Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-27-2005, 09:32 PM   #1  

Default New Dx Sleep Apnea, Have to Lose Weight!!

I don't have any choice. I have to lose weight. I have gained 75 pounds over the past 10 years and now it is recking my health. I have Sleep Apnea, high cholesterol, acid reflux and no will power!!!!

I am 214 I joined WW but go to meetings and eat good for a day or two and then blow it!!

HELP!!! I really need some help!

Chubby Girl
Chubby Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 09:31 AM   #2  
Old Cackler

hmmmm. there's a lot going on here. but bottom line, baby steps are definitely the way to go. a little here, a little there.

since you CAN stay on WW for at least a few meals, maybe if you focused on one meal at a time. just stay on program RIGHT NOW and not think any further than that. make a good choice NOW. and then another good choice, and another and another. try not to think about the bigger picture. just focus on now..

the chinese proverb: every journey starts out with a single step. and losing weight, then maintaining it is indeed a journey. a LONG LONG one.. and it's one step at a time...
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 08:11 AM   #3  

I have a lot to lose as well. One change at a time, one pound at a time, it's worked for me so far. Keep your eye on the prize, imagine how much better your life (and sleep!) will be once you are closer to goal, that thought has kept me going. I have sleep apnoea as well, and it is certainly getting better. My respiratory physician said every pound helps! Apparently the weight tends to come off your palate first???? Not sure I buy that one, but hey!!!! Best of luck to you!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 10:29 PM   #4  

I was trying to start a weight loss support on CPAPTALK.COM a wonderful forum I belong to for people who suffer from OSA.

Would you be interested in helping?
Chubby Girl is offline   Reply With Quote