recently changed the main MVM website so you can't make a model there anymore. I'd forgotten that until reading this thread. I hate that you can't make a model there anymore! The only one I can get to go up to 350 is the one from Glamour.

susie_sunshine 03-02-2006 08:03 PM

I just tried the llbean virtual model. It says page not found.

kayleystar 03-02-2006 09:03 PM

I didn't care for the virtual model, simply because I wasn't able to go up to my starting weight. Talk about depressing.

susie_sunshine 03-02-2006 09:07 PM

i wasn't able to get up to my weight either using my real height. If I made myself much taller it worked!

susie_sunshine 03-05-2006 10:59 AM

I used the one from Glamour and it worked! Printed myself out in 10 lb weight loss
increments! Wow what a change! I'm gonna look really good by next summer! (sooner hopefully, but next summer is conservative!)

Cute_n_curvey 05-12-2006 06:38 AM

MVM says they can't make a model with my height and weight... how depressing!

angeleyezx 05-12-2006 06:50 AM

http://www.seeyourselfslimmer.co.uk/

I cant believe they charge, geeze!

PeeB 05-12-2006 11:23 AM

Yeah that was depressing! If I put in my stuff and then plumped the girl out a bit, it kinda looked like me, only where are the rolls??? Shes so smooth and toned LOL. And there is no choice for rectangle shaped body... Im not smaller on top, not smaller on bottom, not smaller in the middle... Im big everywhere. So none of the shapes fit my reality... I cant make the model be big all over. I guess everyone has a part of them that is slimmer? I dont!

Jtjoray 05-12-2006 04:58 PM

They dont put enough fat on the stomach and upper arms. Otherwise those models say I'd look pretty good in a bikini...yeah right! Lol.

FrugalChick 05-12-2006 05:27 PM

My sister and I weigh around the same amount. I've had two kids, she's had none. I say she looks MUCH better at 60 lbs overweight than I do. I'd say these models haven't had any kids...boobs are too perky, stomachs are too flat (have you seen those panty commercials of the 'plus' girls? Same thing...they might be larger and over weight...but they aren't stretched out.) I can say that I look much different than my sister....and my breasts certainly do. Shoot, my model looks pretty great!

PeeB 05-12-2006 06:40 PM

Ive never had kids, and the model is too smooth for me, too. Yeah mine looks fine in a bikini, HAAAAAA it doesnt have the extra fat coming out under the arms, the rolls down the tummy... what EVER. Yeah Ive noticed that abt Plus Models, too... so smooth... always so jealous of them to be overweight but not look like the fat is all jammed on them and lumpy like me.

sli 05-12-2006 07:11 PM

Ok now I feel like a true blonde. Everytime that I click on the site it says:
We're sorry, the page you've requested does not exist or is no longer available.

If you feel you've reached this page by mistake, please verify the Web address and try again

Can someone help me please....

kittymuse 05-15-2006 12:37 PM

Try this...

As someone said, Glamour has higher weights:

http://glamour.mvm.com

sli 05-15-2006 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittymuse
As someone said, Glamour has higher weights:

http://glamour.mvm.com

Thank you that one worked for me.