Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-28-2005, 03:59 AM   #1  
Just Keep Swimming

S/C/G: 276/276/115

Default New

Hi everyone Im new here and I have just now decided to get over whatever it is stopping me and lose some weight....

I really have no idea how...and I need support Big time, So if anyone has any seggestions, Id be really greatful if you'd share them.

Thanks everyone!
Thehopefulcry2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 08:25 AM   #2  

Default Welcome

Hi Heather, welcome!!
It looks like you have started setting your weight goals. You need to decide what type of eating program you want to do and what type of physical activity that you would like. Have you ever dieted before? You need to decide what plan best fits your lifestyle. There are many to chose from, around here Weight Watchers and South Beach are the 2 favoriets. But you can follow anything you like. Do your homework and good luck. Post any time for help and questions.
lmatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 09:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

~Heather~

I think something helpful to start out with would be to sit down with a journal or paper...and start writing some things to yourself. Figure out why you want to lose weight, why you have become overweight, and what you want to do about it.
You have to be clear in your head about where you want to go forward and why.
Write down any bad habits (lack of exercise, hitting the vending machine every day for junk food at work, sitting down with a pint of ice cream when you get bored or upset) that are keeping you/making you overweight.
Facing the facts and knowing what your triggers are really helps-because you can't change what you don't acknowledge.
I think that this is the biggest step-and should be the first. Once you have realized what your situation is...then you can work on finding/making up a plan for your diet and exercise changes.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 07:04 PM   #4  

Default New also

Hi hon, I am 23 y/o and just the site yesterday. I am really need a buddy system. I am hoping to lose 50 lbs by my wedding day. it's been a long journey and just need a good friend to help along the way. Tessa
Nowlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 09:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

~Tessa~

How far away is your wedding? I ask this because it is very important that to stay motivated and to succeed-that we set reasonable goals that are attainable.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote