Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-08-2005, 06:52 AM   #1  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Red face This seems to be the place to go...

Wow, this thread seems to be the place to be if you want responses quickly--it's awesome! I have been posting on a few of the more specific boards (300+, 100+ to lose), but I have yet to find a very consistent/constant buddy to help me out. In my job, I am sitting at a computer all day and tend to check these boards out quite often between projects (or whenever I need a quick break from the boredom/monotony of my position).

I am 22 years old and weigh between 305-310. I have stopped weighing myself as regularly. I was 310.5 at my highest (that I know of) when I decided NOT to allow myself to get any bigger (around the beginning of January). I don't have any children (the little girl in my avatar is my soon-to-be step-neice), I live alone, and I have a boyfriend with whom I'm celebrating our 1-year anniversary this coming weekend (WOOHOO! ). I'm basically in need of someone to hold me accountable for my actions! I'm not looking for a mother (I have one that nags plenty already), but when I am the only one who sees those numbers on the scale and such, then no one else ever knows if I don't do what I'm supposed to, ya know? I call my sister and tell her I have lost 5 pounds, then call her 2 weeks later and tell her I have lost 2 (when in actuality, I have gained 4 in the week in between, so am actually only down by 3 pounds when she thinks I'm down by 7---viscious little cycle).

ANYWAY, I should be getting my gym membership worked out this week, so working out should soon become part of my daily routine during the week. I'm also quite the picky eater (I can't stand carrots or celery or pretty much any meat other than chicken, ham, hotdogs, and hamburgers, and I don't like spicy food), so I'm looking for ideas of YUMMY healthy foods (I'm trying to stay around 1700-1800 calories a day right now) that are easy to prepare, not too expensive, and can be taken to work, meetings, rehearsals, etc. when on the go. BAH, howcome gaining weight is so much easier than losing it??
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 01:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/172/135

Height: 5'4"

I can reply to the meal suggestions part!

I'm at school all day every day, so I have a lot of experience packing meals. For lunches, I tend to do the generic: sandwich, veggies with hummus, salad, cheese sticks, Triscuits, nuts. Not all at once! But I don't have access to a fridge or microwave, so these are things I can pack in a lunch bag.

If you do have access to a fridge or microwave, your choices are much broader. When I had access to a microwave, I would usually bring leftovers from the night before. I would also bring frozen dinners with salad, cans of soup, just about anything that you can reheat in a microwave.

Good luck!
Forever42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 01:35 PM   #3  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

When I was in school full time, I always crammed all of my classes together so I would have like 4 hours of classes in a row, then have the rest of the day for homework, jobs, etc...Therefore, I always had time to eat at my apartment without having to pack a lunch or anything for the day. Guess I missed out on a valuable skill, despite the Bachelor's Degree
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 01:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/172/135

Height: 5'4"

Four hours of classes? That would have been a dream of mine! I pack all my classes together but being a science major, I've always had 2,3+ labs every semester. This semester, I have classes 7:30am-4pm without a break!
Forever42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 01:48 PM   #5  

Hi jill, I have a lot to lose as well. I bring my own lunch everyday now. I bring a protein, chicken, smoked salmon, lean ham or cottage cheese, with veggies that I like, red and yellow pepper, cucumber, celery, cherry tomatoes etc. I also make a mean spinach and strawberry salad with sunflower seeds. I have some low fat rice cakes in the afternoon.

This has worked for me, and I look forward to lunch. I have a sedentary job, I try to go for a walk at lunch time. I am lucky to have a gym at work, which I use three to four times a week, I swim as well, and try to do three sessions a week.

I'm getting tired of thinking about it all the time, what will I eat when, where, how......how do I avoid this that and the other situation, but I know it will all be worth it in the end. I am focussing on September, I really want to be out of the plus sizes by then.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 03:58 AM   #6  

Jilly! I'll be your friend. If you want we can exchange calorie count charts (I won't ask what you ate, just a total calorie count for each day, and I'll give you mine) if you'd like. I just started my diet 3 weeks ago, and my scale isn't accurate over 300 pounds, so I'm not sure what I weigh or what I've lost, but I've been a honest account of my calories, and biking. (Two days on, one day off).

BTW (Progresso has some carb options chicken, or beef vegetable soup...and it's 140 calories for the whole can! I thought that was awesome.)
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 03:59 AM   #7  

Oh and Sugarfree Jello is the best 10 calorie treat I've found. If you mix raspberry and strawberry it tastes like REAL jello.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote