Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-21-2005, 02:25 PM   #1  

Default baby weight

Has anyone with more than one baby found it harder to loose the weight brought on by the second one? I weighed 150 lbs when I got pregant with my first child. When I got pregant with the second one I weighed 170, and now I find it to be very difficult to go below that weight. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what did you do to help yourself t breakthrough? Thanks for your help!
binzamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 02:21 AM   #2  

I'm there right now. I have been changing my eating habits and I coupled that with some exrecise, but I am finding it hard to rid the weight. It's happening but it is really really slow. I am thinking that this could be a good thing because then maybe it will be a permanent loss??? But I am not an expert.

I have a nearly 3 year old and an 8 month old. I have just made it into my jeans that are bigger than my 'fat' jeans. I hope that by the end of next month I can get into my fat jeans. Here's hoping...
BeckyH87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 08:55 AM   #3  

I also found getting back in shape was more difficult after the birth of our second children were born. I think it was mostly because you are much more tired/busy with the second child. When our first son was born I was able to sleep when he did, and fit in much more walking as exercise. With the subsequent babies, though, I didn't necessarily have that luxury. Just because they were sleeping didn't mean our 2 year old was and he still had to be cared for so I was beat most of the time. Plus, when we would get out and walk it was at a much slower pace as the older child always wanted out of the stroller to smell every flower, look at every rock, etc. Not to mention that I think our hormones tend to go a little more haywire with each pregnancy and that can really affect you body.

Losing the weight is absolutely doable, though. You just have to resign yourself to the idea that it will be much slower this time around and may take more exercise than before. Try not to get too frustrated and stick with a sensible plan and you'll get there soon enough!
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 05:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I had two pregnancies pretty much back to back and I'm finding it slow going. I'm guessing it's because of all those extra hormones in your system that promote you storing some extra fat during that time. I read somewhere that it can take upwards of two years for your body to fully recover from a pregnancy. I'm figuring because of me having two close together I'm looking at 3-4 years instead.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote