To all those that struggle, you CAN do it!

• Just wanted to let you all know that. I have been overweight most of my life...including the horrible teen years. I am now smaller than I was when I was at my smallest then. It's taken some time but it can be done. Slow and steady wins the race. I started in August 2002....lost 25 pounds and then stopped until March of 2003. I lost 30 more pounds. Then about March of this year...I decided to shed a few more pounds...about 17 total.

So to all of you that are having a hard time...you CAN do this. It's not easy but boy is it worth it. Instead of not being able to wear clothes because they are too small...now, I have the problem of having clothes that are too big.

If I can do it...anyone can.
  • congrats on your weight loss, its nice to hear about success stories it keeps me motivated!!!! thanx for sharing!!
  • Thanks for sharing that! I've been really down on myself lately because I lost 50 pounds last year, but have not been able to get motivated enough to shed the last 40 I need to go. It's nice to hear others who took it in "bursts" of 20 or 30 at a time.

Julie
  • heh michelle, congratulations on your weight loss! You must be so proud of yourself. Thanks for posting. I was doing good there for a while but no longer and it's feeling like a vicious cycle. I am so busy I can't exercise and addition I overeat, which normally wouldn't matter because I always exercised. The problem is I have never learned to eat less if I'm not exercising.

Anyhow, this vicious cycle results in me feeling so, so disgusted with myself that I no longer feel athletic. I have lost confidence in exercise and then don't go even when I have a reasonable chance even to get a workout in. I feel like an imposter, a blob that is just spinning her wheels.

Your post reminded me that I must keep trying. Never give up.